Tensile Freewheel

Today i bought a Tensile freewheel and as soon as i got it out the box walking around Nottingham i fell in love with it (sorry fer the constant clicking Adam ;-) lol) i got it put on tonight and it sounds immense and performs even better i would recommend it to anyone who wants good performance but doesnt want to spend big bucks on a profile or eno (Y)

Toms right i was with him today and fitted it for him and we found straight away that the tensile freewheel was a good investment, after taking it out of the box and turning by hand we realised that the freewheel was a litle bit stiff to turn but sounded amazing in your hand.after fitting to toms bike we took it easy jus by riding about a little bit for the first 5 mins or so, the freewheel became easier to turn now and freecoasted the bike alot easier.after we had warmed up abit i started getting on backwheel with it it has a amazing feeling wich makes the cranks very reactive, its like a acs but with the engagements of a eno.10 mins later and still no skips i decided to start pushing it abit more with strong kicks and over a bike and a half flat to flat gaps, the freewheel jus wouldnt skip and this was 15 mins after fitting.I pritty much rode it all night and it never skipped ounce and the sound was perfect. After many years of failed atempts tensile have created a perfect freewheel sure it may not be sealed but when it rides smooth and doesnt skip who realy care.Also i would like to add that at first i was abit scepticle about the bb removing system on the freewheel but after trying it out it works rather well and will save time/and money as most people have a bb tool. will report back later on in the week to tell you how his freewheel is going .

peice....... :sleeping:

liam eyre :D

very handy review mate, will definately be making that investment (Y) as for you jt... the sarcasm is pointless... and undeeded... a review after a day is vital... as i found that most hubs/freewheels i have owned have skipped in the first day/bedding in period so you can take your dry sarcastic comments elsewhere unless your going to be greatful that this nice chap has taken time out to review the product... not for himself, but for us... bitch (Y)

Edited by JoNnY__Mc

very handy review mate, will definately be making that investment (Y) as for you jt... the sarcasm is pointless... and undeeded... a review after a day is vital... as i found that most hubs/freewheels i have owned have skipped in the first day/bedding in period so you can take your dry sarcastic comments elsewhere unless your going to be greatful that this nice chap has taken time out to review the product... not for himself, but for us... bitch (Y)

Well said!!! :-

you go girl!!

A review after a day is pointless. You said it yourself, freewheels act differently on the first few times they have been ridden, so why review it stright away. Supose the sarcasm wasn't needed, but i never really meant for it to be that way and regret putting it into those words, but what i said still stands. The review is pointless really..

Today i bought a Tensile freewheel and as soon as i got it out the box walking around Nottingham i fell in love with it (sorry fer the constant clicking Adam ;-) lol) i got it put on tonight and it sounds immense and performs even better i would recommend it to anyone who wants good performance but doesnt want to spend big bucks on a profile or eno (Y)

After actually reading it you'll see that the only thing he said that was 'reviewing it' was "It sounds imence" which people shouldn't really care about anyway. And "performes even better" which is really the only part of the post that's any kind of a review, 3 words isn't exactly a review.

Combine that with the fact that he's only ridden it once or twice and it becomes less of a review, and more a topic to say "I'm one of the frist people to own a tensile".

Also, i'm not refering any of this to what baseguy said.

Edited by JT!

It could be viewed as a combined review really as tom (tom-trials) is pretty new to the trials world and me and liam (baseguy) have a better technical grasp of things than him . ( i personally would have reviewed this but i wasn't able to go out tonite as

1. i couldn't be bothered.

2. We was having a chinese.)

Not when ENO owns it.

ENO = 82 eng points

Tensile = 60

Anyway enjoy it

Its very good to say how cheap it is :o

Regards

Dave...

You're wrong on both counts.

Enos have 72 engagement points, and they really do feel almost exactly the same. When Supercycles sent me the proto Tensile freewheel, I was coming straight from an Eno, and I couldn't feel a single difference. Even the driveshell of the Tensile is almost as stiff and secure as the Eno's, which is pretty surprising considering the Eno's sealed bearing whereas the Tensile's open. Pretty impressive...

Not when ENO owns it.

ENO = 82 eng points

Tensile = 60

Anyway enjoy it

Its very good to say how cheap it is :o

Time for some more mathamagics...

Tensile - £35 - £0.58 per EP

Eno- £85 - £1.18 per EP

Tensile has 17% less ep than eno, so if price was proportional to ep eno should cost £40.90,

meaning that eno is actually 51% overpriced assuming performance is the same...

Presumably it is harder to manafacturer a decent freewheel the more ep's you have,

but to the end user as long as it works they dont care that it is harder to make.

So if the reports of it being as good as an eno are true, and it is £40 cheaper,

how many times does an average user go skydiving in a month? :blink:

Disclaimer; the above is probably total bollocks, but im bored and its early on a sunday...

Edited by adamtrials

Time for some more mathamagics...

Tensile - £35 - £0.58 per EP

Eno- £85 - £1.18 per EP

Tensile has 17% less ep than eno, so if price was proportional to ep eno should cost £40.90,

meaning that eno is actually 51% overpriced assuming performance is the same...

Presumably it is harder to manafacturer a decent freewheel the more ep's you have,

but to the end user as long as it works they dont care that it is harder to make.

So if the reports of it being as good as an eno are true, and it is £40 cheaper,

how many times does an average user go skydiving in a month? :blink:

umm ummm twice?! What do I win???? :rolleyes:

Thats quite handy really, i love pointless but interesting statistics :)

Although ;)

If you think about it, the Tensile's made one way, and then the Eno's machined incredibly well out of high quality materials, and has a big ol' sealed bearing, and the pawls are all expertly machined too. It really does cost more to make ;)