Xbox 360

Mr Dave

Hey, few questions., asuming you have one.

1. Do you like yours

2. worth the money?

3.are the graphics really that much better than ps2?

4.Can you plug a keyboard and mouse into it ? to play call of duty?

5.any kool things it does?

6. where did you get yours. and is there anywhere i can get one now???

thanks

Dave :)

1) No decent games

2) Overheating problems

3) When decent games come out the 360 games will also be on PS3

4) PS3 not that far away (about the same time as decent 360 games)

5) Last Xbox's soon had uprated hardware (HD/DVD) that stopped the early "teething problems" - expect the same.

Wait for a PS3 - that way you'll be able to make a better decision. I've ALWAYS been an Xbox fan but have been so disillusioned with the big M. My moneys moving over to Sony me thinks!

1) No decent games

2) Overheating problems

3) When decent games come out the 360 games will also be on PS3

4) PS3 not that far away (about the same time as decent 360 games)

5) Last Xbox's soon had uprated hardware (HD/DVD) that stopped the early "teething problems" - expect the same.

Wait for a PS3 - that way you'll be able to make a better decision. I've ALWAYS been an Xbox fan but have been so disillusioned with the big M. My moneys moving over to Sony me thinks!

Eh shuttup ^_^

do you own one?

Don't tell me to shut up, unlike you I don't beg mummy and daddy for the latest most expensive bit of technology. I made that mistake with the Xbox one (even though some of us have to work, and I bought it myself) and won't make the same mistake with this one. :-

Like you (maybe not actually) I've spent the last year, especially the last six months reading all I can about next gen consoles. If you bothered to read anything about the PS3 then you'd know that 90% of Xbox 360 games are also on the PS3. Also decent games DO NOT EXIST on the 360 - YET! By the time they do the PS3 will just be around the corner, but being impatient you can't wait long enough to see, are there any decent games worth spending nearly £50 a go on? Has the hardware been uprated in the 360? Is the PS3 worth waiting for? So instead you'll save up all your paperound money and rush out like a sheep and buy one. Then in a year or two (or hour or two) you'll be having problems with the Hardware and you'll be thinking to yourself, shit maybe I should have waited a month or two - even though I didn't want the PS3 at least I'd have the 360 made from better components.

And yes I did nearly preorder one, and no I didn't in the end and yes I could have bought one from game four days before Xmas. And NO - I didn't buy one, I've decided to wait. :(

So don't tell me to shut up :sleeping:

Edited by MesaMan

Don't tell me to shut up, unlike you I don't beg mummy and daddy for the latest most expensive bit of technology.

Im 18...my mum and dad wouldnt give me the steam of there piss yet alone a f**king xbox.

Why is you comparing to something that isnt here yet :ermm:

Xbox > Playstation, fact. wooo so the ps3 might have some more gadgets.( it aint out yet :blink: ) playstation is a KIDS toy.

Yer £50 is steep, they'll go down wont they. Yes they will.

When ps3 games come out, they will be £50 wont they, yes.

WHY, are we even arguin?? this is opinion against opinion, no one will win, i leave it there :P

EDIT - olly back me up here.

Edited by JoeMaher

Im 18...my mum and dad wouldnt give me the steam of there piss yet alone a f**king xbox.

:P

wooo so the ps3 might have some more gadgets.( it aint out yet :blink: ) playstation is a KIDS toy.

I fail to see how you can call the PS3 (and thus the Cell) a kids toy, without calling the 360 a toy. The cell is being used (and soon to be used) everywhere and is also being used in military applications.

Just offering my opinion, I don't need all you fan boys having a go. Let's live in your fascist world where there is no choice, just 360's and lets see how hard games and hardware is pushed huh?

Tom Booth, wow you impress me with your pathetic comments - go do some homework. :lol:

PS3:

1) Will there be any decent games? Nope, it will take time for some to come out.

2) PS3 is probably going to be utterly plauged with problems like pretty much all PS2's did even to the new slimline.

PS3 has/will have more development time.

3) When decent games come out the 360 games will also be on PS3 - Nope games like Oblivion and alot of high rated 1st party games (like Halo 3 etc) will not be available, only shite games from EA and Ubisoft.. OmGz!1!1 Fifa 2020!?!?!?

Try naming some original games! Where's the 360's killer app? LOL

And just because you can name a handful of games - all sequels doesn't mean new "original" (term used loosely) aren't dual format. One game, for example, Splinter Cell 4.

