Car Insurance

PaRtZ

OK Im 17, UK provisional, found a cheap to insure car. Now Im putting the insurnace in mums name, with me as named driver. (This is all from confused.com). Anyway it went off and got me some ace quotes considering, but they were from companies I have never heard of :S

So can anyone tell me why, these cheap insurers WILL insure me, whereas norwich union, churchill, more than etc. wont.... :S Am I likely to be in the poo if I have a crash?

ta

Some of the big companies have a minimum age, i know for a fact that More Than do (although i've been insured on my mums car from 17 because we bullied them a bit) Because they're big they can afford to where as the smaller ones will take any business. Thats a guess btw lol

Also have a look into getting your own policy, the earlier you start the sooner that premium will go down and NCB will rise.

If i were you i'd find a nice cushty policy until you're 18 and have passed then find your own, oh and TPFT sucks arse.

Pete

Yeah i got fully comp on a rover 214i for.... £850 :o quite happy

Ok thank you for the advice. Ill look again in a few months time :)

i repeat, DO NOT GO ON PARENTS INSURANCE

If you go on your parenst insurance then you wont pay as much, but also you wont build up any no claims bonus! So when you do go on your own insurance you will pay shit loads even though you have experance driving.

Its best to go on your own insurance straight away, yes you will be paying over a grand (cars im looking at gonna cost me £1500-£2000) but you will build your no claims up (if you dont claim obviously) and the next year you insurance will drop alot! And keep dropping every year! So go on your own insurance, it will be better in the long run!

Norwich Union probably would insure you, although in my personal opinion they are an awful insurance company.

If you were using confused.com or something simular to find quotes, then NU, More Than, Churchill will not work on it because you need to enter a secuity code when you do a quote, this is to prevent generated quotes.

Also, when you get insurance, make sure to ring them up if there is no 10% discount from internet purchases, if you ring them you might be able to knock it down some more if the staff are in a good mood.