Always Work Safely!

PaRtZ

I am now a little bit lighter!

alex (alex!beastytrials) came round to mine today to get his toxsin booster drilled to fit his monty. As the fool I am, I dont have a vice (please don't tell me too from shop x, I could get hold of an ace bench + metal vice for £50 but my dad said no.......) So I thought Id put all my weight on it, as it sat upon my workmate (gay work folding workbench)

So I begin drilling. Whirrrr JUMP! The drill jumped out and spun accross my wrist leaving a tattoo like mark. Its actually quite cool (Y) Anyway thinking nothing of it (because Im a man B) ) I carried on

Whiirrrrrr JUMP!! Whirr slosh

Hmm

It jumped out again and landed by some extreme freak of nature, on a mole I had on the very base of my thumb. Obviously the drill bit is designed to cut through steel, so flesh was no problem for it.

Currently Im sat with a bandage on my hand, protecting a wee hole in my hand. I was very lucky and it only went in about 3 mm, but it just goes to show that accidents can happen. Therefore Im suggesting that this thread be made a sticky with saftey precautions on it, because there are people, like me, who don't know what safety is, even it comes up and slapd them in the face

btw im not after sympathy, cos im 'ard :angry: 'GRRR' :P:lol:

lol nice one, sounds like fun :D it was a pretty stupid thing to do though :P

Well, dont put your fingers in a spinning wheel with a disc brake, i did that with gloves on luckily and only got a nicely bruised tip of my finger and a cut. Although im sure some people on here mustve had worse experiences with that

lol nice one, sounds like fun :D it was a pretty stupid thing to do though :P

Well, dont put your fingers in a spinning wheel with a disc brake, i did that with gloves on luckily and only got a nicely bruised tip of my finger and a cut. Although im sure some people on here mustve had worse experiences with that

I did the same, problem THE most painful thing thats ever happened to me, it nearly decapited it, stopped on the bone and blood covered the whole bike i was working on !! nasty!

then the time i hit the flesh between by thumb and index finger with a big blue point 32 0z hammer against a splinedd bb which took a nice ring of flesh off :(

Not as bad as the lad in swindon i heard about cut top part of his finger off checking chain taughtness, whilst riding and using ffw (N)

Think yourself lucky.

About a year ago or so I was on a First Aid course for part of my Health and Safety Diploma, we got shown several photos of accidents that happened within the manufacturing business.

One imparticular sticks in my mind...

It was a man of a chubby build supervising carpet going though rollers. Anyway,something or other happened and the guy touched the carpet, which dragged his hand and into the rollers.

The gap between the rollers was 3mm....andit sucked his hand in, crushing every bone into dust and then finally his fingers had exploded...THAT was disgusting.

Think yourself lucky.

About a year ago or so I was on a First Aid course for part of my Health and Safety Diploma, we got shown several photos of accidents that happened within the manufacturing business.

One imparticular sticks in my mind...

It was a man of a chubby build supervising carpet going though rollers. Anyway,something or other happened and the guy touched the carpet, which dragged his hand and into the rollers.

The gap between the rollers was 3mm....andit sucked his hand in, crushing every bone into dust and then finally his fingers had exploded...THAT was disgusting.

nice :ermm::ermm:

I think i have only ever ground a freewheel off, and then grabbed the crank arm after just grinding on it (absolute thick idea) it was red hot and burnt my hadn lmao!

Lol. True.

Could just spend a fiver on a decent g clamp/cramp (never worked that one out), will come in handy.

My mate did a similar thing trying to cut a brake cable using a bench grinder.. duuuuhh...

Its a Cramp mate (Y)

I got my fingers stuck in a disk sander(a big static one not a portable one) took all of my finger nails off 2 on each hand.

Hope u can still ride with it like that.

A lad at my das school when he was a kid pushed a pipe through a hole in the wall so he could look through to the next classroom. Which, happened to be a design and technology class, and the teacher saw this pipe slowly coming through the wall.

The Teacher picks up a mallet and smacks it really hard. :o>_<

Boy blinded for life. :-

I would rather have one less mole than no eyesight! :D good subconcious aiming.

it was a pretty stupid thing to do though

Kettle. Pot. Black. :P

Edited by Has anyone seen my shoe?