Fun Trial At Keighley

robster

Thanks to every body who braved the cold and mud today and came to Tyke trails first event of 2006.

I am sure you will agree it is a top venue. Thanks to Babara for organising it and Waynio for finding it and all who helped do the paper work at the start and the finnish. But most of all a HUGE thanks to all who observed be it your first time, or if you are a regular you know who you are.

We hope you had a good day out and that you found the sections challenging but rideable. If any body has any comments on the sections please post them here as we hope to get it right for 2006.

Well done all you youngsters who have never competed before you looked to be having a good time. Keep practicing.

Finally I never saw anybody do it, but Tara has picture proof that I was right when I challenged Waynio to ride the blue lagoon and said it could be done, well done Alistair and Wayne and anyone else who tried it( what a set of idiots you are) :huh: I would put the pictures on for all to see but I have not got a clue how to !!!!!!!!!!.

Thanks again to you all hope to see you at the next one, lets see if we can make 100 riders next time eh (Y)

John Tara and Robbie Peacock.

P>S hope the Oliver family are all well and fit for the next one :sick:

Thanks to every body who braved the cold and mud today and came to Tyke trails first event of 2006.

I am sure you will agree it is a top venue. Thanks to Babara for organising it and Waynio for finding it and all who helped do the paper work at the start and the finnish. But most of all a HUGE thanks to all who observed be it your first time, or if you are a regular you know who you are.

We hope you had a good day out and that you found the sections challenging but rideable. If any body has any comments on the sections please post them here as we hope to get it right for 2006.

Well done all you youngsters who have never competed before you looked to be having a good time. Keep practicing.

Finally I never saw anybody do it, but Tara has picture proof that I was right when I challenged Waynio to ride the blue lagoon and said it could be done, well done Alistair and Wayne and anyone else who tried it( what a set of idiots you are) :huh: I would put the pictures on for all to see but I have not got a clue how to !!!!!!!!!!.

Thanks again to you all hope to see you at the next one, lets see if we can make 100 riders next time eh (Y)

John Tara and Robbie Peacock.

P>S hope the Oliver family are all well and fit for the next one :sick:

The weather was sooo f**king cold it was CRAP! The lines were stupidly massive and warming up was impossible! You just got to cold to concentrate!

There was soooo much bloody mud it was impossable to get traction!! The rocks were sooo slippy with water and mud that NOBODYS tyer would grip! Your rings just got plastered in SHIT and water that it was so hard to get the bike on the back wheel without going on your arse!!

The sections were OK but with the added sloppy mud and water thrown on top it was HORRIBLE! The run ups to the sections were so sloppy and they also had groves in multipul places that your tyer just span and spat slabba dash at you!

I thought the venue was utter PANTS! It was was soo dangerous to ride and was WAY to muddy that it was almost unbareable!!

This was my first comp and know ive got a taste of how long the waiting lines are, How muddy the venues are, How cold you get, And how much hassel it is finding the venues!!

That comp was the worst Trials experiance ive ever had...

All in all a utter WANK day in my eyes (Y)

Craig..

P.S. Hats off to Wayne and Barbra for sorting it out though...

The weather was sooo f**king cold it was CRAP! The lines were stupidly massive and warming up was impossible! You just got to cold to concentrate!

There was soooo much bloody mud it was impossable to get traction!! The rocks were sooo slippy with water and mud that NOBODYS tyer would grip! Your rings just got plastered in SHIT and water that it was so hard to get the bike on the back wheel without going on your arse!!

The sections were OK but with the added sloppy mud and water thrown on top it was HORRIBLE! The run ups to the sections were so sloppy and they also had groves in multipul places that your tyer just span and spat slabba dash at you!

I thought the venue was utter PANTS! It was was soo dangerous to ride and was WAY to muddy that it was almost unbareable!!

This was my first comp and know ive got a taste of how long the waiting lines are, How muddy the venues are, How cold you get, And how much hassel it is finding the venues!!

Craig..

bit harsh no? i wasnt there but could you not have listed some good points?

Craig..

