Nitro Rc Car Owners/enthusiasts Look In

Mr Motivator

Well, I want even more power really. Not saying that I don't have enough, but I want something more. Something that can be linked to a servo or a closed loop control stystem to remotely control some sort of induction maybe?

I'm running a 2001 TRX Pro.15 EZ ignition engine with a 360 MIP Stinger Kit in my 2001/2002 Traxxas Tmaxx but other than that it's all mainly stock. I know theres a new TRX 3.3 but meh I want to boost my pro.15 :-

I've also just started using 16% nitro fuel as an upgrade from duraglow 10 :sick:

So I want more UMPH. It can already manage about 45+mph in second which is not bad for a 0.15cc in a monster truck.

I want to keep my pro.15 as I understand it's easier to add and install hop ups and stuff as there is a wider range for .12 and .15 engines.

So, whats out there? I have looked and looked and found the MIP boost bottle, but that just stores a little pressure in the carb, which seems pointless to be honest as I can't see much advantage from that.

Hmmn, most won't know what I'm on about but maybe there is someone out there that does!

Sam

Well, I want even more power really. Not saying that I don't have enough, but I want something more. Something that can be linked to a servo or a closed loop control stystem to remotely control some sort of induction maybe?

I'm running a 2001 TRX Pro.15 EZ ignition engine with a 360 MIP Stinger Kit in my 2001/2002 Traxxas Tmaxx but other than that it's all mainly stock. I know theres a new TRX 3.3 but meh I want to boost my pro.15 :-

I've also just started using 16% nitro fuel as an upgrade from duraglow 10 :sick:

So I want more UMPH. It can already manage about 45+mph in second which is not bad for a 0.15cc in a monster truck.

I want to keep my pro.15 as I understand it's easier to add and install hop ups and stuff as there is a wider range for .12 and .15 engines.

So, whats out there? I have looked and looked and found the MIP boost bottle, but that just stores a little pressure in the carb, which seems pointless to be honest as I can't see much advantage from that.

Hmmn, most won't know what I'm on about but maybe there is someone out there that does!

Sam

I wouldn't bother trying to upgrade the engine as its doubtful it'll do much, concentrate on the rest of the car such as saving weight, faster steering servo, better shocks and maybe ballrace it if it isn't already.

edit: just read you're post properly :P I seem to remember there are a hell of a lot of ally parts for t-maxxs least there was a few years back when i was still racing. Not to sure on nitro stuff as i used to race electric. check out www.dms-racing.co.uk (hope thats still the addy)

Edited by tipsy Jock

Yeah, I'm quite keen to keep the stock plastic shock towers, bumpers and stuff to keep the weight down. I might drill the area in the chassis where the old downward exhaust once was. As for shocks there is the standard 8 4"ers, I might stiffen them up a little. oh and get some new tyres.

I found a TRX 3.3 for £50 which seems pretty good. I think it would need some bodging to fit it though to my chasis so it makes good contact with the gearbox.

Hmmn, I have a spare kyosho .12 engine and carb and annother tank here too, hmmmn, twin engine? I reckon that could be do-able. Would have to run both engines on one gearbox though. MEGGA torque :- Mount them side by side, flip the carb and i could be laughing :P

Does the chasis on that scooby not sarape on the floor al the time?? Looks VERY low. Pics took 4 b*****d minutes to load aswell, wtf!!

Saw on one site aaages ago about boring out the engine to make it go faster using a dremel, dunno much about it though (N)

If your handy with a dremel, and don't mind taking a risk with your engine there are many mods you can do to nitro engines, although you have to know what your doing. I have a HPI .15 enigne, which is an origonal fit engine that had a power out put of 0.6hp. i estimate its now running (well, was before i killed it) at 1hp+ ( i say estimate, as i dont have a dyno).

I bored out the carb by 1mm then flowed, knifeedged and polished the crank, removing wieght to balance wieght removed from piston/conrod. The conrod was knife edged as well , and the bottom lip of the piston flared.

I enlarged the ports on the piston and sleeve, and matched the crank case up to these. i also flowed the exaust manifold to match the port.

This takes a lot of care to do, and risks your engine as its easy to do wrong, but gains so much power on a cheap engine. It takes it up to the standard of a high end novarossi engine in terms of port sizes, and component shapes. It seriously improved aceleration and power.

dont bother with a boost bottle, or any thing advertised on ebay as nitrous or similar! and those superchargers use as much engine power as they make back.

