Side Hops

!waTTsy!

I've been riding about a year now and can sidhope my brake lever height which is about 33'', my mate Joe Elding who is really good can sidehop 40'' after a year of riding.

I find it really difficult to commit to sidehops, i go straight to backwheel, and sidehop towards my forwards foot and often find i am too scared to put effort in ad put my foot down before i have put any real effort into the take off I have been told i should sidehop the other way, yet it feels awkward just to go up a kurb that way :(

Ahh well practice makes perfect i suppose..........

i was riding less than a year when i was doing 37". but i think there is to much sidehopping going on nowerdays sice cls and tunni and others. all u see now in vids is sidehops and gaps to front wheel yes they r very gd but we need soem more veriation and some more smoother riding around like ed tounge and danny holroyd. and i wanna see lots me natty as well. (Y):-

i was riding less than a year when i was doing 37". but i think there is to much sidehopping going on nowerdays sice cls and tunni and others. all u see now in vids is sidehops and gaps to front wheel yes they r very gd but we need soem more veriation and some more smoother riding around like ed tounge and danny holroyd. and i wanna see lots me natty as well. (Y):-

i like natty and stuff but it doesnt look good on video so i stick with street.....its looks and is more interestin in my opinion

i do agree that street does some times loo better in vids but to ride natty any day more of a challange and its wat trials is about and its how trials started out. if i saw a vid with a huge gap on natty wood think much more of it than a big street gap. but i do see were u are coming from but every 1 to there own

cheers

I hav bin tryin to sidehop for ages now and got a few injuries.

I tried this low bench, clipped my wheel on it, fell over the back and broke 2 ribs. That waz in the holidays and I was off my bike for 6 weeks.

I got my nu bike built and I could sidehop on 3 pallets.

I found a low bench that was level and not broken. I had a go and over I went AGAIN! Snapped a muscle.

Now I hav in ridin for a year I havent had much luck.