Chill out a bit mate. it was a fun trial. who cares if it was muddy,was still fun.

and if you dont like mud dont go back cowm(although i think its great)

the venue was great i thought, i wana ride there sooo bad in the dry. does anyone know if we are allowed to go ride there when not doing a comp? i only live down the road

Would have if I had some (Y)

Craig

Great atmosphere is definatly one of them. i thought it was one of the most fun comps ive been to and i been to two years of tyketrials. its not all about the results, its bout going out with like minded people and having a good laugh. thats what club trials is all about

Yes riding it in the dry sounds awsome! I didnt think it was that cold at all :blink: But muddy it was ! :P Still met a few new riders and it was a "fun" trial and I enjoyed it. Cant wait until comps in the summer :D And thanks to all the organisers and observers ;) Ali C............ oh my god section one gap from huge high thing down onto I dont know what :o:O will be a memory forever. Josh (Y)

Chill out a bit mate. it was a fun trial. who cares if it was muddy,was still fun.

and if you dont like mud dont go back cowm(although i think its great)

the venue was great i thought, i wana ride there sooo bad in the dry. does anyone know if we are allowed to go ride there when not doing a comp? i only live down the road

Great atmosphere is definatly one of them. i thought it was one of the most fun comps ive been to and i been to two years of tyketrials. its not all about the results, its bout going out with like minded people and having a good laugh. thats what club trials is all about

I hated every other moment being there (Y) It was stupid how dangerous the sections got!! And how crap the venus floor was!!

Yeh the atmosphere was well good, Meeting new people and watching riding etc...

Waynio seems a propa top bloke... as does Fatmike (Even though hes skinny :huh: ) Gaz M and little deaonn (Sorry if i spelt that wrong dude!) Also Matt on the 24" and his mate on the Pitbull wo koo, geezers (Y) dent speak to may people though... But was fun seeing them ride...

Craig

Yes riding it in the dry sounds awsome! I didnt think it was that cold at all :blink: But muddy it was ! :P Still met a few new riders and it was a "fun" trial and I enjoyed it. Cant wait until comps in the summer :D And thanks to all the organisers and observers ;)Ali C............ oh my god section one gap from huge high thing down onto I dont know what :o:O will be a memory forever. Josh (Y)

yeh and he wunt do it again so i could film it :angry:lol

gawwwd, i cant wait to go there when its dry and sunny and brakes work :P

it'll be BEAST! because its an ace venue :D

i promise that i will try that gap that Ali C did if its dry/my brakes work, just for you Josh :P (although it'll probarbly hurt :P )

p.s. does anyone know if its allowed to just go there and ride? will we get kicked off?

ta

Will

gawwwd, i cant wait to go there when its dry and sunny and brakes work :P

it'll be BEAST! because its an ace venue :D

i promise that i will try that gap that Ali C did if its dry/my brakes work, just for you Josh :P (although it'll probarbly hurt :P )

p.s. does anyone know if its allowed to just go there and ride? will we get kicked off?

ta

Will

Yes u'll get kicked off as you need the land owners consent to ride on there land.

Craig

nice to see some people enjoyed it for someone who didnt enjoy it and was "Put off" then that was the 1st time there was a trial there, if you found the sections too hard try a different route. dont jump in the deep end. a BIG well done to Louis Morgan (iv spelt it wrong i think louis) but she was riding expert for the first time and got a clean in one of the sections overall the feedback was positive yes there is someone on here that had a problem but it would be nice to know if you were doing a route too hard for yourself?? over indulging WILL put you off.

we didnt know how the sections would ride after people had gone through them but with people riding through the mud and grit dragging it into the sections it did make it a bit harder BUT EVERYONE had the same, it wasnt different for one person and then another.

you lookat the elite scores and the expert and they were quite high but it was due to it being quite slippy and a little bit hard.