The easy way to get more speed is just to fit a bigger engine.

ha the first one is worth waiting for! :P erm tamiya type-rz motor cost me 40 quid torques like fook with a fairly high top speed so not too much a waste of dosh :P

Don't ever buy another tamiya hop up part :P Next motor buy reedy or trinity. far far more powerful for probably less money :)

meh its fast enough for me!! i had a kyosho landmax 4wd before this car and its well more fun the landmax was just scary and wouldnt drift or do donuts or anything fun so it got boring.

the tamiya motor was one of the only ones that allowed me to go fast as fook without buyin a new esc (Y)

the tamiya motor was one of the only ones that allowed me to go fast as fook without buyin a new esc

if your still using a tamiya mechanical speed control! get rid of that horid piece of ancient hitory right away!

the tamiya ESC should be able to handle most mild motors form any company, and they sould still perform better than the tamiya one for the price.

no its electronic. its quite a good one i think. and no the tamiya motor is good. it was the only 21 turn motor i could find that was half decent (Y)

21 turn is for sissies, try 12 or 11 :D I wish i had some pics of my car buts its at home and i'm at uni :(

yes i must say your right but i dont want out right speed at the car wouldnt perform to well considering how hard the tyres are and how hard ive set up the suspention. i dont think it would actually turn due to excessive understeer! it has understeer now untill i blip the brake on :)

cwoor alots changed since i was into all of this. i used to have a tmaxx trx 2.3 or some thing cant remeber.

was planing a 3 speed conversion kit and a twin engine implant, had to get it all imported from america but was suprisingly cheap.

also has a 4tec which went like shite off a shovel, sold that though.

still got my tmaxx in the loft love it to much to sell it.

21 turn is for sissies, try 12 or 11 :D I wish i had some pics of my car buts its at home and i'm at uni :(

Word.

I used to run an 8 turn mtroniks motor on my fwd mm02 chassis, with a novak speedo, but it got ran over, bloody cars :P It was stupidly fast, and great fun to drive.

Now im running a 17 turn Reedy, throught a novak Elektra Esc. Its serious fun, not to much speed to make it uncontrolable, But fast enough to pop some awsome results at your local track/club.

I managed 2nd at my local club last year. Havent been since thou, Wanna get back into the RC scene, Its awsome.

Tom

Sam

Try 25% Nitro fuel mate, thats what i put in my Kyosho (Y) initial thrust is great.

either that or get a carbon fibre chassis/alu parts and a more aerodynamic shell

failing that isnt enough try installing a small ethanol/oxygen powered rocket up its arse <_<

Word.

I used to run an 8 turn mtroniks motor on my fwd mm02 chassis, with a novak speedo, but it got ran over, bloody cars :P It was stupidly fast, and great fun to drive.

Now im running a 17 turn Reedy, throught a novak Elektra Esc. Its serious fun, not to much speed to make it uncontrolable, But fast enough to pop some awsome results at your local track/club.

I managed 2nd at my local club last year. Havent been since thou, Wanna get back into the RC scene, Its awsome.

Tom

Tis true, my highest was 3rd in a championship, took me a fair while to get to that :P Would love to get back into it but my baby is probably ancient now, despite the many hundreds i spent on it :unsure:

Ben, If you have all your old kit such as ESC and radio gear, servos etc, Have you thought about buying a nice touring 4wd chassis and decent motor? Probably pick some quality shizzle up for about 200 (Y)

Thats what im doing soon, Mmmmmmm Hpi Pro 4 Hara *droool*

Tom

if you are looking into geting an electric chassi the mi2 s1 or carbon is mint, i just got one for indoor racing after using my freinds and we both come 1st and 2nd every time, as aposed to last when i had my sprint :$ lol you can get them from www.dms-racing.com for £130 for the s1 (woven graphite) or about £170 for the carbon, or you could scout around for a tamiya trf 415mx on ebay , they are going for around £200-£300 as aposed to £500 from a shop lol

or you could buy my carbon sprint off me :P

sam

o and for makin your nitro go faster get a 18 or 21/22 engine in there

:sick: i feel like a right geek now lol

Edited by wad