Www.billocks.co.uk...

billocks

hi,

ive just finished (after months of learning html) my new website.

THE SITE - Its purpose is to showcase my riding ( just cos i can :lol: )

THE VID - ive just made this new vid (billocks - blue orchid) to round off my riding of 2005... critisism is always welcome. ( dont be too harsh as it is new years eve lol :D )

so...

the video is on the vids page of my site, (right click it and save taget as)

www.billocks.co.uk

cheers and happy new year to all, :)(Y)

bill ^_^

Edited by billocks

Nice site, it took a while to load. I'm not sure if that is a coding issue or just my pc being slow. But overall its nice, the vid hasn't finished yet but I will let you know.

Video was good, going pretty big for a nipper :P Editing was a little weird in places but the riding was good.

Edited by derf

Nice site, it took a while to load. I'm not sure if that is a coding issue or just my pc being slow. But overall its nice, the vid hasn't finished yet but I will let you know.

cheers mate,

ive had 13veiws and only 1 reply :S

must be the fact its new years eve n no-one is on here... :closedeyes:

MORE COMMENTS PLEASE!

bill ;)

From the top. :)

The site.

Splash pages are pointless and a waste of space. Unless you're are selling it as a prime advertising space, which would be even more pointless on a personal site of this size, then get rid of it.

In general, the site design is actually pretty good, but a few things you need to look at.

For starters, you're rollovers all start as if you was rolled over them all. It's not until you rollover them for the first time that they revert to their proper states on rollover. If that makes sense? Ok, i've just looked, and you've used javascript, and it's more then likely that. Good luck if you want to try and fix that ;)

The banner isn't to bad, although the whole photoshop-brush-spam thing is getting old, it kind of works for the site. However, the text in the banner is a bit un-readable with that font. The bit underneath "www.billocks.co.uk" in particular.

Moving down, the text underneath the picture looks very, sort of, child-ish. I've put it down to it being centered. Unless it's a title, you should never center main body text. The font colour could of also been chosen better. With that background, the font doesn't become un-readable, but it becomes questionable.

Finally, on the video page, it's not glaringly obvious which video is which, as you've sort of incorporated the links into a sentence. Try and make it obvious which video is new, how new, i.e, add a date and also add what song's where used. Saves a lot of questions later.

Also, a quick tip. In your "body {}" CSS declaration, add "margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;" underneath the background color one. Stops you having that space at the bottom of your website between the picture and window pane.

The Video.

Personally, i actually thought this was pretty good. Some editing was sketchy, like the bit when you was doing the drop of that brick building, and the drop-gap from the container to the pellets. So not bad at all.

Could of spent less time at that first bench though, any longer and i would of turned it off.

Also, cut your hair. :blink::lol:

Funny enough, I visited your site this morning and it wasn't up then. Nice to see something new :) I havnt had a great look around just yet, but that intro is fantastic with the hair!

Good job (Y)(Y)

cheers for the compliment about the hair :D

i normally get allot o jip for havin long hair on here lol :rolleyes:

Very nice site mate, you say you have only just learnt HTML? it's bloody good lol, really like your bike and yer new vids awsome. Keep it up man (Y)(Y)(Y)

Mat

thanx allot mate,

bill ^_^

MR BILLOCKS!!!

Site is finally up i see, took long enough haha. I really like the look of it (Y) I see my old bike is doing well :P , but how dare you put try- all tyres on it though.tut tut :angry: ( joke).

Just downloaded the vid, very nice, like the other, well done. ^_^

Watch out for this lad in the future, gunna be big (Y) (Y)

simon...

DONT JIP HAIR!!! (N)

anyway... thanks for your 'constructive critisism'

i have only been learning basic htp BY MYSELF for the past 6 months... so im pretty sure that you shoulnt expect as much as you were ;)

as for the vid... i understand the fact that you dont like the editing, cos everyone has a personal preference, what did you think to the ridin??...

besides i just wanted to get rid of a few clips and make a new start.

cheers for your critisism as it has helped more than it has hurt, ^_^

more comments would be appreciated,

bill (Y)

PS:

DONT JIP THE HAIR SIMON :P

i have only been learning basic htp BY MYSELF for the past 6 months... so im pretty sure that you shoulnt expect as much as you were ;)

I wasn't expecting anything, i simply commented on what was there, and even that wasn't based on how much HTML you knew, or how much you should know. :ermm:

as for the vid... i understand the fact that you dont like the editing, cos everyone has a personal preference, what did you think to the ridin??...

I said i liked the editing? :ermm:

Riding was pretty good in actual fact, although you could of showed more, maybe there isn't any lines or what ever where you are, but variety lacked.

Out of interest;

anyway... thanks for your 'constructive critisism'

Why the ' '. Without spoon feeding you, that's about as constructive as anyone can get? :huh:

;)

I wasn't expecting anything, i simply commented on what was there, and even that wasn't based on how much HTML you knew, or how much you should know. :ermm:

I said i liked the editing? :ermm:

Riding was pretty good in actual fact, although you could of showed more, maybe there isn't any lines or what ever where you are, but variety lacked.

Out of interest;

Why the ' '. Without spoon feeding you, that's about as constructive as anyone can get? :huh:

lol :)

sorry,

just took it the rong way ^_^

well thankyou for clearing that up for me mate ;)

cheers for you comment/advice,

bill

ps. the hair was what pee'd me off really...its just that i get comments like that everyday on the street lol, so i didnt fancy gettin jip on here aswell ;)

I see my old bike is doing well :P , but how dare you put try- all tyres on it though.tut tut :angry: ( joke).

Just downloaded the vid, very nice, like the other, well done. ^_^

thankyou very much mate ;)

im saving those monty tyres ou gave me for the summer when there isnt as much crap floating about ^_^

cheers,

more comments would be appreciated,

bill :D

Nice really liked it :)

good editting, to my liking (Y)

As for the site, them photoshop brushes runied it, sorry >_<

Cheers andy

cheers for you possitive comment on ma vid...

im making new buttons etc.

they should be updated when i can get the site running from my comp ( not ma uncles )

i recon i will give it a nice new make-over when i get it settled in,

cheers for you comment mate,

a lil critisism doesent hurt ^_^

cheers,

bill :)(Y)

Very Nice site! I really like it alot... the kinda thing i like so (Y) from me...

also couldnt be arse to download the Vid as it was sayig it was going to take an hour! And ive got 2mg BB so adont think that was right?

And i know you like your hair, and i have long hair but seriously.. i thought u was a girl, till i read your name :- Atleast get a trim yeh?

lol

Scotty ^_^

Well i have been waiting for you site to be up for ages bill and i have to say, i really like it. Its definatly the kinda thing i like also. (Y)

Now the vid... Liked it a lot! Din't really like the editing when you droped of signhills roof with all that colour crap but apart fropm that it was mint! Ace song choice as well (Y):)

Erm, just had a look at the D.O.B on your sig, did a little maths (its been a while...), and..... well..... you're 13.... Holy Shit you're good...... Downloaded both vids and I can safely say there was plenty of stuff I just couldn't have done being a good 5-6 years older (sidehops onto rails... :o )

Site was good, if a little slow to load up. But its simple, easy to navigate and looks cool.

Nice one. (Y)

Rich