Plazmatic Crm Pads ?

dabomb

Does anyone have a good/bad thing to say about Plazmatic Pads as i have just ordered them citrus yellow!

i have have read countless reviews with nothing from the rider point of view ! i have tried looking through the forum but cant find anything substansive. As i am new to all this i would apreciate youu views good or bad.

We Have to start somewhere!! Im sure you all had to.

Riding a 20" without grinded rims

Thanks all!!

Mate i was exactly the same as you when it came to grinding. There is nothing to it at all, theres no way you can grind though your rim, theres no kick back from the grinder, its so simple.

1. take your wheel out

2. Remove your tyre and tube

3. place it on the floor

4. put one foot on it to keep it steady

5. turn on your angle grinder

6. keep the grinder at a 45 degree angle and touch the rim surface then drag it back towards you about 8"

7. if you missed any spots go over them

8. turn the wheel and do the next 8"

9. take a bit of rag and rub the rim surface to remove any burrs

10. go ride!

i appreciate that mate that doesnt sound too bad i presume the cuts aid with the grip of the blocks! Just another quick question(again) which way do the cuts go in relation to the rim i.e. on an angle front to rear or just straight up and down??

Cheers again "J"

Cheers, i have taken on board all your advice which i am very gratefull of thanks, i think for know i will try without the grinding first and see what happens.

Thanks all.

I appreciate all your views as im new getting used to all this.

Edited by dabomb

I dont use a grind with my CRMs and I am cautious about grinding my rims. As they work there is no problem really but I would like to try a grind.

Give it a go then its piss easy.

Your question about the grinds...

You put the rim on the floor making it flat right, then take your angle grinder and hold it upright(90 deg) then tilt it to 45 deg, your cut into the rim at 45 deg but the marks are in line with the spokes.

You dont realy cut into the rim you just drag the cutting disk over it to rough it up hence the unlikleyness of you going though a rim, All the light and harsh stuff is just how hard you press on the grinder.

Give the pads a try without a grind perhaps try some tar, but if i were you i would deffinatly be grinding that rim.

"J"

at our school, people in "J" band are the dumb ones, so when you sign your name "J" it kind of makes me see you differently lol.

anyways, i have had good experiance with them, on smooth and ground rims, on the back.

awesome pads whatever you do to the rim. add a dab of tar and they easily beat any grind.

Thanks again all, Yes unfortunatly i did buy them before i sought advice, but as you know the weekend is on its way and hey i need something to do !! I shall let you know how i get on!!

Jim (not signing as "J" as you can tell from one of the above posts)

Cheers all