Waynio.........................

at least someone has said they didnt like it, in a way but like others have said it was as if he was having THE worst day of his life. look at the state of my bike mate. it was shafted had a wheel that was knakered, yet i still kept my head up and did what i could no point making excuses. was very nice to see a good attendance of nearly 100 people (95 i think i got told) so queing at sections was there BUT you cant complain if theres lads attending trials and riding. its a sport for us all to compete in and have a good time and meet new people

Dave your a star!!!! * doing the water/drop/piss wet through :D(Y)

Waynio.........................

at least someone has said they didnt like it, in a way but like others have said it was as if he was having THE worst day of his life. look at the state of my bike mate. it was shafted had a wheel that was knakered, yet i still kept my head up and did what i could no point making excuses. was very nice to see a good attendance of nearly 100 people (95 i think i got told) so queing at sections was there BUT you cant complain if theres lads attending trials and riding. its a sport for us all to compete in and have a good time and meet new people

Dave your a star!!!! * doing the water/drop/piss wet through :D(Y)

I was only riding Inter, But i suppose 4/5 Months of not riding and a weekend of riding street the previous weekend doesnt help much :P

All im saying is that i didnt enjoy it... But im glad i got the experiance of being at a trial and what its like..

Also my front wheel is mostly dead... If uve think uve sen a wheel with a MASSIVE egg thing wrong :P As you havent seen mine :) Also i snapped 2 spokes, One threaded during a trial, And it just dont know how! :P

AND THIS IS IN MY FRONT WHEEL! And there Mutiny Spokes, not cheep shite...

All in all im glad i got the experiance of riding a comp to find out what its like, an to meet new people... But personally there not for me (Y) I MAY crop up at another in time to see how they have progressed, but not to soon.

Craig

absolutley BRILLIANT!!

yes, there was alot of mud !! impressivly sticky mud it was too,

my bike felt alot heavyer after riding through it, haha

but the sections were brilliant !!

great organising, and i loved the way the venue was just big enough,

so u didnt have to walk miles !

the section at the top of the hill was my fave !! (ginger dan observing)

the elite was soo fun and scary, with an great hook drop down at the end !! :D

also was real good to see people after being away in spain for a few months,

and great to meet new people !!

and was well fun, me and ali C riding inside that huge full pipe steel barrel,, was mint !! haha.

thanks to everyone for section setting and whole organisation !!

(Y)(Y)(Y):rolleyes:

iolo..

Craig..

u f**king twat.

was that u with a blonde hair lad both ridng 20" bikes???

you got to the first rock in inter section 9 and waited the whole two minutes then just said 'ohh no its too hard' i just thought ffs mate you didnt even give it a chance you could have at least dabbed up it.

it looked to me liek you were puttign no effort in and didnt have any enthusiasm at all.

hope not to see you again you prat.

bucky

on a positive note i thoroughly enjoyed the whole day even my gf observing the water section said she enjoyed it.

well done everyone who took part and enjoyed it.

I was only riding Inter, But i suppose 4/5 Months of not riding and a weekend of riding street the previous weekend doesnt help much :P

All im saying is that i didnt enjoy it... But im glad i got the experiance of being at a trial and what its like..

Also my front wheel is mostly dead... If uve think uve sen a wheel with a MASSIVE egg thing wrong :P As you havent seen mine :) Also i snapped 2 spokes, One threaded during a trial, And it just dont know how! :P

AND THIS IS IN MY FRONT WHEEL! And there Mutiny Spokes, not cheep shite...

All in all im glad i got the experiance of riding a comp to find out what its like, an to meet new people... But personally there not for me (Y) I MAY crop up at another in time to see how they have progressed, but not to soon.

Craig

fail to prepare, prepare to fail. see you at the next one eh !!!!! (Y)

u f**king twat.

was that u with a blonde hair lad both ridng 20" bikes???

you got to the first rock in inter section 9 and waited the whole two minutes then just said 'ohh no its too hard' i just thought ffs mate you didnt even give it a chance you could have at least dabbed up it.

it looked to me liek you were puttign no effort in and didnt have any enthusiasm at all.

hope not to see you again you prat.

bucky

on a positive note i thoroughly enjoyed the whole day even my gf observing the water section said she enjoyed it.

well done everyone who took part and enjoyed it.

