New Shiny Bits...

Endohopper

i use a fresh products tensioner and the only time i retension is when i put a new chain on and it stretches or if i bosh the tensioner and its cheaper to retension then replace hanger ;)

just my opinion though :)

ive never had to retension my rohloff and i wont ever need to again if the chain stretches the tension in the tensioner will take the slack.

Gosh...didn't mean to reopen the whole " sprung Vs bolt on " tensioner debate . I guess I'll stick with my locked Ultegra derailleur unless / untill these Echo things become available . One day soon , some company is gonna design and manufacture a good S.S tensioner and make a killing .

if people are worried about breaking their hangers, then make your own out of steel!!

I did and its not even thought of bending let alone snapping and I have done sidehops directly to the mech! :S

I am another fan of sprung tensioners, I am actually running a mech with gears (imagine that!!) and I have no worries over chain tension or snapping hangers.

IPB Image

this worked for me without any probs!!

fixed tensioners are good, but I think they work best when up tensioned!

but it seems that an awesome tensioner would be the mounting of the rennen/fresh, with the sprung rohloff cage(Y)

Edited by leedstrials