Banned From Trials

JAMY

This is me on my pride and joy, I used to absolutely love trials, but then came the full time job and the girlfriend, and as some of you well know, seriously cuts down the amount of riding time!

I've been out of trials for about 4-5 years but i still went out on occasions with my brother gaz, still attempting crazy things, here is a pic of me 'getting back into it'.

IPB Image

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to ride trials again.while I was kicking over my motocross bike without boots on,(this was a 500cc 2 stroke) . It gave a serious kick back which resulted in a broken ankle. I was in plaster for a month and off work for two.

They think it will take 2 years to heal but I have lost the side to side movement and was very lucky that the bone didn't die. If it breaks again I could be a cripple.

Therefore, I hope you all enjoy your riding, make the most of it because one day something might take it away from you.

Guess I will be camera man for my bro.

IPB Image

Thanks for your time.

Dave.

hey,

really sorry to hear about that and i am going to make the most of my riding now.

thanks you have opened my eyes into enjoying what i have now instead of waiting as i may not be able to do trials later in life so i am going to now try everything i have previsly never tryed before

cheers

thanks and you both have very nice bikes (Y)

jaf :deej:

How did you manage that rail gap on that appauling bike?but sorry to hear the news you must be going crazy knowing you cant ever try anything again

twat

thats the old ashton trials frame, feckin ace old school bikes

just cos it isnt long, low and silver, doesnt mean you cant ride it like a beast-thats the kinda thing the older riders had to 'cope' with-i personally think thats how a trials bike should pretty much look, i dont really dig the gayness of most of the frames out now

also the fact hes on what is considered a restrictive bike nowadays, means hes was pretty good

anyway, shame to hear about you injury, its not just trials it affects though, must be quite annoying in general havin the lack of mobility you used to have, hell it was bad enough for me taking a few years out cos of my back after a fall on my scrambler :(

nice to see the support you are giving your brother, would be a shame to see the passion for biking to die just cos you cant ride anymore, at least you can give help and get some cool snaps/footage

My dad had a honda 500 back in the day and i remember his mate trying too kick it over with trainers on and at first he couldnt even kick and then when he did it kicked back...Doh >_< Thats why i'll always stick with a 125 or a 250 four banger ^_^ Sorry to hear the bad news mate (N) hears to a speedy recovery :cheers:

That sucks dude, being a photographer isn't as fun but its still real cool, hope you get better soon and are you planning to sell your bike? i would love to see what something like that could sell for nowdays.

Nick

Edited by stiffnips

Auto Reply

The topic starter has been validated. Moving topic from New Members Chat to Trials Chat.

Have you tried for a second opinion? Alternatively, tried looking for ankle braces? There are some out there, so you never know...

Good luck with it though dude, I hope you find some way back into the sport anyway.

appauling bike ! hang your head in shame boy

thats the beast of the east!

I don't think it is the beast of the east. I forget exactly what Cannondale named them, but I'm pretty sure the beast of the east was different to that. I don't think Ashton ever rode one of those frames either. They're pretty random frames - no standover and long chainstays, but they still rode OK.

Anyway, hope your ankle gets better (Y)

that was the ashton signiture model was weird because the frame size was about 4" higher than the one ashton rode :S and before that he rode a F700 or F900 which was the headshock one.

anyone cool pics and i hope you get better soon and still stay involved somehow in trials :)

Mike

Yeh the one ashton rode and the one they sold as the replica of his were differant bike altogether, there's no doubting that. At the time though, Deng was still using stabilisers so the cannondale was pretty much one of the best 'trials' frames about. I know if someone offered me that cannondale or a pitbull, i'd take the cannondale straight away.

What exactley is appaling about it anyway? Your profile says you ride a t-raptor! in terms of clearance and such those two bike are pretty much the same!

Thanks for all the replies, I can't really wear an ankle brace , I could probably ride ok, it's just if I have to bail that's where i'd do damage.

Gonna have to sell the cannondale now....

pics will be up on sunday.

Will still enjoy watching my brother and taking pics.

Cheers, Dave.

IPB Image

Those in conjunction with a good trials shoe with decent ankle support?

Meh, you know what's wrong with you I guess, but just a suggestion. If you're still into the scene and able to enjoy it it's not all bad I guess?

Yeah, I live in MK that's my brother gaz, he's just sprayed his pace grey. Surely everyone who knows mk knows gaz!?

Dave.

haha, yeah.

I thought I recognised the bike in the bottom pics.

But when I saw him, I was a mere newbie on an '03 T-Bird B)

Hope it all goes well for you (Y)

How did you manage that rail gap on that appauling bike?but sorry to hear the news you must be going crazy knowing you cant ever try anything again

I think you need to buy tricks and stunts 1 & 2 for some education my friend. You are in need of it.

I hope you do ride again mate, I'm sure theres a way. Just get a bmx or mountain bike and crusie along.

07830151250 - ring that number now. The guy on the other end should (If I've got the right number) be Simon Lord. Si is one of the best physiotherapists I've ever met (and I've met a few). He's worked with god knows how many trials riders including Neil Tunnicliffe and Dave Cleaver. He will tell you if you can or can't ride trials again. If you still want to be able to ride trials, this is the guy who will help you do it.

A year ago I shattered both my talus's (spherical shaped thingy in yer ankle...) jumping out of a first floor window. The doc's told me I would never ride again and that I would most likely never walk unaided. Si changed a lot of that, and I ride all the time now and with absolutely (well, 99%) no worries.

Seriously mate, give him a call, have a chat, DON'T SELL YOUR BIKE YET (and an awesome bike it is), and see what he can do for you. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Rich

07830151250 - ring that number now. The guy on the other end should (If I've got the right number) be Simon Lord. Si is one of the best physiotherapists I've ever met (and I've met a few). He's worked with god knows how many trials riders including Neil Tunnicliffe and Dave Cleaver. He will tell you if you can or can't ride trials again. If you still want to be able to ride trials, this is the guy who will help you do it.

A year ago I shattered both my talus's (spherical shaped thingy in yer ankle...) jumping out of a first floor window. The doc's told me I would never ride again and that I would most likely never walk unaided. Si changed a lot of that, and I ride all the time now and with absolutely (well, 99%) no worries.

Seriously mate, give him a call, have a chat, DON'T SELL YOUR BIKE YET (and an awesome bike it is), and see what he can do for you. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Rich

^^^

With him on this one, didnt sort mine out in the end because it healded itself but he is a very pleasant chap to speak with an will tell you everything you need to do in order to fix your problems.

He does get abit obsessive (sorry matey :P :$ ) but he only wants to do whats best for you.

Give him a ring on that number up there and he will deffinatly be able to sort you out. (Y)(Y)

Rich

That is the right number, he is definately very eager to help. He will go out of his way to look at getting a personal consultation with you, and as far as i was aware he said something along the lines of "first visits will be free, because you trials riders are crazy!"

EDIT: silord@hotmail.com if thats easier for you

Edited by Krisboats

That is the right number, he is definately very eager to help. He will go out of his way to look at getting a personal consultation with you, and as far as i was aware he said something along the lines of "first visits will be free, because you trials riders are crazy!"

EDIT: silord@hotmail.com if thats easier for you

Thanks very much guys I will contact him!