Sorry wasnt me... I didnt even get to ride Section 9!! So please dont call me a f**king twat unless you have your facts correct! Plus im entitled to my appinyon arnt I, just like everyone else?!

Now i would apriciate it if you apologise to me!!

Craig

It was my first comp. And it was the best trial expierence ive had.

The third rock in section was challenge danny from kendal got it and i seen a lad get up it by using for dabs.

I belive it was a real challenge but how can i complain when u look at it to what the elite riders had to do.

I was surprissed at buckys patients not too be extremly pissed off at how sliply the rock was at the start of section nine he nearly died and laughed with the observer it was abit slippy hehe.

The comp helped me learn about what i needed to learn in my riding e.g. be carefull of where the rear wheel goes. And keep pedaling as mutch as you can.

The one thing that ignored me was mr kenny i belive observing one of the sections i got threw the whole thing with 3 dabs which i was happy with, he barley watched as he was too bussy chatting then when i came to get my punch card back he maked it as five. And shorthly after he tried to take the piss out of my dad for taking a picture, mehhhhhhh indeed <_<

Unlucky to cap for distroying his qr and serouisly bending his rotor and then ripping his sole off his shoe whilst on ginger dans section. :lol:

Big thanks to everyone involved.

Josh b echo team green viz rims

yer was a mint trial really enjoyed it, the weather made it fun as well, but looking forward to the trials in the summer now.

I managed not to get a 5 all day which i don't think anyone else did, should have done elite really but when i walked the sections 1st off they were frosty/icy and slippy as anything.

I thought the sections in elite where a good level for the circumstances, I found the rocks where Slippery as hell but get a bit of mud on them it wasn't as bad but still slippery.

In the end I didn't bother with half of my second lap, and had a much better time off my bike then on my bike.

I didn't even see anybody fall on their backsides on all that mud, I'm quite amazed I didn't too.

As for the venue, it was god the way the cars where so close and all the sections where close together, that does make a change, but it seems as though the motorbikes got to it first and because they can't ride the rocks they just chewed the land up, so it was one big slush of mud, I'd expect it to be brilliant in the summer, I don't mind slippery rocks, but with so much mud, I just couldn't be bothered.

Maybe the venue would have been better off at brimham or addingham, even back cown isn't as muddy as this place, I was there the day before and it wasn't muddy at all, I talked to a few people who said they where happy to be there but just aren't really having a good time because of the venue.

But hopefully it didn't put off too many people from doing trials, as it's not always like that, many of the other venues are better, I'd say leave that quarry till the summer and it will be amazing.

I heard the people who marked the sections had a hard time with the weather, so thanks for that it must have been pretty wet (N) and the observers too, it was organised well, there was some queing but I think because there was a lot of fives the ques went down quite quickly.

Phil.

echo_scotty bucky has gone to college for a week so i dont think he will be able to apologise for his actions til he gets back mate.

to "tipsy jock" i think it was that even though he got 5's all day he said he'll be back. thats what i like to hear, he may not have done WELL but he has turned round and must have enjoyed it in some way and now wants to come back and have a good time and a laugh next time. (Y)

the idea of us asking on here if the sections were too hard is so that we can assess it and see what we can do for you. we wont be able to suit everyones needs cos you cant have a trial that everyone finishes on 0!!! as its then too easy. BUT it still has to incorporate fun and a good time. i couldnt get up the last rock in section 7, but im not going to turn around and spit my dummy out, it was my wrong way and i tried it 2/3 times from different places and just couldnt get to grips with it. i wont turn round and start having a go that section 7 was too hard for me, cos loads of other people got through it. i take each section as it comes to me and approach it in different ways no point thinking something is too slippy or IT WILL be too slippy. all we all want to do is have fun and a good time, and i hope for the people that turn upto the next tykes round that they will enjoy it and have a good time.

Waynio............................

That venue was hard to get and was extremly good considering the conditions and circumstances like most said in the summer half of that stuff would have been easier with it being less slippery. but you cant control the weather. you take it as it comes to you.