!help!

jakk-robbo

hey mate I had the exact same problem.

for now, you can tighten it by sticking a large nail, small allen key or anything similar in one of the small holes in the inside of the freewheel, and pedalling backwards. use the chainstay as a lever to resist the freewheel trying to turn this.

this won't last long though, you'll need to tighten it at least a few times per ride.

for a more permanent solution, get it welded (Y)

last for ages then, tighten it up reall good, and get you'r local garage, or a mate or whatever to put some tacks on it for you with a mig welder.

all the best with it, i went through 6 freewheels before mine was welded, was really pissed off about it

Alun

It is probebly just loose. ACS claws don't usually die that quick. You will find two small holes on the big cover on the back (facing away from you) which says "ACS claw" standing on the drive side of your bike tap them ---> to the right so it will be going around clock wise untill it gets tight. You will need to keep doing this every week or so intil you get it thread locked, welded or buy a ENO :shifty:

EDIT: Grrr beaten to it.

Edited by Jaffacakes

I wouldn't bother welding it, its a bitch if you need to maintain it (clean, oil blah blah). ACS's are awful in my opinion and require 100% attention to make sure you don't die when doing anything.

Get hold of some studlock, threadlock, loctite, whatever you want to call it and slap it on the threads. You may aswell clean it out whilst you're doing this.

Alternitavly, go Profile (or other free hub), less bother but is raaaather expensive if you don't have a good income for parts (see For Sale section).

Thirdly...Eno.

• 1 month later...

:) Hi there!

I have just got a t-pro, and i wasn't aware or the freewheel problem. I am changing the drive system, so that the freewheel is on the back. you can get bashrings that screw onto the crank arm (muscleman) from http://www.supercycles.co.uk/site_details.asp?ProductID=402 that is what iam doing with mine also i am putting a 16 tooth freewheel on the back (acs freewheel) from http://www.supercycles.co.uk/site_details.asp?ProductID=327 the ratio for this is 22:16. but also you will need a new chain. :D

Hope i helped! (Y)

Edited by chocolate_bikes

Hi there

If you are looking for a new freewheel a good choice is an ENO freewheel. I currently run one as well and there immense, They cost around £65-£70 i think. The only problem i have at the moment is that it eats my trousers :lol:Hahaha.

Hope this helps you decide what to do (Y)

Cheers joe :sleeping:

• 1 month later...