Pad Wars "plaz Crm" Vs "zoo"

theone2be

Ok i'm stuck between these two pads. There going to be used on a smooth rim with no tar, I was told that the zoo's were good but then I found that some good riders use CRM's so im really undecided.

They need to have good bite and hold well.

So what should i go for?

right i dont know what is peoples problems with zoo pads i run them on a very harsh grinmd and i currently have better wear rate than my friends koxx browns and plaz!!

its down to how well you set them up im into manuals gaps ect and i have a tendency to drag the brake when i do things!

zoo pads are amazing if you can set them up!

koxx browns are immense also

so are plaz funnily enough i have a set of each in front of me !

lol oggy

Yup, go for the zoo's.

They are very soft, as said by the 'Munny Monster' up there, and will last days on a grind. But on a smooth rim the wear rate is vertualy nothing.

I'v never used the plaz's but if people get on ok with them on a ground rim, so i assume they'll be too hard for a smooth rim.

Edited by JT!

I bought the Zoo pads when they were first released from Bikedock, and they lasted me a good couple of months. I ran them on a smooth rim, using minimal tar (only applying it when I really had to) then I ground my rim and they went really loud and grippy. They did wear considerably quicker on a ground rim though, as JT said above. But wear rate is often sacrificed for bite, pads like the koxx browns last forever but you need a really harsh grind for them to work well. (Y)

I had the same dilema - smooth rim and Zoo vs CRMs.

In the end I went for the Zoo pads as I'd heard of more people using them on a smooth rim. I haven't had them long but so far they seem really good. Lots of hold which gives you more confidence in your brake. I can't really comment on the wear rate yet but perfomance so far is brilliant.

When i had zoo pads on a smooth rim i didnt like them, they seemed 'sticky' and also went a weird shape because of the soft compound. They were set up well (Y) . After cleaning your rim they are absolutely amazing though, no slide whatsoever. When it gets a bit dirty after about an hour they begin to slide. I'd recommend plazzies over them, but id also run a grind...nothing beats them

My findings are

Zoos uber soft and worn out on my grind in a day, wet no way will they work

Plaz, worked amazing and nice everthing but wet nope

Heatsink well imprssed with and Uk made so more reason for

Mine, uk made, tried and tested over 3 years, have been used for months on same set of pads now, used in the bath under water and still worked. Says soemthing

Uk is one of the most wetest place out of all the rididng locations that we know of all and any riders of world wide. I've checked man.

Now yeah we get it uber hot now and then but we get uber cold too.

Grease is one factor coming off the bike and you, yes i have known some riders to sweat loads thus making there brakes die.

If a brake runs submurged under water and locks the same way it does as out of the water you won't have any problems with it it in snow, rain, a desset, a hurrican but flying tothe moon and back i duno my pads are not -100c safe i'd say

i didn't say the temperature, the humidity or the location. i'm talking about grit+sand+slush+mud, if you use clean water then i really don't care about how long they have been tested in these conditions. go up into some woods in the winter find a trail full of muddy slush, then go and dump the back wheel in it a few times and tell me the brake works. i double dare you

EDIT: i bet canada's worse in the winter anyways

Edited by ash-kennard

Bet they don;t go to -100. Lithuania is one the most coldest places around -30 currently!! Have some old work collegs out there.

My pads have been in use over 3 years and all weathers and work, end of. In shops soon as i get the blister packs in

So pete what are your pads made for a grind or smooth?

yeah, but thats not what i said, read my post properly, the main point of it was for you to understand that i don't care about weather conditions, i care about proformance in shitty, muddy, sloshy conditions.

stop trying to agrue your pads are amazing when you don't even see my point