Best Pads For Summer

stetpro

i'm thinking about geting some new pads but which ones should i get now the weather is getting better??(for a magura)

Hi

If you are getting new pads you should search because there and 100s of threads on pads and you don't get summer and winter ones because they last longer than a season unless you get really soft compound ones.

Rob

Get Plaz Crm's, there really good pads and will last a fair time on a light grind. There not very good in wet though they just go all shitty and make a swoosh noise.

And please just don't use tar. It's just shit doesnt hold at all and makes a horible noise. Plaz crm's on a light grind in the way forward for the summer :D .

Plazmatic CRM's seem to be one of the best dry weather pads available and have been used by loads of people for several years. On a light/medium grind they hold well have a loud squeak and have a pretty good wear rate, they should be lasting somewhere in the region of 4-6 months.

Koxx yellows also seem to be quite good pads with a deeper growl of a honk instead of the plazmatic CRM's squeak. The hold isn't quite as good but its definately useable and takes a lot of force to make them slip. They seem to have a very good bite to them as well, which is always good on a rear brake. The wear rate seems to be about the same as that of Plazmatics, althoughi havn't used them for very long so i could be wrong with that.

Coust pads are also said to be very good and if you can afford them they are better in the cnc'd backings, but like i say they do come at a hefty price so that could be enough to put you off them. They seemed to have a very good hold to them and at first they had a bit of a squeak to them, a bit of a higher pitch than the CRM's but this wore off after the pads had bedded in and they only seemed to have a slight swoosh noise. The wear rate on them wasn't very good with them only lasting around 2 months so for the money they probably wouldn't be worth it.

The heatsink red and blues also seem to be good pads although i havn't had much experience with them besides trying them on other peoples bikes. From what i could tell the blues sounded good but lacked hold and the reds held well but lacked sound.

Of all the pads i would probably suggest that you use either the plazmatic CRM's or the koxx yellows, as they are both withing the same kind of price range.

Edited by nickyw

How to get validated in one post :P So dont go moaning if u talk crap and dont get validated.

Also i agree with the ZOO! pads on a smooth rim with a bit of tar, the tar is at just the right temperatre andi find it bites very good.

Rob

If you run a grind I recommend some Majic pads, I've had some on for about 3 weeks now and they're so much better than the Koxx reds I had, they have good bite and up to now seem to have good hold, they also have a lovely squeek to them (Y)

although heatsink do sort me out nicely im gonna big them up because they are plain amazing not just because they sort me out lol

heat sink just plain rule on grip even if you have no booster they grip on as soon as they come in contact

i havent had new pads this year so just get all round ones

blue are very good but it varies on choice

Best pads for the summer has got to be Plaz CRM's ... there truely awesome on a grind and hold so well, There quite good on a smooth rim aswell but no wear as good as they are on a grind. They make a hell of a noise aswell witch gives you a safer feeling, well i feel safer when my brake makes a nice loud Honky noise. They really are the pads to buy. I sometimes hear people complaining about the price aswell on rides and stuff but i think there well worth the money, they really are the best pad out in my opoinion.

If your on a low budget then i also recomend the Heatsink blues, there Great pads aswell. Hold well, make a nice noise and have great bite to them. Aswell as the wear rate is good aswell, i was running a pair on the front on a light/dead grind for about 2 months and they still have a around 3 quarters of pad left and i'm allways using my front brake doing front gaps, wheel swaps etc etc.

Overall i rate Plazzies to anyone, they are the best pad out to be honist and i've used loads of pads.

Wigs :)(Y)

Best pads for the summer has got to be Plaz CRM's ... there truely awesome on a grind and hold so well, There quite good on a smooth rim aswell but no wear as good as they are on a grind. They make a hell of a noise aswell witch gives you a safer feeling, well i feel safer when my brake makes a nice loud Honky noise. They really are the pads to buy. I sometimes hear people complaining about the price aswell on rides and stuff but i think there well worth the money, they really are the best pad out in my opoinion.

If your on a low budget then i also recomend the Heatsink blues, there Great pads aswell. Hold well, make a nice noise and have great bite to them. Aswell as the wear rate is good aswell, i was running a pair on the front on a light/dead grind for about 2 months and they still have a around 3 quarters of pad left and i'm allways using my front brake doing front gaps, wheel swaps etc etc.

Overall i rate Plazzies to anyone, they are the best pad out to be honist and i've used loads of pads.

Wigs :)(Y)

I agree 100% plaz are brilliant in the dry (Y)