The Legalities Of Being A Taxi Driver For A Night?

JTM

Seeing as I really cant be arsed going out this new year, i thought id salvage what is meant to be a good night by making a bit of cash.

I thought i would go to a local town where there will be ALOT of people at about, say 12ish. And start offering people lifts, if I do it till aout 3am I should be able to get a bit of dosh?

Now is this actually illegal? or is it technicalities etc? Surely the police have better things to do on such a big night?

Opinions?

Edited by JTM

But how do they define what a taxi is, and hose who are giving mates a lift........?

Well I got pulled over for going in a bus & taxi lane, when I was just giving mates a lift... So I guess they assume you're a not taxi until proven otherwise? :lol:

It's no different to taking a mate somewhere and charging him/her petrol money. I say go for it, there's no way it can be illegal as long as you don't take advantage of taxi privileges.

??

its very much illegal, the police will spot it a mile off, the same car returning for 3 hours giving lifts!

taxis have additional plates, they pay loads in insurance and inbetween 60-100 just for being a member of a company per WEEK!

they will get pissed off too.

Dont do it, if u do and get away with it, ur a lucky cu*t

love as always

mikey

xxx

??

its very much illegal, the police will spot it a mile off, the same car returning for 3 hours giving lifts!

taxis have additional plates, they pay loads in insurance and inbetween 60-100 just for being a member of a company per WEEK!

they will get pissed off too.

Dont do it, if u do and get away with it, ur a lucky cu*t

love as always

mikey

xxx

I suppose you're right, I didn't think of that. Oh well, go for it if you're feeling lucky.

my lord.. possibly the most retarded idea ever

1. how are you going to charge them? with what meter?

2. When they get in and say "dover street 4th house on the left" and you go... shit wheres that

3. with 4 piss heads in your car throwing up what you gonna do? kick them out? as if they will listen

4. what if said 4 piss heads decide they want to beat the f**k outta you? only takes one guy to get lairy that your kicking them out.

the list will be never ending

just offer your mates lifts. far better driving somebody you know home, than some drunken pisshead throwing up in the back of your car.

surely you can get atleast 4 car loads full going in different directions. plus mates will usually be generous, and it keeps you out of any trouble with the police.

Seeing as I really cant be arsed going out this new year, i thought id salvage what is meant to be a good night by making a bit of cash.

I thought i would go to a local town where there will be ALOT of people at about, say 12ish. And start offering people lifts, if I do it till aout 3am I should be able to get a bit of dosh?

Now is this actually illegal? or is it technicalities etc? Surely the police have better things to do on such a big night?

Opinions?

Do it mong i wanna see you have a go.