Hope Pro2 T Anyone Got One Yet?

scott-mad

Received mine today; still to fit the singlespeed kit on it tonight, then on to the bike tomorrow night after work. Haven't ridden it as of yet. Nice and red :D

IPB Image

IPB Image

Huge thanks to TartyBikes for the amazing service. Can't wait to fit it!

fred, is that BMX spacing?

Where you get the BMX spacing from :S i want one of these hubs hehe, but i ride mod so would have to get the BMX spacing (if fred has it)

Its not BMX spacing.

Fred will at some point be ditching the Curtis and replacing it with something that has mtb spaced dropouts...

First pro 2 in a 24?

Nope, I've had one for a couple of months*

*(On the front :P )

Its not BMX spacing.

Fred will at some point be ditching the Curtis and replacing it with something that has mtb spaced dropouts...

And is made out of Ti. That's what I heard anyways. I'm very jealous actually, can't wait for pics :)

It'd probably make sense to make it out of alu, just for money reasons. Seeing as a lot of people are trying to almost get into 24" on a budget, a £699 (or however much the stock sorta frame is) ti 24" frame's not going to appeal to a massive amount of riders?

People are asuming its gonna be Ti like the other frames, however I have also heard others say its going to be Alu. I would just wait until the final thing is built up...

Oh right, I thought Triton = Ti. I just remember Luke saying a while ago that he could do a ti 24" frame if anyone was interested. But yeah, Alu frames are certainly more practical :)

Think BMX race frame, simple clean lines.

Hmm, not too sure there are that many 'clean', 'simple' BMX race frames out, but hey - there we go. By "Simple, clean lines", do you basically mean it's going to look exactly the same as the Curtis, Leeson and ET24 frames did/do?

Oh right, I thought Triton = Ti. I just remember Luke saying a while ago that he could do a ti 24" frame if anyone was interested. But yeah, Alu frames are certainly more practical :)

Apparently there making all of their current models in ALu aswell as ti...

Hmm, not too sure there are that many 'clean', 'simple' BMX race frames out, but hey - there we go. By "Simple, clean lines", do you basically mean it's going to look exactly the same as the Curtis, Leeson and ET24 frames did/do?

Kind of, no gash CNC bits :P Minimal gussets.

Fitted the wheel tonight just to get my HS33's alrigned properly with the rim; haven't ordered any rim tape, so I don't want to ride it without. Also, I'm missing spacers from my SS kit due to me being a fudd, so I need to scrounge more from somewhere... anyway, here's some test shots.

IPB Image

Side view there, looking rather red.

IPB Image

I'll need to fiddle around with the HS33 mounts as well. One side is actually rubbing against the rim so a further tinkering session is required.

Here's a shot of the hub itself. looking pretty manky considering I've never ridden it!

IPB Image

Holy Glory Shots, Batman:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Too dark to fanny around any more, so... yeah. And I know the chain etc. is all wonky!

Edited by NeillyB

For rimtape, just go and buy 3 rolls on electrical tape from your local...erm..."hardware store"? That's what I used on my rims before I picked up some big 'n' burly tape from the Koxx stand at Bike '05. But yeah, you can use that :)

Word to Matt. Just trim a bit off the pads. I've had to do it before, no biggie. Alternatively, if those are Plaz CRMs on there, just grind the rim and drag the brake a little. Initially, Plaz's's's''s's's'z''ss'z's'z's always wear crazy-fast, then get their shit together and don't wear at all, ever. So it'll sort itself out ;)