New Site

AndyT

Still have to scroll vertically here Andy. Done Ctrl F5 btw. (Y)

where at? Everything is fine here at 1024x768 in IE and firefox...i love how firefox doesn't automatically refresh pages like IE does :ugh:

edit: if you aren't seeing the thumbnails at the right ofthe picture (not below) then something is wrong on your end.

Edited by AndrewT

It works perfect for me and i have to say its probably the only site ive ever been through every page and seen every picture, they are all damn awesome. Especially the pic of the guy bailing fron the front tap on the rock (i think thats what he was trying anyway) it captured the moment so well!.

oh yea and im running 1680*1050 with firefox

Edited by Spacemunkee

What res you running andrew?

I run a little higher than 1024x768, but to test it I went back to 1024 just to check....

cheers spacemunkee- yeah he ate it hard falling on that rock :)

edit: 3:15 am!! time for bed!

Edited by AndrewT

Sorry Andy, but it just leaves me a little cold. I like the clean, minimalist layout, though I would have enjoyed a bit of commentary on each shot A lot of the shots I would say were mis-framed, or lacking an impact. An ordinary photo in black and white, is still an ordinary photo.

On the whole, they're good, just not great. It lacks the impact of something like Urban Exposure, but then I think that style of photography is a lot of photography for photography's sake.

Sorry Andy, but it just leaves me a little cold. I like the clean, minimalist layout, though I would have enjoyed a bit of commentary on each shot A lot of the shots I would say were mis-framed, or lacking an impact. An ordinary photo in black and white, is still an ordinary photo.

On the whole, they're good, just not great. It lacks the impact of something like Urban Exposure, but then I think that style of photography is a lot of photography for photography's sake.

thats fine, your opinion :) I don't particularly like that urban exposure site, especially because you have to scroll to see the pictures :-:lol::lol: . I've only had a camera for 6 weeks, I'm still learning...

edit: and I think some of my NYC shots (mainly the old couple) are on par with some of the street photography in that site....once I move to a larger city I'll have much more to work with.

Edited by AndrewT

6 weeks and you are taking photo's of that quality? Awesome.

Much better with the picture's on the right too, nice one.

Only thing i can suggest now is stating somewhere that if you click on the image, it take's you to the next one, as it isn't immediatly obvious.

6 weeks and you are taking photo's of that quality? Awesome.

Much better with the picture's on the right too, nice one.

Only thing i can suggest now is stating somewhere that if you click on the image, it take's you to the next one, as it isn't immediatly obvious.

cheers! glad its to your liking now :) I will be putting some "click for next" jazz on there at some point, probably when my next set goes up :)

Just a thought...

Wouldn't the srolling issue depend on what's on thw browser?

Like, toolbars etc? :ermm:

Also, I'm using Firefox, 1024res, and have the tab bar on the browser too, and I have to scroll on EVERY page. :huh:

yeah, the pics are as small as they are going to get :) tabs take up alot of room and are another reason why I hate firefox for browsing...

tabs take up alot of room and are another reason why I hate firefox for browsing...

My firefox view area is the exact same as my internet explorer one. Given, now it isn't as i've just got the web developer extension, which is another tool bar, but before, it was the exact same.

You'll hate IE 7 then. ;)

My firefox view area is the exact same as my internet explorer one. Given, now it isn't as i've just got the web developer extension, which is another tool bar, but before, it was the exact same.

You'll hate IE 7 then. ;)

so I've heard :) I'll probably go to mozilla or something...it is the fastest after all :o

thats fine, your opinion :) I don't particularly like that urban exposure site, especially because you have to scroll to see the pictures :-:lol::lol: . I've only had a camera for 6 weeks, I'm still learning...

edit: and I think some of my NYC shots (mainly the old couple) are on par with some of the street photography in that site....once I move to a larger city I'll have much more to work with.

I'm not keen on that style of photography generally, and I think the Urban Exposure site is just an example of that style. I don't get the 'lifestyle' MTB shots where heads are missing or the framing is crazy, but just my opinion :-)

I'm not keen on that style of photography generally, and I think the Urban Exposure site is just an example of that style. I don't get the 'lifestyle' MTB shots where heads are missing or the framing is crazy, but just my opinion :-)

yep- I can't stand center framing, I can't stand nature shots or shots of birds, and I especially absolutely barf whenever I see a macro :)

edit : do you have al ink to some of your work?

Edited by AndrewT