Vw's On The Trials Forum

nmt_oli

Got the Scirocco last night. Liking it LOTS.

Spec so far is:

Scirocco Scala carb, 16" TSWs, grooved and drilled front discs, remote break servo, Bilstein 40mm springs and shocks, webber carb, some sort of aftermarket exhaust, some sort of aftermarket steering wheel.

Plans for the future are:

Some sort of 15" wheels, polo coupe S steering wheel, electronic ignition, Smaller twin tail pipes, 285mm rover front discs, mk4 golf rear callipers on mk2 disc set up then eventually a crossflow head (need to look into compatibility) and bike carbs.

Pics:

Image065.jpg

Image066.jpg

mygolfedit.jpg

Can't remember what I have an haven't posted. We have taken the engine out, and it is going in for a few bits and bobs next week I THINK, then once the engine is sweet, and it has MOT etc, then I will de-chav it! I can't wait! Going to be a little different from my focus diesel estate I think!

Edited by minitrialer

Woo. If I'm right in thinking a camshaft out of a 1.6 mk1 golf GTI engine will go straight in my 1.8 scirocco, then I've just sorted out a kent for 50 quid off a mate localy. Pretty sure it should be ok, kent list the same part number for the 2 cars.

Also should be sorting out electronic ignition at the weekend.

Yeah, in theory they are the same, but it doesn't stop me being paranoid until its actually offered up and bolted in.

I know what it'll do to the idle, and who cares to be honest. haha, theres nothing nicer sounding than a nice engine on carbs with a nice lumpy idle. Ask anyone into minis and they'll confirm (Y) I do quite a few miles, but its mostly A-roads, as i live on the outskirts of one town, and work on the closest outskirts of another, so it doesn't really bother me.

The same guy I'm getting the cam off has just acquired a G60 lump with a blown charger which he's thinking of turboing and sticking in his mk1, I was very tempted buy his old engine (2.1l audi bubble block on a TSR head, last RR'ded at 155bhp with a 1.9l bottom end, estimated 170ish atm), but apparently he's gunna be taking a good year or 2 to re-build the G, so I'll have to wait and see.

PS, as far as I'm aware the mk2 golf GTI uses the same cam as your car (assuming its injection), they're practically the same engine. Both 113bhp if I remember right.

Edited by RobinJI

Playing around with cams can sometimes make a hash of the idle, be aware :P

Been on Scirocco Register yet? Some very useful info on the forum there. * I've seen you have, ignore :P *

If it's the same part number, wont that mean it's the same 'part' meaning there wont be any difference at all..The cams from a 1.8 Mk2 Golf GTI fit as well B) (so I'm told)

duno about that, as far as im aware the rocco and mk1 have solid tappets, and the mk2 has hydraulic

duno about that, as far as im aware the rocco and mk1 have solid tappets, and the mk2 has hydraulic

Nah, the solid/hydraulic tappets happend mid production for both the mk1 golf and the mk2 scirocco I think. I'm aslo fairly sure the cam shaft doesnt vary between the solid and hydraulic heads.

Yep

£200 for the coilovers, £15 for the postage, sorted. I would recomend them too. I had a set on my golf and when I raised it a little the ride was actualy really nice, the only reason it wasnt nice in the first place is because they were set to a 120mm drop :$ , but yeah, they seemed really good to me.

Haha, hell yeah. My rocco, polo and golf have all had the same smell somehow, I bought them all with a different air freshner hanging in each, and for different parts of the country, but somehow an old VW just smells like an old VW (Y)

surely thats just an audi 100/possible early A6 2.8E? It's got some sort of s badge though, so perhaps it's an old S4 avant with 2.8 badge.....

Thats S4 before the A4 existed though.....

Your SOOOO close. It's an Audi 80 with the 2.6 V6, Quattro and LOCKING DIFF ! with the FULL sports package. Sports interior, exterior trim, sports exhaust manifold system, S cams, Bilstein suspension and Vented discs all round :o ! When it was new it cost £400 less than an RS2 !

When i find the handbook in the morning i'll photo all of the Audi upgrade codes off the front cover to prove it. Because it is unbelievable !

*It was a dealer specific option, and was endorsed as an "S car" but nobody baught them because they could buy an RS2 for the same money !

Edited by ✠Pashley26✠

I know what you mean about the rear being a touch too high. May need some arch work to go lower (ill keep lowering it until she rubs)

Im afraid to say its only a mere 1.8 16v

Ye, but if it aint rubbin' you aint dubbin'.

Haha, naa still looks sweet matey! The 1.8's are pretty quick anyway.

Is it your daily car?

Owen