Sam Nugent

Which rotor is best?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. A2Z rotors:

• Version 2
    • Version 3
    • Version 4
    • Version 5

I need a new rotor and have decided these A2Z rotors look great. I was just wondering who uses them and which one you would recommend. I don't like the look of the Version 1 so I'm going to leave that one out but I can't choose from the others.

Links:

Version 2

Version 3

Version 4

Version 5

I think They would all be good but I don't know if one is better than another etc...

It will need to perform well, but I think they all would. What do you lot think? Which one would perform best?

Thanks a lot,

Sam

Edited by Sam Nugent

Thanks for the votes so far people.

they all look as if they dont have enough braking surface area, and were made purely with aesthetics as the priority.

ive found hope mini rotors to be pretty strong and work well (Y)

Yeah, but I don't like the original hope rotors as they bend easily. I bent mine in about a week. (I don't even think I hit it on anything :blink:)

What brake have you got?

Yes, caleb's right it's a mono mini.

EDIT: Looks like it's either version 4 or 5. Or possibly version 2.

Edited by Sam Nugent

Have you considered the hope floating rotors?

youd need a + 20/40 mm unless yours is 205 mm atm.

they Are pimp !

check them out on ebay

Yeah, they are nice, but they cost a bomb! Even on ebay they are £30 :blink: Are they worth it though?

If you're only picking on looks. I like 4 the best. The others are too abruptly jagged and look like you've accidently attached a saw blade to your bike!

Steve

But i'm not just picking on looks! They all look OK but I want to know which one would hold the best? I like the look of all of them really, so I just want the one that holds the best if you get me?

I am using a hope floating rotor and its ace!!

You can get them in any size, mine is 180mm, they are lighter than a standard rotor and harder to bend because of the fatter alloy part.

Before that I had the vision 4 a2z disk, but I modified it by cutting bits out to make it look like a cutting disk (leeson style)

The roter was fine, no complaints, I even took a chunk the size of my fist out of a wall with it on a buggered gap, only scratched the rotor!! :S

but anyway, hope floating rotor gets my vote....UNLESS you have a mono trials?? then it wont fit as the pads are too deep and hit the rivots on the disk. The brake goes wank if you cut the pads to fit too :(

Thanks for the replies guys, I think I may go for the wavey rotor now.

I am using a hope floating rotor and its ace!!

You can get them in any size, mine is 180mm, they are lighter than a standard rotor and harder to bend because of the fatter alloy part.

Before that I had the vision 4 a2z disk, but I modified it by cutting bits out to make it look like a cutting disk (leeson style)

The roter was fine, no complaints, I even took a chunk the size of my fist out of a wall with it on a buggered gap, only scratched the rotor!! :S

but anyway, hope floating rotor gets my vote....UNLESS you have a mono trials?? then it wont fit as the pads are too deep and hit the rivots on the disk. The brake goes wank if you cut the pads to fit too :(

That one's too expensive (hope floating) so I think i'll stay with the A2Z 4 for now :)(Y)

Edited by Sam Nugent

By floating, do you mean the ones with the brake surface "bolted" to a centre bit? I tried one yesterday and it felt horrible, because the whole thing was rocking back and forth, much like the feel with brakes where the pads move. Stupid for trials, at least the newer style of riding with gaps fo front and pointy rocks or rails when you want the front brake to lock instantly.