Is There A Trials Magazine?

new_to_trials

Charging people for information on an internet medium is signing your own death certificate, especially with trials-forum and thousand other ways to get the same information free. Given, it may not be as reliable, and partly clouded by gossip and speculation, but that makes no difference when money comes into it. Anyway, the only way to make money, is if the people handing it over feel as if they are getting something in return, if not something 10 times better, ie, banner advertising.

I feel a news story today illustrates my point a bit. For the first time in history, internet advertising revenue will outgrow that of the newspaper. It was only 0.1% more, but in the bigger picture, thats millions, if not billions. The guardian is actually releasing some news storys a few hours before its printed and delivered, on its news website.

The way Section7 worked before was ideal, really. Dependable, factual news stories, interviews with top riders/industry figures and videos/pics from shows and rides, all of which people could comment on either on the news pages or in the forum. That's pretty much all you need, really? Wouldn't be too hard to secure funding for the server or whatever either, I'd have thought. Banners work pretty well, and S7's got an amazing reputation, so it'd be cool to see it resurrected again with a few changes. More frequent updates would be the main thing I guess, but yeah, we'll see how it turns out :)

Before trialszone there was Section7.co.uk...

Are people suggesting a literal magazine, available for download? If it's internet based, then it should be constantly updated, and not just new editions at fixed intervals.

I refered to trialzone as it was literally a magazine which you would download (Y)

I agree with Onzaboymark though, the way section 7 worked before was great, If it is constantly updated I think it would work better then a literal magazine which can be downloaded as news/interviews etc can be put up instantly as opposed to a magazine approach where it would need numerous articles to fill it up which could take time.

Dan.

Edited by Danno

yeah digs ok too :turned: actually bought it for the first time last month...

The way Section7 worked before was ideal, really. Dependable, factual news stories, interviews with top riders/industry figures and videos/pics from shows and rides, all of which people could comment on either on the news pages or in the forum. That's pretty much all you need, really? Wouldn't be too hard to secure funding for the server or whatever either, I'd have thought. Banners work pretty well, and S7's got an amazing reputation, so it'd be cool to see it resurrected again with a few changes. More frequent updates would be the main thing I guess, but yeah, we'll see how it turns out :)

/\/\ what mark said...

section 7 was brill, bring it (or something similar) back