New 18t Fixed Front Cog.

Savage

Probably the finest 18T cogs...

VIEW

Machined from the high grade steel to the tightest tolerances. Produced in the USA. Thicker collar area produces flat surface to butt up against the bash ring/cranks arm to aid future removal.

The cogs will be marketed under the PLAZMATIC brand name, along with their highly successful brake blocks. Other innovative quality parts will join the range soon.

Price is still to be set, but it will be competitive, they should arrive in 2 – 3 weeks.

Ben.

they look trick as hell. look extremly well made, looks good quality and strong material

will have to be having one of those off you benny boy when you get them.

they look strong and meaty, they dont look like a thin piece of steel like some fixed front cogs.

Waynio......................

Agree with Wayne, look very tough. But Im expecting them to be vastly overpriced. I've never heard of (and theres nothing in the search) of broken cogs though :S My onza 18t Is still as fine as it was when I bought it.

So long as price is sub £20 it'll be a winner

surely some manufacturer has though as fat ahead as to make a tool to take them off

Yeah I agree will, that is one thing which I really hate.... (N)

looks ok,

i d ont think there is a need to work to really high tolerances on cogs, and any CNC machine could produce on of those exactly to a drawing.

i might have a go at making on myself :-

Really, f**king hell, you mean i dont need a milling machine with a pot of pixie dust and a leprechaun operater to make them?

Really, f**king hell, you mean i dont need a milling machine with a pot of pixie dust and a leprechaun operater to make them?

you know what craigo means mr.dave :P

and it pisses me off that they dont have some kind of taking off device on them :@

'nice flat edge so you have a chace of taking them off'

PUT A FOOKING TOOL FITTING ON ONES SIDE AND YOU WONT HAVE TO HAVE A 'nice flat edge'

fatty designers :P

(woop, thats outta my system :) )

fair doos this forum is full of grumpy c**ts now, take a chill pill gimp :closedeyes:

this nis the only forum where you get moaned at for posting your opinion

fair doos this forum is full of grumpy c**ts now, take a chill pill gimp :closedeyes:

this nis the only forum where you get moaned at for posting your opinion

Point out the f**king obvious in the style of a retarded four year old and your gonna get the piss taken.

you know what craigo means mr.dave :P

and it pisses me off that they dont have some kind of taking off device on them :@

'nice flat edge so you have a chace of taking them off'

PUT A FOOKING TOOL FITTING ON ONES SIDE AND YOU WONT HAVE TO HAVE A 'nice flat edge'

fatty designers :P

(woop, thats outta my system :) )

Chain whips of fixed cogs, best thing about echo cogs with the holes in you can get them off with my custom tool :P.

But, as for a cog, it looks great, will probably be heavier than others, Ive never heard of any front cogs breaking so Im not sure if there is much point in it being beefy, the tolerances thing is load of rubbish on a cog, I would doubt they are checked so much to keep some crazy stupid tolerances when it's totally not needed, from what I can see it's just a cog like all the others, when you machine cogs like that nothing can go wrong to get such bad tolerances, ye, so, they look good i suppose :sleeping:

you could probably make one, providing you have tohe correct machines/tools :P

to be honest why the hell do they need to be made to such high tolerances :S its a f**king cog!! they get worn down!

i dont think anyones ever had a problem with their cogs before apart form getting them back off after they've been used. maybe thats what the manufacturors should concentrate on.

Chain whips of fixed cogs, best thing about echo cogs with the holes in you can get them off with my custom tool :P.

But, as for a cog, it looks great, will probably be heavier than others, Ive never heard of any front cogs breaking so Im not sure if there is much point in it being beefy, the tolerances thing is load of rubbish on a cog, I would doubt they are checked so much to keep some crazy stupid tolerances when it's totally not needed, from what I can see it's just a cog like all the others, when you machine cogs like that nothing can go wrong to get such bad tolerances, ye, so, they look good i suppose :sleeping:

honestly?

i have snapped TWO echo ones, the one with the holes in and the one without!!

joE!

We considered putting two flats on collar so that a tool similar looking to pedal wrench could be used. But to be honest, we didn't see the point. Creating special tools to get the thing off seemed to be a bit much. Why create new tools that people have to buy if it will not speed the job up? All you have to do is take your drive side pedal off, put a pipe on the arm, rotate until it wedges against the ground.... put chain whip on....... and push down. Cost of pipe?.......... usually free. If a cog is really stuck on there nasty....put a pipe on the chain whip, that will give you more than enough leverage to get it off. Pipe comes in handy for a number of operations on a bike that require a bit less than delicate hand.

Over the years I have seen a number of cogs warp and/or break. I have also seen cogs that were machined so poorly the chain did not mesh correctly with the cog.

Tim/Plazmatic

Edited by Tim/Trialsin USA

We considered putting two flats on collar so that a tool similar looking to pedal wrench could be used. But to be honest, we didn't see the point. Creating special tools to get the thing off seemed to be a bit much. Why create new tools that people have to buy if it will not speed the job up?

Tim/Plazmatic

you dont need to make special tools, you could have just put a freewheel remover compatible spline, thats what people want. the point would have been the fact that your cog would be the only one that was easy(er) to get off. pretty good selling point in my oppinion.