4) PS3 not that far away (about the same time as decent 360 games) - Lies, the PS3 will probably slip back further to near next Christmas, if not after knowing Sony and the PSP fiasco.. Where as a lot of decent 360 games will be out in March (Y)

Well that extra time means, hardware better tested/fixed, games more time in development = more games.

5) The price of the PS3? That's going to be some saving.. clearly going to be £££ and Sony were to scared to even say how much it might be in case people thought sod that and chose the 360 which is good value.

Hardware will probably be more, but you're getting better hardware (Blue ray). They (like Microsoft) will lose on each unit. The games are going to be competitively priced though, less than you think. The 360 cost more than the PS2 and people bought it.

There's a few nice games out for the 360 now, PGR3 probably being the best. If your not a hardcore gamer there's not too much point in shelling out for one just yet, if there's a selection of games out now the sure, you'll not regret it :)

I agree, SOME good games (one or two and not enough for me to spend the best part of £100 just on 2games), still not showing anywhere near the potential of the 360. Ghost Recon 3, Gears of War and Oblivion I do look forward to.

Rob

Edited by MesaMan

Homework!...Stll got a week of holiday left before im back at college (Y)

And why has Mr Daves topic turned ito a full on war? Ffs Cant one topic...ONE topic go without an argument(i know i contributed...but im special..Rob P told me :))

And mesaman....Just because your older why do you think it gives you the right to tell joe to stop sponging and me to get some homework done? Why dont you just act your age dude? Your like what? 26??? and your behaving like a 'tard...Get a life man

Edited by Tom Booth

Have some of that mesaman. :rolleyes:

And thats coming from the biggest console/computer geek on the forum :P

SAD

Not that I need it, but listening to some "geek" compared to my brother who is a games developer, who could run you down and blow you mind with what (and who) he knows - just isn't worth it. He was developing on the Xbox dev kit before you knew what graphics card was in it.

Don't believe the hype.

Is your opinion bias? Propaganda?

Do what you want kids I won't bother offering an opinion next time.

yeah lol, i dont mind, i like a good argument.

I can see both sides of the story, and i would have thought mesaman, being 26 or sumat, would have too :closedeyes:

i really wanna play one first, annoys me though, all these companys mess around waiting for the best release time, and only releasing a few, to tease people and make them pay more, they clearly could have releases ALOT more... realease them, let us play. (Y)

Dave

p.s noones answered many of my questions :rolleyes:

edit : Also mesaman, your on a forum, where the average age is proberly about 16 if that, what do you expect?

we dont all have brothers that develop consoles. However your asumption that we are all kids that ponse off our parents is a bit annoying.

Edited by Mr Dave

Ok guys, theres no need for the bitching, i can see there is some good healthy discussion going on, but just leave the personal snipes out of this, thats all three of you, joe, tom and mesaman.

On the subject of the 360, i can see why it was popular at launch, due to all the hype and a couple of good games. Microsoft have chosen to make getting their product in first their priority, which has its benefits and problems. The less mature hardware being one, as is the lack of decent titles available that can take full advantage of the hardware available to them.

Some of the hardware issues will be sorted out through rolling development (hopefully the disc scratching problem at least), then the overheating should be sorted when the chips move from a 90nm production process down to a 65nm process, as this reduced the thermal output for the same speed and architectured chips. Finally, game development, new hardware always takes time to learn the best and most efficient ways to program and utilize, hense the increasing quality of games on all consoles as they move throughout their lifetime. By the sound of things Sony has decided to give their game developers longer to get more mature games at launch whereas the big M decided to get the hardware out there with only a couple of develoipers managing to get anywhere near what they should out of the hardware. I can see big things coming in the future for both the 360 and the PS3 in terms of games quality. My one big hope is that when the 360 gets an HD DVD drive they prodiuce a USB version for those who bought one of the original units at launch.

Personally I'm a PC gamer anyway, as i like to have something that is a bit more versatile than a console and can't stand first person shooters without a mouse.

Apologies if I offended anyone, comments about "kids getting stuff bought for them" withdrawn.

I agree with tank_rider, a 65nm processor will reduce heat problems, although it appears the heat problems with the 360 is power related (power pack). The 65nm processor will be more useful for portables.

Top Spec PC's are great, shame they cost so much more. A top card and compatible PC would get you a 360 and a cheap HDtv.

Personally I'm a PC gamer anyway, as i like to have something that is a bit more versatile than a console and can't stand first person shooters without a mouse.

Same here, I would love for them to bring out a console where you could plug a keyboard and mouse in! I just can't use analog sticks.

