Brake Pads For Chrome Rims

ScotchDave

Evening lads and lasses, I need some new pads for me bmx. I use crvs right now, but I'm getting fed up with the wet performance, or the distinct lack of it. So I'm not sure what pads I should get any advice appreciated. I know there have been a few threads on this, but I'd like up to date infromation and I'm sure theres a few new pads out.

Ta David

Edited by div

Mat's spot on. The uber slick surface of chrome rims mean if you think of the word water or humidity goes above 4.2%, you're probably not going to stop any time soon :P

Plaz V-Flies really are good BMX pads though, but it's not gonna happen in the wet unless you have a ground rim, and if you grind a chrome rim I'm going to find you...

Ok, thanks lads, I've got some plaz backings now, put my blue sinks in them for now, but I'm gonna see what else I can sort.

P.S. Mark, you find me I kill you. Simple :P

EDIT

Can the small odyssey mono lever been run with a dragonfly cable?

Edited by div

Ok, thanks lads, I've got some plaz backings now, put my blue sinks in them for now, but I'm gonna see what else I can sort.

P.S. Mark, you find me I kill you. Simple :P

EDIT

Can the small odyssey mono lever been run with a dragonfly cable?

If it's a single cable, yeah. If it's a dual-cable, you'll need to get the M2 or the Modulever lever. Otherwise: Yes.

Damn, I wanna run a giro and I wanna run a double cable to it. But the only lever I can run with a double cable it seems is a dirty harry, which is shit. <_<

I was about to point you to gsport.co.uk where there was a lovely set of instructions on modding any old lever to run 2 cables but they've updated the site and its gone. :(

it might be worth dropping him a mail to see if the page is squirrelled away somewhere

Damn, I wanna run a giro and I wanna run a double cable to it. But the only lever I can run with a double cable it seems is a dirty harry, which is shit. <_<

Like I said, the Odyssey Monolever also come as Modulevers or the M2 levers, which you can run a dual-cable from...