Hub  

228 members have voted

1. 1. which rear hub do you use

• Chris King
    • Hope xc
    • hope pro trials
    • Front freewheel (fixed rear hub)
    • other

i think my hopes skipped about 3 times tops and i'v had it 2 months.

also, tomm. if a king skips its going to damage itself just as much as a ratchet hub is, if not more because it'll skip further.

Edited by mat hudson

I'm using a king, if their maintained right they run lovlely.

Its true when they skip they skip bad. Mine rarely skips though.

Got one for sale if you need one. In red. 26"

is it 32 hole?

and thank you for all the replys..i am now looking into buying a second hand chris king but if there are non available i think i will give the hope pro trials a go. i would prefer to buy a hope when they are a year or two old so they are tried and tested and i know it is going to last.

thanks

Dave

is it 32 hole?

and thank you for all the replys..i am now looking into buying a second hand chris king but if there are non available i think i will give the hope pro trials a go. i would prefer to buy a hope when they are a year or two old so they are tried and tested and i know it is going to last.

thanks

Dave

Seriously

Save your money, get a Pro 2, its all u will ever need, they dont break *i no its to early to tell but the pawls are HUGE and hope stuff just doesnt break like lightweight king stuff*

48 engagements is all u need!

....Profile.Need i say more? Mine rarely skips, Has had minimal maintenance and runs lovely. Fair enough everyone is going to have there own preference as to what sounds best. But in performance terms I'd rate the profile second to none. Purely down to the bulet-proof construction.

iv had the new hope por2 trials for just over a month. well worth the dollar. pik up is very fast. and alot cheaper than a king too. tom

yeah they do seem really good for the money.

i really am split between a king and a pro trials now :S:S

tell that to oli c :P

....Profile.Need i say more? Mine rarely skips, Has had minimal maintenance and runs lovely. Fair enough everyone is going to have there own preference as to what sounds best. But in performance terms I'd rate the profile second to none. Purely down to the bulet-proof construction.

*Waits for 'Trialnior' to blast you with some form of 'Nothing will ever be better than hope' bullshit*

ditto that,

get a pro 2 T, although im running the standard pro 2 (24ep not 48) works fine. had the 48 ep hub on for ages, reason for change the cassette kinda died twisted and buggered the barrel, should not happen now with stainless barrel on pro 2t, (again waits for trialnoir to correct/confirm), hope put me a 24ep on instead to test how it went.

good hubs, havent used a king and to be honest £130 for a hub that works fine why bother paying so much more???

Edited by matthewholdsworth

i run a king classic rear and an ancient hope suspension splined front (have had a king classic front on order for almost 3 months from the distributor evolution :sleeping: )

Edited by shovel

i run a king classic rear and an ancient hope suspension splined front (have had a king classic front on order for almost 3 months from the distributor evolution :sleeping: )

do you like the king hub on the rear?

skip often etc