Then I can go to a game shop and buy a game for my console put it in and it work run smoothly the lot :o o how I wish.

I did hear the other day that you could plug in USB keyboards and mouses in to the ps3, is this true?

Sam

Well i wont be getting an Xbox 360 after what i thought of the original xbox, i just really didnt like it :S.

Graphics - Well yeh graphics are important but no one can say the PS3 or Xbox 360 is better than the other. A game can have absolutely amazing graphics but have complete and utter shite gameplay etc. Such as ive been bored recently and have been playing final fantasy VII because its probably the best final fantasy game out, yet would have no chance in competing with graphics nowadays.

Games - You cant really say one is better than the other because one has better games, because you dont know what sort of games other people like you will obviously have your own preferences that other people will think are crap games.

But to be really honest, PC is where its at for online gaming atleast!

There both good consoles but PS3 all the way :)

You can plug them in, as you can 360 - but will they work? :-

Microsoft wanted to create the Xbox as a console and were keen to keep any associations with PC's separate. And as such never had support for one. The Xbox was DirectX7(custom) and it's worth pointing out that they only at the end of it's life brought out a FF wheel - pathetic.

I'd imagine keyboards and mice will definitely play a major role in both the PS3 and 360 (entertainment hubs able to connect to multiple devices etc)

I still prefer a decent joy pad though, sitting at my desk makes me tired more than lying on a sofa/bed arms released.

But to be really honest, PC is where its at for online gaming atleast!

Errr Xbox live anyone?

OK so it's not "free" but the community is great, well not so great as it's full of fat American kids who sound like they've got a have masticated burger in their mouths playing a rated game they're years too young for. But CAN be great, clans, friends etc.

I really didn't think xbox live was that good at all. And yes i did try different games on it. I played halo 2, unreal championship, need for speed underground 2 and rainbow six 3. The thing i found was that there is a LOT less players than there are with pc games. Theres still people playing in servers for command and conquer renegade on the pc and thats an ancient game.

Plus the people who are playing on xbox live are mainly little kids which gets really irritating, when you finally do find a person whos older on there they're usually quite stuck up. I'm not saying that all are but if i asked anybody to let me know how to do something they usually told me to f**k off :( , which isn't too great.

Needless to say my time on xbox live finished at the same time the two month free trial expired.

Anyway to the xbox 360, I have played one and the menu's and everything seemed great and the controllers are easy to hold and use etc. but i was put off slightly by the irratic behaviour the console was having... when me and my mate were playing king kong, it was quite common for king kong to turn into a giant blue shape.. along with trees and any other item in the game the console thought it should jazz up. :S:(

The guys in choices (the video shop, where we were playing on it) said that it was the third model they'd had because the first got too hot and refused to work anymore, and the second kept killing the discs so they were no longer useable. These are most likely errors they can fix but i'm not in any rush to buy an xbox 360 until the majority of the problems have been sorted out.

The graphics for the xbox 360 are much better than the ps2, if you can find a video shop or virgin store etc. near you that has a demo console for you to try have a go on project gotham 3. The graphics in this game are much better than anything i've seen on the ps2 ever! I think i'm also right in saying the xbox 360 has full screen anti-aliasing as well which i don't think the ps2 has. This means that all the grainy/blocky edges round things are smoothed off to make them look more realistic.

The xbox 360 has a coouple of usb ports on it, so there should definately be some room for a mouse and keyboard being used but as of yet there isn't one available so you won't be able to use it with call of duty, unless someone makes a patch or something so that you can use a pc keyboard and mouse in it. I think one of the features for the 360 is that theres the online marketplace where people can swap and download different features and extras for their games, so there could well be a keyboard/mouse patch turn up on there at some point.

I think one of the best cool features of it is the wireless controller with the menu button on it. As far as i can make out this allows you to grab the controller and switch the xbox on without having to walk across the room to go turn it on. THE ULTIMATE LAZY DEVICE! :D

As for where to get one.. they're starting to be shipped to the stores again now so you should see a lot more places with them for sale now. The virgin megastores near me got 24 of them in on the 23rd of december and have been told there getting another delivery some point next week. B)

As for being worth the money, well that depends on what you want for your money. It seems to be a console that you can play good games on and that has a lot of upgradeability/customisation potential. But i would say that the £209.99 core version isn't worth the money when you get so much more with th £279.99 premium pack.

sorry for such a long post but i hope it helped :) . (plus if someone see's something in here that isn't true can you let the guy know as i probably won't find this thread again :D )