CANCELLED - Exciting Event! July - Trials

UCI Trial

Tried to put this up in the news area along with other posts, but news seems to have stopped working.

Admin, move it when you can please.

Date – 14, 15 and 16th July.

Venue – Moelfre Mid Wales.

Event – UCI British Championships.

Disciplines – Cross Country – Downhill – Four Cross – Trials.

Camping – Free from Thursday, food and facilities on site.

Entry form – Download from Fat Face National Championships

No licence or club membership required.

The team that organises the highly successful Trials held at the Fort William World Cup have been invited to run a competition in conjunction with the UCI British Championships. The Trial will not carry championship status; we will be there thanks to generous sponsorship provided by FATFACE.

In addition to normal Trials activity we have been asked to supply a flood lit spectacle close to the Four Cross finish line, we anticipate holding a Step Up comp or similar.

This is potentially very exciting as the whole event will be covered by the BBC and other media.

It’s our chance to show mainstream cyclists what we can do; the event will attract over 1000 competitors, not counting Trials.

Entries will fill up quickly, so get downloading for your chance to enjoy a good weekend with free camping plus a comp.

Edited by UCI Trial

Sounds fantastic, I'll be there! :)

Edit: Blimey thats a bit harsh, 8 days from 1st hearing about the event to having to have your entries in! :S

Also, what are the guides on the classes, Senior, Junior, and Open, who is likely to enter which?

The closing date for the Trial is 1st post 7th of July, if you wait until then the entry will be full. I know it does not say that on the entry form, but it will be changed. On the other hand why does it take 8 days to enter - just do it now!

We will need observers, they will be paid £25 for their trouble, so bring a friend, they can camp for free as well.

Classes will eventually be the same as the Fort William event, you can check the results to see who does what.

Sorry about closing date/class confusion. It will be sorted.

love to if it was a week later and i pass my test lol

will training be provided for observers cos if my mate goes hell want to do that

You big gay matthew , does this mean I'll be getting harrased at early times of the morning to go riding :P ,

Come on people someone must be passing nearish by wales to get there just need a life to actual venue I guess and maybe a power point.

Sounds fantastic, I'll be there! :)

Edit: Blimey thats a bit harsh, 8 days from 1st hearing about the event to having to have your entries in! :S

Also, what are the guides on the classes, Senior, Junior, and Open, who is likely to enter which?

its not 8 days. its JULY not JUNE :P

whats the diference between junior and senior for the trials, what are they like compared to brit round expert/masters ect?

all the comps we've run in the past have been rookie inter and pro. it's my understanding that the junior will be the same as rookie and senior the same as pro.

ask people who've rode previous comps their opinions as to the severity of the classes.