New Site

AndyT

The idea behind it was great, but having to scroll down every picture, in that iframe got really annoying. Maybe re-think that.

Other then that, nice one. Shit hot photo's too.

why you are scrolling down every picture?

edit:

640x480 resolution?

Edited by AndrewT

1024x768.

I would never design a site to be bigger at default then that. I don't really like going bigger then 800x600, but with the amount of information i have to put on site's, i go to 1024x768 as the minimum that it can be viewed properly in.

1024x768.

I would never design a site to be bigger at default then that. I don't really like going bigger then 800x600, but with the amount of information i have to put on site's, i go to 1024x768 as the minimum that it can be viewed properly in.

I'm still confused as to why you are scrolling down?

?? What is wrong with that, you click the persons photo to go to the next page :)

but it is very odd that its showing up on the left side, it should be all centered..hmm

im going to have to find firefox, god i hate that program

Edited by AndrewT

It's not instict too though. You see the photo navigation, click a picture, then it's gone, so you automatically scroll down to see it again. I didn't know you could click the image to go forward.

I wouldn't leave what certain functions of your site do, to guess work. As if i saw that, i wouldn't want to click incase it takes me elsewhere, like backwards, or to a site about the guy in the picture, or what ever.

For instance, on v3, the navigation is actually hidden, and you used to have to click the name of the site that was in the top right. It turned out that no one actually noticed this was a link, as people just assumed it was the banner. Even with it clearly written with "[expand menu]", people still seem to not find it.

Usability sucks, but has to be address every now and then. :(

Im running 1280x1024 and even maximised on my screen i have a both verticle and horizontal scrollbars.

Im not quite sure why theres a horizontal one though.

that is an issue with IE and CSS and frames...no other way around it, you can see the whole picture though right? I run less than that resolution.

yeah to each their own opinion, IMO everything should be black and white :)

I honestly can't believe you guys run that resolution, its ok...I could fix it fast, but I'm not sure I want to compromise the look in a decent resolution...later photos will be shrunken down for sure for 1024. Did too much resizing yesterday haha

holy horrible

firefox it looks completely different. f**k i hate this program so much.

that is an issue with IE and CSS and frames...no other way around it, you can see the whole picture though right? I run less than that resolution.

Bash this in the head section of your frames page see if it stops it.

<style type="text/css">
html {
    overflow-x: hidden;
    overflow-y: auto;
}
</style>[/code]

oh and I'm redoing the navigation too :blink:

mines fine in FF, i don't have to scroll down at all, and i don't have a horizontal scroll bar.

why is everyone suddenly running low res?

seriously, i switched to 1024x768 and it looked like a funny old computer screen for 90+ year olds to read.

Without looking at the source, i'd have a guess at your using <p> tags. Firefox handles the margins correctly, IE not.

If you're not using <p>, i'll have a look at source.

Also, 1024x768 is pretty much standard, so i would cancel out the usablity of your site in it just because you believe it's old and out dated, when it infact is far from it.

Without looking at the source, i'd have a guess at your using <p> tags. Firefox handles the margins correctly, IE not.

If you're not using <p>, i'll have a look at source.

Also, 1024x768 is pretty much standard, so i would cancel out the usablity of your site in it just because you believe it's old and out dated, when it infact is far from it.

haha yeah I was taking out the p tags before I came back to refresh this. Honestlly though how do people run that resolution? I have small monitor to :o

Im running a 15" tft at uni, as i can't afford a bigger screen now. and its native res is 1024x768. im just used to it now, as my laptop is the same.

Many many computers still run 15" moniters and 1024x768. i know almost all of the public computers in my uni are, except the ones in dedicated enginnering rooms or art rooms, that run CAD and photoshop and stuff.

if you want to design for bigger, then have an option at the home page- a version of the site for 1024, and a version for larger. having to scroll up and down the picture is really anoying.

Im running a 15" tft at uni, as i can't afford a bigger screen now. and its native res is 1024x768. im just used to it now, as my laptop is the same.

Many many computers still run 15" moniters and 1024x768. i know almost all of the public computers in my uni are, except the ones in dedicated enginnering rooms or art rooms, that run CAD and photoshop and stuff.

if you want to design for bigger, then have an option at the home page- a version of the site for 1024, and a version for larger. having to scroll up and down the picture is really anoying.

yeah that is bad. I guess its just the US, I don't even think you could find a 15" monitor to buy in stores...I certainly don't know anyone whos owned one since the 90's.

anyways almost half way done re-doing it for you smaller guys :) unfortunately i bet at 1600 res the pics will look like little dots.

also seems that no americans have problems, and euro/UK folks are having the scrolling issue..I guess alot of different sized sized screens out there. anyways, check out the sarah portraits now- new style! works the same in firefox and IE and 1024/768

thanks a ton for the feedback guys, will have it all sorted soon.....still learning this web sillyness :)