Older People

planet x alan

however being a willy to the majority of old people isn't going to help.

Well if there going to be pricks to me, why cant i be a willy back. If they asked me nicely, with all the pleases and thank yous, then i would reply certainly in my most curteous manner. Thats the thing nowadays, all of the older generation, think that all of us teens are little yobs, and that we dont have the right to speak for ourselves, so they give us shit, and expect none back?

Well if there going to be pricks to me, why cant i be a willy back. If they asked me nicely, with all the pleases and thank yous, then i would reply certainly in my most curteous manner. Thats the thing nowadays, all of the older generation, think that all of us teens are little yobs, and that we dont have the right to speak for ourselves, so they give us shit, and expect none back?

Only because thats how they were raised so they can't really help it. Old people are set in their ways about stuff, yes they smell of piss, yes they nag and moan, yes they all have beards...but they were taught to respect their elders, and expect you to do the same.

Edit: By the way, thats a joke before someone throws a seizure about it.

Edited by anzo

Surely you're just confirming their stereotype though, which isn't doing anything to change anyone's views? I only really have a go at people who really have a go at me. If someone just sorta shouts at me a little bit or calls me a dick for riding or whatever, I couldn't really give a shit. I don't feel like I've "lost" if I just say "Whatever" to them or anything, 'cos it just doesn't matter to me whether someone I don't know at all thinks they've got one up on me or anything.

I don't believe in the "eye for an eye" method. With young people who start on you for no reason, it's not worth dropping to their level. Just be achingly polite with a hint of patronisation, and they'll get confused and tie themselves and knots with their words, then leave you alone.

To older people, be very polite and act shocked about having been spoken to in such a rude manner, as if you expected better from a grown up. And say so too.

I guess I'm partially different to you then. If some little chav kids come up and demand I do tricks for them or whatever, depending on who they are I might get a bit arsey with them, but generally, with older people I tend to just let it all lie basically.

I guess I'm partially different to you then. If some little chav kids come up and demand I do tricks for them or whatever, depending on who they are I might get a bit arsey with them, but generally, with older people I tend to just let it all lie basically.

You get a much better effect if you use fancy words... the little ring leader ends up eating his own words and looking a fool and you havent moved from the spot or raised your voice. Its the ultimate power, and really leaves them feeling small and pathetic, but in such a way that they dont understand and cant explain it so they are too confused to try and hit you. It really, really works.

Edited by andyroo

Oh jeez yeah, sarcasm = total mindf**k. I don't usually just do their "swear swear swear" thing at them, just play it a little better than that ;)

There's nothing finer than seeing their confidence being undermined as they try to work out if what you're saying is shit-talking them or if you're being innocent or whatever ;)

Oh jeez yeah, sarcasm = total mindf**k. I don't usually just do their "swear swear swear" thing at them, just play it a little better than that ;)

There's nothing finer than seeing their confidence being undermined as they try to work out if what you're saying is shit-talking them or if you're being innocent or whatever ;)

Eggs-actley

Violence and swearing chavs can respond too. A bit of cynicism goes a long way...

All that power, yet so innocent.

And once youve gone, the ring leader turns round to his equally bemused gang and says: "I think weve just been f**ked"

(Y)

nearly being hit by someone on a bike

i actually turned 90 degrees in the opposite direction to let the guy through, there was none of my bike blocking the path :S and as other people said, if they show me some respect i will show it back, but if they treat me like sh*t then i do too.

Personally I find treating people exactly the same as they treat you to be a good way to go about things, even if there chavs or what ever, if they speak civilized to you respond in a civilized manor. If they demand things ask them why or demand they do things, if they are being complete dicks, be a nob back.

That saying comes to mind 'do on to others as you do on to yourself' If they treat you like shit they must want you to treat them like shit.

Only because thats how they were raised so they can't really help it. Old people are set in their ways about stuff, yes they smell of piss, yes they nag and moan, yes they all have beards...but they were taught to respect their elders, and expect you to do the same.

Edit: By the way, thats a joke before someone throws a seizure about it.

That's no joke. I do a lot of work in sheltered housing for old codgers and most of the time they really do stink of piss and moan about stupid things. (Like why Fred leaves his milk bottles out the night before collection rather than waking early to put them out on the day).

Anyway, on the subject of respect I remember a quote from somewhere: "Respect is a gift to be earned. Not a birth-right." In other words, they have to give others respect before they'll get any back. If they just act like arseholes then they won't like the respone much.

I guess the jist of it is, "Do onto others as you would have them do onto you."