Is There A Trials Magazine?

new_to_trials

Hey,

I was just wondering today if there was a trials magazine as there is MBUK, Dirt, e.g. all for MTB and then you have your skating and BMX magazine but I have never see a trials magazine,

If there is not one I’m not 100% but thinking off getting one together for next year just seeing if any would buy it if it was like MBUK but all about trials.

Thanks

Sam Lewis

there was BTM (bike trials magazine), but they were few and far between, to be honest the forum moves faster than any print media, so by the time it hits the press, it's old news.

however there is now trialsworld, which is a mototrials magazine, which covers some aspect of biketrials, but i dont think it really took off.

You should still go ahead with it, but just not a printed magazine. An online magazine (if done professional) would be of great interest to all the forum users, and other trials riders. As has been said, over the internet news travels fast, so with the time involved in producing and printing a magazine it would be worthless. However an online magazine would be able to be done weekly and have all the latest trials news condensed into several pages. You would still have the opportunity for interviews with riders and product reviews.

If anything, it would be better having it online as your audience is huge. Costs for you would be minimal and there would be opportunity for advertising on your site if it were succesful.

Thats my opinion/advice anyway (Y)

Ian

You should still go ahead with it, but just not a printed magazine. An online magazine (if done professional) would be of great interest to all the forum users, and other trials riders. As has been said, over the internet news travels fast, so with the time involved in producing and printing a magazine it would be worthless. However an online magazine would be able to be done weekly and have all the latest trials news condensed into several pages. You would still have the opportunity for interviews with riders and product reviews.

If anything, it would be better having it online as your audience is huge. Costs for you would be minimal and there would be opportunity for advertising on your site if it were succesful.

Thats my opinion/advice anyway (Y)

Ian

I like that idea a lot

The very best trials magazine you could make would be to have tonnes of photoshoots with all the well respected riders, arcticles and features on the latest big rides and comps, rather than news about new parts as thats all covered on the forum.

dickead :P

im sure this thread has been made at least 3 or 4 times

Edited by MikeCottTrials

BTM was just filled with anything just to pad it out. And had alot of mistakes. It's very difficult to produce them, espcially when you'd be bringing them out monthly. And like said above all the info you need is on here.

Online magazine = TRIALS-FORUM.CO.UK

Pretty much all we need :S .

But it would be nice to collect them all like MBUK and look back etc.

Mat

I know what you mean, all the latest info is on the forum. But instead of sifting through loads of useless information to get to what you want to know, it would be nice to have it condensed into pages of only uselful information, such as product release dates etc.

If it were made, I for one would defiantly check it weekly.

Ian

But with stuff like MBUK, you get interviews with the top riders which are usually pretty interesting to read. You get more diverse photoshoots, more accurate news about new products and stuff like that. I'd like to see a trials mag, but it's probably not going to happen in all honesty. Trialsworld stopped going due to a lack of money/sales, Trialszone lasted for as long as it took to get Luke all that money, and BTM was a bit few and far between, I guess you could say...

If you want rumour, speculation and gossip. I think what people want is something with decent articles, probing interviews, and good event reports. How's about more than just a photo of something new? What about availability? Pricing? Facts? That's what people mean by an on-line magazine.

A lot of people have the attitude that TF is the way forward, so why pay for a magazine? Well, you get what you pay for. There's huge scope for something but it does need someone to put in the time and effort and feel rewarded for it. They also need support as it's a tough thing for one person to keep running.

I wonder if some of the pro-TF lobby are new people who don't remember what the past has been like...

Ok, so let me get this straight, there is demand for a properly organised, properly run, and proffesional online trials magazine?

What you want is interviews, articles, event coverage and news, preferbly before it gets diluted and gossip riden on trials-forum?

Doing a print trials magazine wont work. It can't.

Doing a print trials magazine wont work. It can't.

Absolutley, but on-line magazines can, have and do work.

I think too many people put too much emphasis on 'I heard it here/there first'. The advantage for a good trials magazine is not absolute speed, but quality and authority. You can't believe everything you read on TF, but with a good reputation, you could on AcmeTrialsMag.com...

Ah no, thats what i mean, you couldn't ever start a successful print version, nor could you ever dream of starting an online one with ideas of trying to make money (who can remember that ;)).

Meh, i need to brain storm with my team. :shifty:

A lot of people have the attitude that TF is the way forward, so why pay for a magazine? Well, you get what you pay for. There's huge scope for something but it does need someone to put in the time and effort and feel rewarded for it. They also need support as it's a tough thing for one person to keep running.

(Y):) i totally agree chris. the thing with this forum is that not everyone or anyone KNOWS from first hand some do, BUT when mentioned it takes 2/3 threads for it to get going. you get what you pay for is the key.

MBUK is ok, its not 100% trials but it gives you things that you may need to know/learn etc etc. and its done by professional people. all photoshoots are professionally taken, and write ups professionally written. thats why the mag is £3.75 or what ever it is.

the world is full of IF's and BUT's. what the world needs is someone to DO IT. but it will/would take alot of dedication and commitment.

Waynio..............................

TF is deffinatly full of too many "rumoured" opinions/advice.

I ride trials (or a close approximation of it) yet the only magazine I buy on a regular basis is 'Ride BMX' Why?

Because its a well written interesting magazine, with lots of great articles and photos. I read the product reviews, despite having minimal interest in them (I don't own a bmx) and even they are interesting.

A website could work very well, with pro interviews and maybe columns. With good pictures and articles on roadtrips/rides/etc. Also maybe even random readers can always submit articles. 'Scene' reports from all over the world. comp results and stories.

... good luck!

Absolutley, but on-line magazines can, have and do work.

I think too many people put too much emphasis on 'I heard it here/there first'. The advantage for a good trials magazine is not absolute speed, but quality and authority. You can't believe everything you read on TF, but with a good reputation, you could on AcmeTrialsMag.com...

I remember a while back this idea was put forward and 'Trialszone' online magazine was made, however it was not organized properly/rushed and was well and truly messed up with the subscription system as people were sending it to each other on msn thus the end of the magazine and only 1 issue was made.

I do agree though, an online trials magazine would work as long as it is well thaught out, planned and organised. I certainly would like to see one released, however how long it would last would be a different subject as it would go two ways; will be praised or heavily criticised on this forum which may wreck motivation from the creator of it like 'Trialszone' proved.....

the world is full of IF's and BUT's. what the world needs is someone to DO IT.but it will/would take alot of dedication and commitment.

That is what needs to happen (Y) , someone to just get out their and do it however keep it low key so their is no huge expectations of it which will give it the chance to easily be criticised from the word go.

Dan.

I ride trials (or a close approximation of it) yet the only magazine I buy on a regular basis is 'Ride BMX' Why?

Because its a well written interesting magazine, with lots of great articles and photos. I read the product reviews, despite having minimal interest in them (I don't own a bmx) and even they are interesting.

A website could work very well, with pro interviews and maybe columns. With good pictures and articles on roadtrips/rides/etc. Also maybe even random readers can always submit articles. 'Scene' reports from all over the world. comp results and stories.

... good luck!

Dig's better :P But yeah, I bought MBUK this month just to see what it was like, but f**k not having any trials stuff in there at all except for Hip-Hop, and the way they just follow whatever trend is going through in mtb'ing at the moment is shit. 'specially seeing as it costs £1 more than Ride or Dig, which are far better in terms of writing and photography...

I remember a while back this idea was put forward and 'Trialszone' online magazine was made

Before trialszone there was Section7.co.uk...

Are people suggesting a literal magazine, available for download? If it's internet based, then it should be constantly updated, and not just new editions at fixed intervals.