Side Hops

!waTTsy!

I have 8/9 months worth of riding and i can only side hope bout 15"... I find it very awkward and hard to get the height combined with a sideways motion..for some wierd reason i end up going backwards aswell :S

(Y)

Do you take off with your bake brake on?

I have 8/9 months worth of riding and i can only side hope bout 15"... I find it very awkward and hard to get the height combined with a sideways motion..for some wierd reason i end up going backwards aswell :S

(Y)

if so get closer. not too close you will hit your pedal.you can get alot hire than that if you put you mind to it.trials is all in the head, i used to sidehop to the right and i am right foot and i was crap so i made my self switch side and i amd hitting 37'' fromm 21''. hope i helped buddy.

hi people

i was just wonderin how high you people could side hop afta a year of riding, just to see if i am any good at the moment

my highest is 33" which i done yesterday

cheers

well i didn't side hop because i only have just been introduced to the move, but after august when i started, i practised and practised and i got 36/37'' so i was happy with that.

hi people

i was just wonderin how high you people could side hop afta a year of riding, just to see if i am any good at the moment

my highest is 33" which i done yesterday

cheers

How old are you? 33" is very good if you have only been riding a year. (Y)

What is the correct/best technique for a side hop??

There is no correct technique. Its what ever works for you.

I couldnt side hop for shiz from two wheels static on the ground but practised side hopping from back wheel and am much better.

It seems if you want to go ultra big, back wheel hopping is the best method

I can only do smallish sidehops like 4 pallets high, but the way find easiest, is getting quite close to the pallets (or whatever your sidhoping onto / over) and slow right down so your coasting along at like 1mph then lift the front wheel up as high as you can and as you do that lean to the side, then while the back wheel is still on the floor pedal like a quater of a turn if that (like you do in a pedal kick) and move your weight over to the side your hopping to and forwards so your level with the handlebars and then pull the bike up under you as close to your ass as you can. make sure you've got your brakes on when ou land aswel.

I'll make a short video when my wrist gets better, it won't be very high but i'll try and make it as clear as possible!

Hope i help Mike!!!

I'm with Ali on this one, i didn't start them until about 2.5 years of riding.

You young ones progress so much quicker than us who have been riding for ages.

I learnt on a GT Talera, that was the hight of trials technology 'cos it has a 14" frame!