Biu Or Uci?

Revell-Bikes

hey all,

just wondering why biketrial has TWO championships, BIU and UCI, two different rules, different standard but why not have only one championship? it would have been bigger, better, more coverage.

see what y'all think about this........ two championships or one?

Pat

It happens in virtualy every sport in the world you get a break away bunch who set up their own body. Or you get people sarting their own because they think they can do a better job than the original.

I'm happy with the way it is, just wished people would stop grouping riders! We're all trials riders does it matter how we ride it :huh:

Mat hudson, if biu is less skillful than uci, then how come benito isnt uci and biu world champion?? B)

Good point there, same as Slinger performs better at UCI than BIU, showing that riders like him particulary adapt better at UCI, but BIU has a vast range of riders competing at the worlds than UCI has the top riders competing there. UCI comps are based in one area like livingo, italy in which BIU, in each round is based on selceted different conutries, costing riders money to travel. funnily enough UCI is one large sporting body, it also includes downhill and XC races, raking in more funds to give better sections and higher quality comps.

Pat

apart from in bui you can rest on your bash, pedal and pretty much anything but your bar and body. in uci you have to balance or dab.

you have to remember that using your pedals and bash guard is part of the game in BIU. using these enables you to get over trickier obstacles.

each works out relatively the same to ride, as the sections are "easier" in UCI, but work out just as hard because of the different rules.

sure, riding a BIU section UCI style is harder than riding a UCI section under BIU rules, but thats because the sections are set out according to the different rules and so vary accordingly.

Basically the better riders will be at the top of the competiton in either biu and uci. The better rider usually wins at the end of the day. Im not sure if im explaining what I mean properly.

Take vince, biu world champion and 2nd inn uci. Just because its different rules, he doesnt become rubbish.

you still have to balance when on your pedals and bash ring. i'm a BIU rider but for some reason i'm picking up a more UCI style, just because of the way I like to ride. it's up to you to be honest. BIU is easier so thats why they make the sections harder, so it doesn't really matter. At the end of the dayif you have made a section no dabs, whatever rules, then well played to you (Y)