Fun Trial At Keighley

robster

I will propably go to some comps in the summer when ive got more experiance on my bike (Had alot of time off :P) And when the conditions are alot more stable...

The Venue and the conditions did get me down abit and i got alittle frustrated and then i gave up... I just couldnt be othered anymore!

It has dented my thoughts on what comps would be like... But i'll be back in the sumer tying again :)

Well i hope...

Craig...

P.S. It was propably due to lack of Comp/Natural knowlege that let it down for me... And my riding ability has plumited due to no riding! I'll be back someday... Just wait and see ^_^

that post at the start has made me furious! not gonna rant though cos most people have said what i wanna say but theres nothing at all constructive about what you posted. you just said everything was crap, you try and find a venue this time of year that won't be wet or muddy. i reckon it was a well good laugh! i had a sh!te bike for the day and finished quite well! grrr. yeah anyway.. steam gone.. thanks to everyone who organised and observed, good to see people and put names on here to faces aswell and i think the best observer award had to go to kenny! and best shoe award goes to cap! hahaha. i've got a picture of the guy whose bike fell in the blue lagoon too but i'm in uni now so will have to post it later.

awesome day and lookin forward to the next one!

edit: just read your last post not having a big go but you know

Edited by mafu26

yesterday was a fun trial and people should of gone to have fun if you didnt you went with the wrong attitude it wasnt about winning or coming in a high place it was to get you back or into comps.

yes it was muddy and maybe people found it a little cold but if you was having a good time like i was it wouldnt of botherd you.

i thought it was a awsome trial propably the most fun ive had at one i wasnt botherd about the mud i just got on with it and had a laugh.

what an ace comp!!

I REALLY apreciate everyones help to get it done, you put in so much effort, for other people enjoyment...it really means a lot to me.

I loved the venue, loads of lines and even has a FULL PIPE!!! oh how I had fun in there

I hadnt ridden natural for 9 weeks and I hadnt ridden natural on my ashton at all...so I am pretty happy with 3rd in elite. cleaned 5 sections in a row (including section 7 and 9!) I was very chuffed with that.

The water section scared me....you couldnt tell how deep it was (luckily Dave showed us when he dropped into it....top man!! )

Its a shame you didnt like it geez....but to me thats what trials is...lots of mud, rocks and a hell lot of fun....I wouldnt ride if I only did street. I did however have my super spikey mud tyre on, so I didnt have any problems with grip untill I got onto the rocks :P

That dam gap at the end though, it nackered my rim, I didnt want to do it again incase it made it worse....sorry guys :(

Cant wait till the next comp

Sorry wasnt me... I didnt even get to ride Section 9!! So please dont call me a f**king twat unless you have your facts correct! Plus im entitled to my appinyon arnt I, just like everyone else?!

Now i would apriciate it if you apologise to me!!

Craig

im not going to appologise to someone whos put such a negative post on the forum thats just rude.

you have just thrown all the hard work, time and effort that everyone put in and thrown it back in their faces.

if you didnt like it then dont even bother coming to any of this year event's because as far as i am conceared you wont be welcome.

yeah im sorry i got you mixed up with some one else but im not changing my opinion of you based upon your previous post.

in my books your still a TWAT!!!!

cheers guys

Bucky

Yeh cos i didnt thank anyone at ALL did I... Tut...

Im not going to stoop to YOUR level and resort to name calling...! There is just no need for it at all...

Craig

Yes you did thank people and well done but theres still no need to put such a negative post about what was supposed to be a FUN TRIAL.

Just out of interest what route did you ride???

If you hadnt been ridng for a while, was the route you chose a bit hard?

Bucky

edit: was it you going round with biff???

just looked at your profile pic.

Edited by Bucky

what an ace comp!!

I REALLY apreciate everyones help to get it done, you put in so much effort, for other people enjoyment...it really means a lot to me.

I loved the venue, loads of lines and even has a FULL PIPE!!! oh how I had fun in there

I hadnt ridden natural for 9 weeks and I hadnt ridden natural on my ashton at all...so I am pretty happy with 3rd in elite. cleaned 5 sections in a row (including section 7 and 9!) I was very chuffed with that.

The water section scared me....you couldnt tell how deep it was (luckily Dave showed us when he dropped into it....top man!! )

Its a shame you didnt like it geez....but to me thats what trials is...lots of mud, rocks and a hell lot of fun....I wouldnt ride if I only did street. I did however have my super spikey mud tyre on, so I didnt have any problems with grip untill I got onto the rocks :P

That dam gap at the end though, it nackered my rim, I didnt want to do it again incase it made it worse....sorry guys :(

Cant wait till the next comp

Didnt want to do it again MAN I DONT BLAME YOU ! When you were up there the thought of you doing it was enough and actually doing it fair dues ! (Y) For the conditions amazing ! And when you did the other gap actually whilst in the comp ! Top rider ! Only worry is you've enspired will to do it now :(:( I got a bad feelin about that one even though he's a top geezer aswell :D

Cant wait until next comp ! Josh.

Yes you did thank people and well done but theres still no need to put such a negative post about what was supposed to be a FUN TRIAL.

Just out of interest what route did you ride???

If you hadnt been ridng for a while, was the route you chose a bit hard?

Bucky

edit: was it you going round with biff???

just looked at your profile pic.

I did intermediate...

Yes i was going round with Biff...

And i did speek to you breifly and you genrally seemed a nice person! But you seem to be swinging my views the other way... Im the kind of person who hates having problems/grudges with other fellow riders.

Craig

Now things are looking up for the club i can see mroe and more people entering and taking home a good experience with them. I certainly enjoyed riding at the new venue and cant wait to go there again. The mud for me was fun and made me try harder, but still i had loads of fun. All the sections were fair for everyone in their classes and for me in the Elite class really enjoyable.

I really hope to see the same faces and the next Trial and if u can bring your friends too. Don't know whether its worth mentioning but when i was riding round i could hear alot of casual swearing in front of parents and children. Alot of people don't appreciate it my dad being one of them so please just as consideration for others can u keep swearing to a minimum or to yourself. I know alot of the children look up to riders in higher classes than them as they look for help, motivation and a purpose to ride biketrials.

Children are the generation of our sport.

Chris

I did intermediate...

Yes i was going round with Biff...

And i did speek to you breifly and you genrally seemed a nice person! But you seem to be swinging my views the other way... Im the kind of person who hates having problems/grudges with other fellow riders.

Craig

right then my previous statement was true about section 9.

yeah i did seem a nice person to you because i wasnt getting up tight and complaining about it.

Bucky

right then my previous statement was true about section 9.

yeah i did seem a nice person to you because i wasnt getting up tight and complaining about it.

Bucky

Section 9...?

The one with thr front hook? The one that NOT ONE person riding intermediate did?! well that was according to the observer!

And ive just read your post where it says,

"you got to the first rock in inter section 9 and waited the whole two minutes then just said 'ohh no its too hard' i just thought ffs mate you didnt even give it a chance you could have at least dabbed up it.

it looked to me liek you were puttign no effort in and didnt have any enthusiasm at all."

How could i have dabbed that! Wayne showed someone how to ATTEMT to dab it and when they did they fell and smashed there shin!

Also that rock perticual part of the section was HARF WAY THOUGH! And i also had 1:10 left in the section :S So what are you on about?!

also Biff and TWO other riders didnt even attempt it befor me and also stated as I did " Its to hard for Inter "

I found the Inter level decent it was just the Slippynes and boggness of the Venue that troubled me..

And also the person who chose that line fell of himself!!

Craig

Edited by Echo_Scotty

Section 9...?

The one with thr front hook? The one that NOT ONE person riding intermediate did?! well that was according to the observer!

And ive just read your post where it says,

"you got to the first rock in inter section 9 and waited the whole two minutes then just said 'ohh no its too hard' i just thought ffs mate you didnt even give it a chance you could have at least dabbed up it.

it looked to me liek you were puttign no effort in and didnt have any enthusiasm at all."

How could i have dabbed that! Wayne showed someone how to ATTEMT to dab it and when they did they fell and smashed there shin!

also Biff and TWO other riders didnt even attempt it befor me and also stated as I did " Its to hard for Inter "

I found the Inter level decent it was just the Slippynes and boggness of the Venue that troubled me..

And also the person who chose that line fell of himself!!

Craig

f**k off that rock was tiny and there was enough solid ground in front of it to take off from.

f**k off that rock was tiny and there was enough solid ground in front of it to take off from.

WHAT!! It was like 4" above my bar!! :S

Solid ground YES! But solid ground with pot holes in is adifferent story!

Yes maybe for YOU it would have been easy! But im not as an acomplised rider like you know am I!!

Craig

well i guess someone didnt like the trial then eh Craig?

Put it this way at least you managed to go. i would have gladly swapped places with you seen as i was sat at work

All in all it sounds like it was a good day. Shame i missed it really

Hopefully be able to attend some of the future ones but not too sure about riding, more likley observing if needed (Y)

Well done to all who competed, even if they did find it too hard, and hope to see some of you at the next trial

If your talking about the rock on section 9 inter, I actually couldnt believe that was in inter.

It was quite big, thin, and the top was on an angle aswell as the front, and with the rock being really slippery I thought it was very hard, ye you could have dabbed around it VERY easilly without even going on the rock, but thats not the point, Tom welsh boy I was with was totally shocked haha.

But it was the same for everybody so in the end doesn't really matter.

Phil.

Now things are looking up for the club i can see mroe and more people entering and taking home a good experience with them. I certainly enjoyed riding at the new venue and cant wait to go there again. The mud for me was fun and made me try harder, but still i had loads of fun. All the sections were fair for everyone in their classes and for me in the Elite class really enjoyable.

I really hope to see the same faces and the next Trial and if u can bring your friends too. Don't know whether its worth mentioning but when i was riding round i could hear alot of casual swearing in front of parents and children. Alot of people don't appreciate it my dad being one of them so please just as consideration for others can u keep swearing to a minimum or to yourself. I know alot of the children look up to riders in higher classes than them as they look for help, motivation and a purpose to ride biketrials.

Chris

well said Chris, Robbie is only 8 years old and even he said that people swear too much !!!!!!!!!. come on lads little ones like Robbie look up to you as super human cartoon heroes, teach em to ride like you NOT swear and curse like you remember MANNERS MAKETH THE MAN !!!!!!

unfortunately i could not make the trial at the weekend, i have no frame at the moment, so i rode a motorbike trial instead. Wish i was there cos it sounds like it was a good trial, even if it was muddy. I totally agree with Chris about the swearing. There are many young riders who look to riders in the higher classes and they should not expect to hear bad language.

I hope you all come to the first tyke trial round and make it a good competition, think i'll stay in expert for now as i havnt ridden natural in a couple of months.

26th of feb is the next trial i believe, so i hope to see you all there, Anyone know where i can obtain an entry form?

Cheers, Andrew

Chris

i'll definatley put my hand up to being one of this lot, i live with a bunch of lads in uni, never have anyone complaining about my language and when i get pissed off (which i always do at comps) i find it extremely difficult to control both my anger and my language. iolo will tell you how bad i was half way through the second lap and how well i managed to control my anger and language but it still isn't anywhere near good enough. i'd like to appologise again to everyone who witnessed my angry side and bad language, thats the side of me i hate and dont like people seeing. i always try to control it and keep it hiden but i've not mastered the art yet.

all i can ask is that people understand that i am trying to control it and cut down my language and angry outbursts, i dont ever like anyone seeing it, especially not the kids and i'm sorry to any children or parents who i may have upset on sunday. as i continue to ride i will try harder and harder to contain my anger and language but i will openly admit at some point i will fail at this, please understand its not casual bad language and i am trying to stop it.

cheers

tom (on the black echo control, LAS and howies piss pot)

Tom welsh boy I was with was totally shocked haha.

damn right i was shocked, it looked impossible at first glance then i found the piss easy way of dabbing round it (for those who saw me do it and then 5 later on in the section).

i'll definatley put my hand up to being one of this lot, i live with a bunch of lads in uni, never have anyone complaining about my language and when i get pissed off (which i always do at comps) i find it extremely difficult to control both my anger and my language. iolo will tell you how bad i was half way through the second lap and how well i managed to control my anger and language but it still isn't anywhere near good enough. i'd like to appologise again to everyone who witnessed my angry side and bad language, thats the side of me i hate and dont like people seeing. i always try to control it and keep it hiden but i've not mastered the art yet.

all i can ask is that people understand that i am trying to control it and cut down my language and angry outbursts, i dont ever like anyone seeing it, especially not the kids and i'm sorry to any children or parents who i may have upset on sunday. as i continue to ride i will try harder and harder to contain my anger and language but i will openly admit at some point i will fail at this, please understand its not casual bad language and i am trying to stop it.

cheers

tom (on the black echo control, LAS and howies piss pot)

damn right i was shocked, it looked impossible at first glance then i found the piss easy way of dabbing round it (for those who saw me do it and then 5 later on in the section).

Well done Tom it takes a bigger man to stand up and be counted. see you at the next one. P.S you had me and my other half in stitches when you got stuck in the mud and said that it was like glue out of the section and like vasalene in the section. see you again, you bring a bit of fun into the trial.

ye top man tom!!!! (Y)

i made a blinking "new years resolution" to stop swearing and it was working until i found my phone was stolen but in the trial i have found that i can keep the swearing down to literally nothing nower days, as at one stage i did swear a bit but it wasnt overly stupid BUT most of all i used to do it under my breath at myself. its when it is heard out loud that it can cause problems.

but what walker has said is top bannana. i shall see you in leeds on thursday night might have a suprise for a few people when im there ;) we will see if he will turn up.

Waynio................................