New Shiny Bits...

Endohopper

Having searched here and at most Echo stockists , I'm still unable to find Echo's new stock chain tensioners , as shown in diagram A :

[attachmentid=3905]

( GU promotional photo )I figure the blueness would look pretty cool on my bike , as well as saving some weight , but it would have to be pretty damned good to replace my locked Ultegra mech . I also wonder if the design is any good , or will it suffer the same dissapointments as DMR's attempt ? Any ideas on availability / quality ?

post-3439-1145367617_thumb.jpg

i still cant belive people think non sprung tensioners are good wtf are you people thinking seriously though there just gash.

rohloff buy one be happy no need to f**k arse about retensioning the mech, seriously im so confused at how people think this.

when i ride my stock i ride allday no worries on the tension of the chain others with the fresh are having to retension every hour or so.

i still cant belive people think non sprung tensioners are good wtf are you people thinking seriously though there just gash.

rohloff buy one be happy no need to f**k arse about retensioning the mech, seriously im so confused at how people think this.

when i ride my stock i ride allday no worries on the tension of the chain others with the fresh are having to retension every hour or so.

Yep :rolleyes: i'm allways hearing problams with the Fresh tensioners, spring tensioners for the win.

The fresh ones you have to arse about with them all the time like having right chain lengh, making sure it's allways tight.

Few bodges on a mech and it's a tensioner and never has to be touched again.

Spring tensioners rule B)

Edited by Gears

Anyone Speak French? if so how much to send to UK, im also interested :)

Cheers Rob

Hi Rob

contact@bmtech.fr

you have to email them to get info on that :)

I'll draft the french for you if you like :)

Edited by deanie-b

Rennen/Fresh Products type tensioner?

More amazing, more awesome cos they can take more abuse and protect the hanger?

Mat Hudson's Rohloff has just been working happily on his bike. Dave Kerr's has taken a load of abuse too, and it still works fine. They tension the chain more effectively than any other tensioner I've seen, look super nice, and are just a great product, pretty much. I'd have thought something that was sprung and was able to move when it was hit would be better for protecting your bike than what's basically a lever to bend the dropout?

Rennen/Fresh Products type tensioner?

More amazing, more awesome cos they can take more abuse and protect the hanger?

sprung tensioners are much better. FATC. they only put the needed amount of stress on a chain, never any more. if you go to bash with a sprung tensioner it moves then moves back(withought having to retighten) but with fixed jobbies you end up making your tensioner slip or putting massive ammounts of pressure on your chainring and hub. sure sprungs more pricey, but thats because they're much better.

i use a fresh products tensioner and the only time i retension is when i put a new chain on and it stretches or if i bosh the tensioner and its cheaper to retension then replace hanger ;)

just my opinion though :)