King Problems

moose-iow

right when i pedal forward my king feels fine but when i back pedal the chain goes all slack i have tried replacing my rear mech but that hasn't helped so my only conclusion is that it is the hub but the cones are tight so i just wondered has had this before or if anyone has any ideas for what else it could be any help appriciated

cheers phil

if the hub is new you should be able to back pedal with out the chain going slack.

during the first 60 hours of use above average amonts of drag my be noticed not enough to warrant a new mech, increase the cage tension on the mech

As Dave33 said, even in a new hub there shouldn't be such problems.

Your axle is probably too tight so why not loosen it, see if it helps. Then put the wheel back on, see if there is no play (waggle the wheel and check if the rim isn't moving between the pads). If so, remove the wheel, tighten the cones up slightly and check it again.

If this doesn't work I suggest you have a look at the bearings and maybe re-lube them (flush them with WD40 and oil them with a thin grease).

What sort of condition are your chain and cogs in? If theyre worn they will be hook shaped which will cause what your describing

Yup since the hub is new its probably unlikely to be that. Its going to just be a shagged drivetrain. Old Sprocket, old casette, old chain. I usually replace the lot all in one go.