Dodgy Looking People

Adam t

if someone did try to run off with my bike id dive on their back and hope they fall off that would probably work best

Trust me its more fun to just run after them and wack the front brake on full just flips them over the front - not like there going to be able to ride faster than your jogg isit!!!

I was riding keighley town last week and had to look after the bikes while every one went to the chip shop anyway.........this guy comes up to me in the most scruffiest clothes youve ever seen and says " orite mate how much do them bikes cost"

at this point i was sooooo scared he was going to run off with mine and my mates bikes!

so i just told him that my mates xtp was about 100 pound new but it had a dent in so it wasnt that much at all :)

soo anyone else had this problem of dodgy people askin you for "gos" on your bike or how much it costs?

Youre joking me! I live in the same area as you and when i was riding in town a while back someone said that to me :unsure: he asked me how much my bike was worth and he was a tramp so i just said i found it in a scrap yard.

Regards

Dave

I was riding with my mate around where i live and a huge group of 'chavs' where acting really suspicious, yet we thought nothing of it (N) as we went to ride somewhere else they all ran over to my mate nutted him in the head and tried to ride the bike off. Luckily for us a dodge freewheel saved his bike as they where riding the freewheel skipped, crank arm flew round and pedal gave the chav an almighty shin dig (Y) so they left they bike but got away.

Edited by EchoOz

Yeah, Happens to me alot, 'chavs' come up to me and say "lets ave a diche" I normally just tell them is broken or they say ill let you hold my coat for a go on your bike... Errr no, why would i want to hold a shitty fake Fred Perry coat that you just bought from the market... :D

Hahahahah ,me and my mates have that problem all the time . :S

hehe I was riding in Manchester about two weeks ago with some mates and these two chavs got one of my mates to do the same move over a bench about six times in a row lol.

Was at the end of the ride as well so he was knackered, managed to do it perfectly everytime though ! (Y)

On the issue:

I never let anyone I don't know ride my bike, simple as that, just not worth the risk.

Everyone has these kind of problems mostly off chavs i just say my bike is a £70 bmx. (Y)

also get chavs saying that they have better bikes them mine i just say any bike is better than myne

and the other week we had a chav saying he had a 661 bike so we told him they only make clothing for bikes so he called us puffs for wearing helmets and walked off. :(

Chav: lets have a go on you bike m8, bruttt!

Me: let me bum you first

Chav: wat m8, wat u chattin

Me: let me bum you now

Chav: f**k of you queer c**t

Me: Come her I'm going to bum you.

Works everytime :shifty:

what would you do if he toke his pants to his ankles and bent over?

Edited by matt rushton

Theres also this chav who gets hold off my handle bars when im sitting down and says"let us have ago" and I get the back and say "NO!!" and walk off,lol

Yep, just be firm.

For the how-much-it-cost question, I usually say, it's not for sale. If they insist I say I built it up and there is no price tag because the bike isn't sold in shops anyway. :shifty:

If someone was really trying to bully you and take the bike, either use the bike as a bat and smash everything flat around you (it works wonders if you hold it firmly by the stem and seat down tube). If you don't like the use of force, just let them take it away, and has soon as they start pedaling away, just run after and catch back the rear tyre. hold it up (the guy crashes immediately over the bars and you have plenty of time to leave). :lol:

I usually ride away rather than wait for provocation. B)

Edited by TrashZen

I never get hassled in all honesty, maybe cos i look like a scruff anyway

I nearly slapped my mate when this happened to us first time. This chav asked how much it was, I said "about £200" and my mate said "isn't you're back hub worth like £160 so your whole bike is near to a grand?"

:mellow:

Haha, I always get people asking why my seat is so small. Then a policeman asks me weather my bike is a "road legal bike" and i said yes, my brakes work. Then he asked weather i could sit down on the seat......being 6ft tall...its basically impossible..

I was riding with my mate around where i live and a huge group of 'chavs' where acting really suspicious, yet we thought nothing of it (N) as we went to ride somewhere else they all ran over to my mate nutted him in the head and tried to ride the bike off. Luckily for us a dodge freewheel saved his bike as they where riding the freewheel skipped, crank arm flew round and pedal gave the chav an almighty shin dig (Y) so they left they bike but got away.

And to this guy, and you all stood round, watched your "friend" get nutted, and the chav ride of with his bike....you not a friend....If someone did that to someone i was riding with...damn, the chav wouldn't be able to stand, let alone ride a bike, When i have finsihed with him..

Edited by radical rider

had a bit of trouble yesterday (N) About 6 of us wer in town ( keighly) near multi story car park and some chavs wer on top if it ..anyway they said lets nab there bikes and started climbing down so we just legged it , i wouldent give them much trouble you never know what they might have :lol: pen knifes etc

Anyway Take Care! (Y)

Regards

Dave