Mobile Phones

Mr Dave

Hey, Im loookin for a new phone, as mines a bit knackered, really slow, and half the buttons work when they feel like it. nokia 6600 btw

dont wanna spend a stupid amount.

Would like something thats medium to small

good sized screen

and can play mp3s

and can upgrade the memory to at least 1gb, trans flash i think most of them are, 1gb is bout 37 quid.

other not so important things, to have a decent cam, like 1.3gb or more.

and surgestions ?

thanks

Dave :)

k750 is very nice, i love the radio, i forgot to mention that, a radio would be awsoom!

but its 300 pounds :(

how much did you pay ?

ive found this...... Qtek s200

it does lots of pointless things, but main cool thing, is its got wireless net, so it could connect to my home broard band :o

does that look like a ligit auction ? theres one from china going for 111 pounds :S

cheap :S

is that dodgy?

Thanks everyone :)

It's probably legit, but it's coming from China (=long wait) and postage is £30 (including required insurance (N) ). So it's not that cheap after all.

If you need/want a PDA and a new phone, you could probably do worse. I don't know about that particular one though.

P.S. I'm after a new phone too. I don't want it to be a video recorder or anything stupid like that. I want something that's nice, small, fairly simple. A radio would be nice, but that's about all I would want I reckon.

Here's the choices:

Samsung d500/d600/z510/z320i/s500i/s400i/p300

Sony Ericson k750i/w800i/w810i/w550i

Moto V3i/V3/V3x/pebl/slvr

Nokia 6230i/N70

I'm thinking I'll probably just be boring and get a Samsung d600 like every other f**ker, unless anyone tells me why I should get something different :)

thats the thing i dont need one at all :P

that k750 looks pretty perfect for me.

theres acouple on ebay, again one from china for about 170, and some from englang, but havent finished yet.

trials boy how much did you pay for yours ?

ilukeee - my girlfriend has a d500, its a nice phone, but doenst have enough storage, and you cant upgrade it :(

Dave

It's probably legit, but it's coming from China (=long wait) and postage is £30 (including required insurance (N) ). So it's not that cheap after all.

If you need/want a PDA and a new phone, you could probably do worse. I don't know about that particular one though.

P.S. I'm after a new phone too. I don't want it to be a video recorder or anything stupid like that. I want something that's nice, small, fairly simple. A radio would be nice, but that's about all I would want I reckon.

Here's the choices:

Samsung d500/d600/z510/z320i/s500i/s400i/p300

Sony Ericson k750i/w800i/w810i/w550i

Moto V3i/V3/V3x/pebl/slvr

Nokia 6230i/N70

I'm thinking I'll probably just be boring and get a Samsung d600 like every other f**ker, unless anyone tells me why I should get something different :)

I would personally go for a d500 over a d600, The d600 is bigger and more money. the d500 has what you want by the sounds of it. Also i wouldnt by a moto, i dont know one person that is satisfied with there's.

thats quite a choise tomm :P

im deff swaying towards the k750, whats the diff between the 750 and 800 :S the 750s 5 quid more

edit : the 750 is 213 pounds not 300 :$

do you recon id be a good choise to go for one off ebay?

ilukeee, yeah, dont want none of that, he had like 200 negative feedback saying they all got lost lol

Dave

thats quite a choise tomm :P

im deff swaying towards the k750, whats the diff between the 750 and 800 :S the 750s 5 quid more

edit : the 750 is 213 pounds not 300 :$

do you recon id be a good choise to go for one off ebay?

ilukeee, yeah, dont want none of that, he had like 200 negative feedback saying they all got lost lol

Dave

lol, best not touch him then.

I wouldnt know what the difference between the 800 and 750s. Any one know?

I would personally go for a d500 over a d600, The d600 is bigger and more money. the d500 has what you want by the sounds of it. Also i wouldnt by a moto, i dont know one person that is satisfied with there's.

It's on contract though so it wouldn't make any difference which I got, they're all free (when you sign up for another year :rolleyes: ).

Difference between the 750 and the 800 - not a lot besides the walkman branding I think. I think the 800 comes with a bigger memory card and obviously it looks different. The supplied headphones might be different too. Apart from that, I *think* the only difference is in the software on the phone, and I believe you can change the 750 to think that it's a w800i.

what is the difference in the software ? lol whats walkman mean

Dave

Not sure what the difference is in the software, but like I said if you're clever enough you can upgrade the software on the k750 to the same as what's on the w800.

You know, like Walkman? Music player... Sony have shoved that branding onto their new phones.

I had a D500 and it was dead within a few months. From the first month I got it the screen was nackered, when I slid it down it would just all go green and freeze. A few weeks later it fell out of my pocket when I was riding and the plastic snaped, but it mended the screen problem. Then a month or two later it fell out my pocket again and the screen smashed, the case split open and it just got destroyed.

They are quite nice phones with some decent functions but are a bit too big and breakable.

My sister has the D600 which feels plasticy and crap, when you slide it up it just grinds against the other half of the plastic.

This may be a bit late but I would seriously recommend getting a case for the Sony Ericssons. I'm on Orange contract and so far on my 2nd K750i. The first one had a faulty camera but the one I've got at the moment seems to have the common problem what most K750i's and W800i's suffer from...the joystick going bust. Only works in one direction now, down. Think it may be because dust and such gets in the gaps so maybe gettin a case would help prevent this problem from occuring or at least slow the problem down. But yeah would do this with any Sony Ericsson phone in my opinion. I'm waiting for the new Sony Ericsson k800i to come out :P 3mp camera and such. Yes please also the W810i looks sexy :P

Hope I've helped somehow

Do not get the K750. My 4th or 5th has gone for repair again. Apparently Sony Ericsson maybe recalling them or something, i heard this off a guy who works at o2. I would get the W810, basically a K7/W8 without joystick. Same cam ect. Im gonna try bribe o2 to change my K750 for a W810 lol :P