Zoo Python Or Zona Zip

Onzaallen

Hi, I am getting a new frame in a few weeks and i am not sure if i should get the zoo python or the zona zip.

I need some help, but if you are going to replay i think you would need to have ridden both to compare, I have not ridden either that is why i need you're help.

Zoo pros- looks good & looks strong

Cons- dearer than the Zip & meant to be quite long (I am only 5 foot 8 inchs.)

Zona pros- cheap, looks good & looks fairly strong.

Cons- Meant to be hard to sell if you don't like it.

Please help me to decide Allen.

There's another thread similar to this with someone going from a T-Bird to a Zoo or Zona, so there's some handy info in there about the frames.

I don't really get where the "Hard to sell" thing comes from either - the only problem I guess there might be is that when you sell on second hand you lose money on anything, so if you're starting off with a RRP of £159 you're lower to start off with, but that doesn't make it hard to sell...

There's another thread similar to this with someone going from a T-Bird to a Zoo or Zona, so there's some handy info in there about the frames.

I don't really get where the "Hard to sell" thing comes from either - the only problem I guess there might be is that when you sell on second hand you lose money on anything, so if you're starting off with a RRP of £159 you're lower to start off with, but that doesn't make it hard to sell...

I will look for that information in a bit. I have just heard that they are harder to sell second hand and i couldn't think of any other cons so i thought i would put it in.

Hi,

I would say a Zoo,a lot stronger and ride better.

Lee

Hmm... not so sure I'd say "a lot stronger" - the Zonas have been out for 6 months now, and I haven't heard of one breaking, so they can't be all that bad? There are a lot of them out there too...

About the ride - I still prefer the feel of the Zonas. I really don't like the 375mm stays (some even seem to have more :S) of the CLS Pythons, plus they've got a lower BB. The shorter rear and higher BB of the Zona seems to make it nicer for bunnyhops, manuals and spins, and it also gives it a bit of an edge for "_______ to front" sorta moves. It just rides really nicely in general though, and for £159, it's a bit of a steal, really...

hi mate

I ride a zona zip got it the other day and just made it up it looks really good. I have only bin on a zona zip so i cant say get one because i have not bin on a zoo so. if you like to have a bush guard like i do go for the zona, it is like the zoo but does not have the bush that is why i did not get one. the zona zip is really nice to ride easy to get it on the back wheel and hop on it. so i would say the zona zip but if you don't want a bash go for the zoo.

thanks hope i have helped you. :)

while were on this topic are tartybikes still selling the zona frame? i'm going to get one for my birthday if they still are...it isn't on there website. Perhaps its because they've changed the view of the website or something they havn't got all the information/products up yet? :S(Y)

while were on this topic are tartybikes still selling the zona frame? i'm going to get one for my birthday if they still are...it isn't on there website. Perhaps its because they've changed the view of the website or something they havn't got all the information/products up yet? :S(Y)

I think if you were to phone tarty they would let you know, i know on their last website they were selling them with a christmas offer.

Allen.

Thanks for the replays guys.

Onzaboymark, do you happen to know the website for them bikes now just my mate said something about them today and i can't remember the web address just so i can have a look.

Allen

Which bikes do you mean? Zhi Bikes or something? Yao Zhi used to ride for Zoo, and he had a sig frame which was the Short Python, but that's not made any more. ZhiBikes are making some new frame, but it's basically not much new. The stock's cool, but I think his mod is fairly similar to the Zoo, unless he's done something new recently.

I *think* it's www.ZhiBike.com Some great videos on there, their team's pretty strong...

Which bikes do you mean? Zhi Bikes or something? Yao Zhi used to ride for Zoo, and he had a sig frame which was the Short Python, but that's not made any more. ZhiBikes are making some new frame, but it's basically not much new. The stock's cool, but I think his mod is fairly similar to the Zoo, unless he's done something new recently.

I *think* it's www.ZhiBike.com Some great videos on there, their team's pretty strong...

Yeah that is the one thanks and sorry for not making my self clear.

Allen.

I have ridden both and I would have to say zona anyday.

but have you taken into consideration the mod GU and aorta frames? the Gu definately ride nicely, well my mates did, the aorta rides pretty awesomely too.

so toms zona rides nicer than my zoo :

tom tom

Hi and thanks for the replays so far.

I have had a shot on gu and quite liked it but there was something that felt a bit weird on it but no sure what.

I am still not sure what frame to get but it is looking like the zona as it is cheaper mad looks nice as well.

Allen.