26twenty New Video/new Site

26twenty

Right, I wasn't sure where to post this as its a website and a video. ( if any mod's want to move it please feel free )

I've finally finished the new version of 26twenty.com and there's a new video West.mpeg.

26twenty.com

Please take a look, watch the video and tell me what you think.

Cheers

Jim

Edited by jim_26twenty

i dunno how you managed it but you made the best trials site ever, even better.

its gonna sound like serious brown nosing but you guys deserve it, your site has always been the coolest around, and your videos have always been sweet, the perfect combination of great street riding and awesome editing. Its ace too see tunni riding with you guys still and that you're all back on trials bikes, although some of your bmx photos are sweet as ever.

hope to see more videos from you lot, good stuff, seriously.

Is the west..vid new.....or has it been out a while...

Just watched it....OMGoogGollyGosh....Seriostime and and effort has gone into that...

Something about your video's...just really fooking good. and your bro...he's a f**king monster on the monty...

The boy has natural riding skill, and...you do to...but your the film/web maker/photogrpaher....MINTTTTT (Y)

i dunno how you managed it but you made the best trials site ever, even better.

its gonna sound like serious brown nosing but you guys deserve it, your site has always been the coolest around, and your videos have always been sweet, the perfect combination of great street riding and awesome editing. Its ace too see tunni riding with you guys still and that you're all back on trials bikes, although some of your bmx photos are sweet as ever.

hope to see more videos from you lot, good stuff, seriously.

I thought that.

One of your very early on designs actually inspired me to start learning how to get good at website design and construction, and this is literally amazing. Your vectoring looks like it's taken ages, and is really amazing. Great combinations of colours.

Information's good, photography looks really good and I haven't checked the W3C Xhtml stuff but from what I've had a look it's coded pretty swishly. Iframe I think though?

Incredible graphics, you really are good at that, and design it seems!

Anyway. Yeah. I love it. Really good. Given me a coupel of fresh ideas for sides actually!

Nick Carter

Oh. Bad idea using:

IPB Image

as an image, Try find a web-safe suitable font and use that. Pages load sloowwwww if they're like that. I'm not too sure I like the idea of your initial navigation on the bottom either.

As Danny said on MSN, it does seem to be a 'splash' page at the start without you having a real hard look around for the navigation information. Also it doesn't really explain much.

Your image sequance button is a very good idea, but I doubt many people have found it. It's not obvious at all.

woody said this site was going to be nice and im sorry to say he was wrong!

its more than just nice, very professional and complimented by a new video that has some amazing riding in and some of the best filming and editting ive seen in a while.

top work jim, cant wait for the next vid already!

(Y)

Seriously guys thanks for all the responses, I never realized that our earlier sites inspired so many people. It's good to hear things like that.

Nick thanks for the feedback, the index page was something that I was a little worried about, I wasn't sure if people would get the idea straight off, and I wanted to see what people thought. I'll defiantly have to come up with something else for that page. And I was waiting for someone to point out the type as .giff issue, I realize that it's bad web practice to do such things and I thought alot about it and decided to go with giff's for type as I didn't want to compromise on aesthetics. If you can think of a web safe font that would look OK then I'll give it a go. I'll also take a look at the image sequence buttons to see if I can make them more obvious.

Rich, thanks for the post you kind of summed up exactly what it is that we are trying to do. The original three 26twenty riders are all back riding trials only, we've got a video with Neil almost complete, should be ready fairly soon ish.

Thanks Matt, I'm sure I'll see you about over summer, I want to sort out a ride in Sheffield with Ben, Neil and Woody to do some filming. I'll speak to Woody and get him to tell you when we're going.

Neil thanks for the slightly biased response.

Thanks to all, keep an eye open we've got more stuff on the way.

Jim