Hmm Help On Upgrading Tpro

Up'n'away

Hey all

Ok its my bday tomorrow so i should have so i should have some extra cash to spend.

What would you say i should upgrade first?

I am very keen on get a front disk brake prefebly Hydro, what would i need?

Btw i have the standard tpro atm.

Cheers in advance

Brad

Edited by Brad123

You dont need a whole new wheel, just get a new hub. the alex rims that come on them are probably some of the strongest rims you could buy.

the hubs that come on the t-pro's are pants, mine died on me completely.

after that get new forks, with disk mounts followed by a new hub and spokes to fit, then you can go ahead and buy a disk to fit on to your bike.

You dont need a whole new wheel, just get a new hub. the alex rims that come on them are probably some of the strongest rims you could buy.

the hubs that come on the t-pro's are pants, mine died on me completely.

after that get new forks, with disk mounts followed by a new hub and spokes to fit, then you can go ahead and buy a disk to fit on to your bike.

Ok great :D

my main thing is, ENGAGMENTS easier to gap keep on back wheel without pedaling a mile to get any sort of power output when you need that, dont know if that is free wheel or hub, i have 6 inch bigger wheels! and mainly rear brake you will notice the differance instantly

You can get echo easy forks for £72, a nice four bolt booster for around £40, zoo bars for £37 or instead a echo team stem which would probly be a better bet.

Echo Easy, 4-bolt - these yes?

Theyre fine , i have to get some pedals so il get some hognesiums,new pads and a booster!

Edited by Brad123

If you want to change bars or stem you'll have to do them together because standard t-pro bars are a stupid size and nothing else will fit.

you get hog rims on an 05 t-pro so no need to upgrade them till they break.

What you will actually need is a new freewheel cos the one you get on the t-pro (ACS claw) is a bag of shite . Get an ENO trials freewheel (the green one w 72EPs) it'll cost anywhere between 70 and 85 quid .

I'd spend the rest on some lovely new brakepads and some decent pedals.

then i wud say get sum echo easy forks and an avid 7 ball bearing disc, with a 185mm rotor, cable, but at only £50 u can't go wrong ands lock like a hope! u'll also need a new headset i shud think, get one of the new echo ones, there pricey but f****in well smart!

Edited by ned1

u'll also need a new headset i shud think, get one of the new echo ones, there pricey but f****in well smart!

As said by poopipe the headset wont fit because it is a 1 1/8th headset, all onza frames have internall headsets so you need an internall headset. You dont really need to upgrade the headset the one as standard is fine.

The T-pro headset does fit with echo easy forks my mate did it on his old T-pro and it worked fine (Y) .

He wasnt debatiing wether the forks would work, hes saying the headset wont.

I would recommend:

Forks (Echo Easy?)

Bar and stem (Zoo! bars and Echo stem will go nicely)

That will give the front end a nice feel, then buy some new pads for the rear (no need for the front if your getting a disc) and save for a disc brake and a eno 72ep.

Ok so if i did buy those forks, would they fit the standard tpro stem and handlebars as i dont have any others atm.

Any advise on what booster?

it's a pretty safe bet the forks will fit the stem - again - check with the shop first just to be sure

booster ?

echo 4 bolt - £20(ish), works properly, looks ok and fits fine.