Keep Your Bike In A Garage Or Shed?

Alan

Put it in the shed, give a mate a tenner to come round a steal it from you for a week or so, and let your mum think that it's all down to her being pedantic.

I keep my bike in my bedroom, which is upstairs. I just wouldn't leave it outside in the shed regardless of how I had locked it up.

www.eta.co.uk Looks like one of them cross country sort of clubs and they are running an insurance thing. I've almost finished my quote just need to get my lazy arse up out of bed so i can go get the frame number, but it does look rather promising (Y)

See what you think, give it a try

Waiting for my quote to come through, Thanks slave boy.

mine live in the kitchen till the missus shouts at me, then they go upstairs to my little office room thing.

there's no way I'd leave the poor things out in the rain - they'd get wet.

Sheds are usually covered by household insurance but I don't have one so I'm buggered on that front.

just remind mother dearest how much it'll cost her (because she made you put it outside despite your protests) to replace the bloody thing when it inevitably gets nicked and im sure she'll change her mind.

unless im going away on holiday it lives in the garage unlocked but then if they broke into my garage the last thing there going to nick is a silly looking bicycle with one gear and no seat. i reckon the Ducati or the CRF250 will go first........ :blink:

Waiting for my quote to come through, Thanks slave boy.

95 squidders btw, seems quiet good concidering

One-off joining fee which is waived if you pay by continuous payment. Your bank account or credit card will be debited each year.

Annual Membership fee, including your online discount

Cycle Insurance policy including:

Cover for theft, accidental damage and vandalism

Personal accident cover up to 2,500

Cycle Rescue Cover to help you complete your journey

Up to 40% no claims discount

Up to 90 days European Cover

Total annual premium including joining fee - see above.

Rob

Edited by Robwalker

hmm, letting down your tyres and having an alarm, so that they cannot ride away and you've got an advantage over catching them, as they will have to carry/walk with the bike, they might just ditch it. Securing it to the wall of the shed, and an alarm. Clearly an alarm is the way forward but you also need something that'll delay them so they will hesitate and run or you can catch them red handed, with your red face, and your red baseball bat maybe?

Rob

or to save letting your tyres down......... just take the front wheel off :) then alarm it

slows them down if they try to get it and you'll still get woken by your alarm :rolleyes:

//ollie

Edited by trials-Oli

Garage, my room is in the garage, we had it converted, so now my bike is in my garage and in my room. Basically if you want to take my bike you need to....

Get through a standard garage door.

Then through a high strentgh door (made to withstand fires). :-

Get a conversion (Y)