Mech'less' 26"

Bucky

depends if your chain was already stretched when you put it on. if it isnt, its going too and its going to go slack and come off all the time, then you will need a tensioner. if its stretched already and now you have removed your tensioner and its the correct tension, when you get a new chain then it will be far far too tight. you can usually remidy these problems with a half link, but i couldnt :P so good luck.

oh and bucky. it stays on by being at the correct tension anyway. like on a bmx. althought with vertical dropouts its waaaay more hit and miss :P

Edited by mat hudson

depends if your chain was already stretched when you put it on. if it isnt, its going too and its going to go slack and come off all the time, then you will need a tensioner. if its stretched already and now you have removed your tensioner and its the correct tension, when you get a new chain then it will be far far too tight. you can usually remidy these problems with a half link, but i couldnt :P so good luck.

oh and bucky. it stays on by being at the correct tension anyway. like on a bmx. althought with vertical dropouts its waaaay more hit and miss :P

thats what i was asking, with problems like chain stretch and needing slack if landing on bash guard( u know what i mean) i know rossi made his vert. dropouts more horizontal with a round file.

Bucky

i guess it partially depends on your chainring/frame choice. like if you have a burn 16t ti bash on the front with a 14 rear and an xtp with big ass chunky chainstays, then the chain sould hit them if you go to bash instead of snapping. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong :P

By working, Boumsong means he has been very very lucky that it all fits together and doesnt rape bearings :turned:

Its pretty slack, if you landed a sidehop to stay then the chain would just come upwards without doing any damage. Hub takes six years to engage mind.

ye so you can move the wheel backwards :huh: so it doesnt mater if you cant get tension anyway.

I'm pretty sure that bike has verticle dropouts, so he wouldn't be able to move it backwards. That recess is where his mech hanger used to be. I think he's just been very lucky with his chain tension.

I run the White Industries Eno Eccentric Hub

I'm pretty sure that bike has verticle dropouts, so he wouldn't be able to move it backwards. That recess is where his mech hanger used to be. I think he's just been very lucky with his chain tension.

they are on a cam (right word?) so can move on thier axle to provide tension :)