My Second Video!

Luke Drewery

Hey guys, this is my second video, all the footage is from this weekend. It was all filmed by me with a tripod and my new camera, quality is 10x better than my last video. All filmed in my local area, street and some natural.

Song is Blur-Coffee and TV

3.28 long, wmv format. Filename is "Luke Drewery Video Two"

Tv.isg.si

Tell me what you think. (Y)

Edited by scunnytrials

To be honest... I thought you was loads better than that. ;)

Good Video though, (Y)

Vid was alot better than your last one, But most of the filming were in all the same spots.

Yeah the spots in Scunthorpe become very limiting, plus it was only a few hours worth of filming while the weather was nice. The spots are all like a mile apart, its so annoying.

Thanks for all the comments guys! Keep them coming. :)(Y)

Better the the last, Editing was no real amazment, And Whats with the random sidehop things, over/onto nothing Bit weird...And some of the angles where abit poor. like on the gaps to front wheel, 180 over that little curb thing, all that was in veiw was your bike, Try and get better angles

But no to shabby, Good riding :)

Tom

Like someone said earlier; depressing. No amazing places. Boring camera angles. Randomly riding into the camera. Looked like half arsed gaps to stuff.

Didnt like it.

Didnt even like the intro.

I tried to make the video chilled out, but if it came across as depressing, fair enough. All of this video was filmed myself, as there are very few riders in the local area. Thats why the angles may not be perfect, as I lined it up on the tripod and it looked right then when I actually did the move it didnt look so good. With this camera (unlike my old one) you have to be really far back even with it zoomed all the way out, and in some areas there is no room to get any further back due to walls or hills etc.

Keep the comments coming. (Y)

I liked it, especially the flicks, and spins, it would have been better if you go somoeone else to film you, otherwise it looks boring, as it's from a low angle, and you always looking up at the bike and rider, the editing was nothing special, but you could have shortened a few clips in order to make it finnish when the music did.

Mike!!!

Cheers guys, comments much appreciated. (Y)

I shall try and get to some different places and maybe get someone to film me next time. I shall also try and include all of what I can do, to make it more varied ie sidehops, ups to front wheel, gaps to front wheel etc etc.

Keep the comments coming. :)

The trials moves are coming along nicely, the video was poor though. I'll try to be constructive rather than insulting :D

Alot of the filming was shot into the sun, so it suffered from terrible lens flare and severe contrast issues (big bright sky and bleached out scene), this also caused weird flicking on the vid for me, I assume its the camera struggling to match contrast with the exclusion of the the rider and bike in the scene.

The editing was a little poor, too much "nothing" going on between action in the scenes (bike rolling towards camera and a wait)

Poor framing, your head, or parts of the bike are out of the frame for most of the video.

Do actually like the song, but it doesn't convey any sense of action of presence, just a bit dull with riding.

The trials moves are coming along nicely, the video was poor though. I'll try to be constructive rather than insulting :D

Alot of the filming was shot into the sun, so it suffered from terrible lens flare and severe contrast issues (big bright sky and bleached out scene), this also caused weird flicking on the vid for me, I assume its the camera struggling to match contrast with the exclusion of the the rider and bike in the scene.

The editing was a little poor, too much "nothing" going on between action in the scenes (bike rolling towards camera and a wait)

Poor framing, your head, or parts of the bike are out of the frame for most of the video.

Do actually like the song, but it doesn't convey any sense of action of presence, just a bit dull with riding.

Thats very helpful, thanks. (Y)

I was a little disappointed when I noticed my head wouldnt fit in the shot. I couldnt avoid it however as my camera is set so that its zoomed all the way out yet its still doesnt get as much in the shot as my old camera did, and in some areas I cant get any further back without going up/sideways. Glad you all like the riding though, even though I feel these werent the best locations to film, just the ones I could get to.

My only experience of editing/filming before this video has been the past month (give or take a few days) as thats the period when I made my first video.so Im still new to it. That why I ask for comments, so I know whats good/whats crap. (Y)

The comments so far have been excellent, cheers to everyone. More are welcome. (Y)

nice video,

was surprisingly relaxing,

i suggest you come to cleethorpes and film a few shots ;)

:D

cheers for sharing that with us,

bill ^_^

Cheers Billy, I intend to do some filming at Cleethorpes in the half-term holidays. :)

Glad you liked it. (Y) Next time I wont use such a slow song, then it wont be as depressing/relaxing lol. :rolleyes: