26twenty New Video/new Site

26twenty

Nick

Thanks for the reply, illustration is what I did at University, so that's my real interest, but I couldn't get it to pay the bills so that's why I started with web stuff. I really like combining the two. The illustrations took my maybe a couple of weeks, the only problem is that I still do all my illustration work in photoshop, and I should be using illustrator. Ha I'm so backward's sometimes.

The site took me a little longer, I have a tendency to build a site..... get board of it and start all over again. So I've been building the new 26twenty for maybe 6 mounts, on and off.

I've taken you comments into consideration, I've changed the index page a little, I'm still not totally happy with it but it's defiantly easier to understand, and there's a new gallery up.

Thanks everyone for the comments, if anyone has any idea's on way to improve the site I'm all ears.

Thanks

Jim

That site i s actually the best! :o The graphics are amazing, the layout is amazing, the videos, the photographs... I could go on. It's just an amazing web site. (Y) The videos are top quality too. Really good angles and editing.

Very profession. 10/10.

Cheers,

Joe.

Can i suggest something, as the homepage is the only thing letting it down really. Not by a lot, given, but i rekon it could be improved.

Right, you have a "post-it" style thing going on in top right, and thats where my eyes go everytime i go to your site. The first time i visited, and even now when i know where the navigation is, so my suggestion is to make them links. Either links them individually to different sections of your site, like the gallery, news page, video page, and so on, or just make them all go to a page you want people to visit most.

Bo' site for sure lads! Beautifully coded as well! I'll be getting those videos. I remember when I came across your site years back, I was blown away then, and still am!

J.

Beautifully coded on the outside buttttt..

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%...26twenty.com%2F :P

If you are going to validate it, then i simply wouldn't bother. As you've used tables, or the program you used has used tables, and tables are for tabular data, not layouts.

But don't just follow the validators rules and suggestions, theres a thousand other things to make code good.

If you do want to validate it, either use XHTML 1.0 Strict, or HTML 4.1 Strict, anything else is pointless.

I've never really bothered with validation, Go-Live has always been known for creating suspect code at times. I test with as many different browsers both PC and Mac as I can, so as long as it runs fine I leave it at that.

Thanks for the advice on the "HTML 1.0 Strict, or HTML 4.1" I'll be sure keep all these things in mind when I build my next site.

For small sites, its not really worth it. I only do it through force of habit, and personally believe every site should adhear to standards, but thats a whole different topic.

Its really not worth the hassle unless you want to learn about standards and W3C, and learn how god damn annoying it is converting non-standard code to strict code. :P