British Biketrial Championship Round 3

BikeTrial Federation

yes it was today, I think most people are still driving back, luckily for me its only 20 mins away

I found it quite hard work, I didnt feel on form, my legs felt like jelly and I almost fell over twice just standing cos they gave way.

The sections were on the long side, I think the difficulty was just right. The main thing I didnt like was hoe many sidehops to pedal there were!! nearly one in every section, I HATE them!!

I ended up on 46 dabs, which is about 20 more than I would have liked.

Got back about an hour ago, was a really good trial, some of the sections where quite long. but was a nice challenge (Y) i didnt feel i rode that well could have done abit beter than what i did do. special thanks to all the observers and organisers(Y) :D but ye the trial was realy good i really enjoyed myself :D

Edited by Feeley!

Just got back from the trial, thought the sections were spot on (Y)

well thought out. Everyone i spoke to was having a good time!

Have got a few pics will upload when i get chance.

Thanks to everyone who helped & organised in some way. <_<

I got back about 7. I did not compete but was a great ride, some great sections but they were just slightly long.

Big up to ash butler, Danny butler and rob poyser for great riding (Y) .

Cant wait for the next one. (Y)

I saw somebody taking a fair few pictures but i am not sure if he will be uploading them or not.

Dan.

I had a great time, even if me + matt did decided to go at like midnight. :- Won't happen again! :turned:

Yeah, sections were great, it was nice to have a good range IMO, some easy sections (section 10), some very long sections (section 4), and some extremely challenging sections (section 1)! But agree there was too many sidehops. :P

Nice one to everyone who came, and thanks to everyone who helped out, lookign forward to the one next week!

Mike.

everything was my wrong way, but it wouldnt be a complaint, it was very challenging and i had help from a friend on the day. i thought the sections were spot on really liked them, if you were "more creative" you would have found lines in there that alot of you "tried" or did sidehop there were different run up and techniques to doing it, just because alot of people did sidehop them doesnt mean they WERE sidehops.

section 2 for example, master, 1st bit i bet EVERYONE sidehopped??? i tried to front to back it, back hop, upto front wheel then swop. i dont care i got 2 fives, but i tried something i dont think many/if any others did.

as soon as i finished i just left, got home, was soooo tired from thursday,friday and saturday.

i noticed that creativity and trying different things helped alot, but you then have to have the confidence in doing it, take for example savage had a lap of 1!!!! i dont know how the hell, but that is an amazing achievement, i couldnt say i could have done that trial in 1 if i could have ridden round it 300 laps!!!! but well done to ben (Y):) mucho respect, i think you should teach me sum stuff some time :P

Waynio....................

i think i was riding on hopes and dreams all day.i woke up on my 2nd lap though (i think, unless i am/is still dreaming)

Really good trial red route sections where just right. But if you where to compare section 4 with 10 you would think something went wrong there. Rode well and happy with 2nd place :D

Tom A

in my opinion, it's very important if you're laying out a hard/challenging trial that you should include 1 or 2 sections that everyone should be able to get out of. at a british round people are forced to ride routes because of their age not ability. hence the odd easy one (Y)

yei noticed a young lad doing a lap of white then a lap of blue, he couldnt physically get out of the blue but must have had a good white route ride. the thing was he enjoyed himself and was still smiling even though he had a few fives.

i would like someone to come and mark me sections out week in week out for me to try do, i dont care how long or hard they are, its all in your mind, if you dont keep moving you will suffer with loss of marks. section 4 was border line on being long BUT people still got out with only a few seconds left. therefore to me, the section was perfect it want too long. if it was too long NO ONE would have got through or out of it, thats what makes trials so good, challenging and pushing yourself to the MAX!!!!

Loved it, cant wait for next week. new venue too.

Waynio..........................

your landie rocks mick!!! remember at the world round, me, tom savage and ben savage in the back!!! i thought we were going to die you mentalist!!! from the top left corner at addingham to the main gate in a minute!!! was funny. my head hurt for a bit though :P i could easily 4x4 my new van :lol: NOT!

Waynio...................

The trial was great yesturday. I did expert 26" and i was kind of happy with 5th. Should have done better, couple of stupid fives put me down abit. The red route i thought was perfect. Section 4 was long but not impossible even though i didnt make it all the way round i saw a few people who did. I wish the next to british rounds were abit more up north. I cant make this sunday because of the school prom :P . Ahhh well i might make the 5-6 hour journey down to surrey.

As for the 4x4. I have a pick-up :P . So the thing to do was go and ask for ago. We were only aloud on the green route (easy :P ) but it was still very chalenging and very bumpy lol. Some of you might have seen the silver pick-up go by when they were giving out medals at the end.

Overall it was a smashing day and i cant wait for the next one. Thanks to everyone who organised and helped out in some way.

Brett.........

Yeah i liked most of the sections, and there was fair bit of variety in difficulty between them which was nice, cos it'd be poo doing a trial thats all to easy or all to hard. I managed to get out of section 4 on both laps for a 1 and a 2 with some help from Dave Butler (Y)

Was good to see everyone too and meet some new faces.

Thanks to observers etc too.

Pleased you enjoyed the sections, a lot of time and effort went into the setting out.

My plan was to provide a Trial that would serve to give those going to the World's a bit of a wake up call. There were a lot of side hops, but its very hard to find clean run ups to steps at Back-C.

I wanted to take 20 - 25 marks off of the winner in each class, which I got close to, with a couple of exceptions.

Well done to all those that completed a hard days Trialing.

The results can be found on Biketrial uk's web site.

Fred.

Edited by KOXX-UK

Take a look at young Sam Olivers results in this comp, should do well in the Worlds, definatly a rider to watch in the future.

Ben.

results

I'll second that one.

Don't forget young Tom he will be after his big bro in a year or two you just watch him.

And do not forget little Abby she is learning from Loise Morgan .

(Y)

thought sections were spot on really, took enough marks from pritty much everyone, yet everyone felt they should get through them. Section 4 was long but was probably about right, it's the section that probably seperated the winners from the rest.

If this weeks sections are anything like then I can't wait (Y)