New Monty Mod...

Walleee

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Jun 17 2006, 07:29 PM)

Your joking, right? Monty have got to be the second most stupidly-expensive bike brand, ever! Leading the way, in my opinion, is Koxx. The release of the XTP-R (and it's pricetag) helped me to make this decision!

But, yeah, the Monty does look really nice. Look's a lot lower for more clearance. I hope they don't change the geometry to much as i think they are perfect as they are... But, unfortunately trials is evolving, fast. And i'm stuck in the past.

Oh, i'm a poet ^ :P .

Cheers,

Joe.

Also the weakest. 6 Crank arms Snapped, 3 cracks in my frame in the course of 4 months? i personally hate the frame, i also told myself a Monty without that little spiderweb design at the rear end of the top tube would make the frame look stupidly shit if it wasnt there, and Monty have just gone and done it too it away. I very much doubt this is the new Monty Ti anyways. Despite that Dani and Cesar also had long Montys anyways, it looks more like a PR than a Ti.

You will find alot of frames now are having Shorter chainstays so hopefully Monty will stick them out! and For the love of God put some Magura mounts on them.

bb rise looks very high. might be why hes using lots of spacers, it might be a dani comas sig frame and cesar might have a different one? anyways looks like the 06 monty is just going to be a pr now

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Gaz M

Not to open a can of worms again, but if the pr doesnt look like the Ti, then how does that look like the Pr? The only similarity I can see is that the top and down tube don't meet at the headtube, which is oversized as opposed to the normal size on the Pr.....

Regardless, I do like the look of it, but it needs the integrated booster and magura mount's, im not ready to make the change to front disk just yet nevermind full disk!

Edit: thanks for those pics too Gaz, there a shitload better than the original ones I posted.

Edited by jake1516

Last year Dani and Cesar had bikes without Magura mounts, I guess these new frames will have them when they go in production

why will they???

bb rise looks very high. might be why hes using lots of spacers, it might be a dani comas sig frame and cesar might have a different one? anyways looks like the 06 monty is just going to be a pr now

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

it isn't, isn't hardly different at all. if anything!

NO, he uses alot of spacers on every bike he has, because he is about 6 foot 5!

Why is it?

I f**king hate speculation. Really, really useless because 90% of the time, the ideas that are brought up are no way near accurate! (N) Really wish that someone, preferably Monty, could shed some information towards the release information of this bike.

And, Joe, how did it ride? Like compared to '05 and '06 versions?

Cheers,

Joe.

sorry oakley, youve rode it, so theres deffo no bb rise, youve seen it so the 06 monty definately wont be a pr, and youve seen dani comas so he must use spacers in every bike. oh, 2004, graz 2005 monty. he had no spacers (Y) and the bb rise, have you seen the gemotry? no you havent your just going from what you feel and see and you cannot tell a few millimetres difference with your eyes and you wont feel it cause its a totally different frame.

just cause youve seen it doesnt make you a god, f*king idiot

Edited by Gaz M

sorry oakley, youve rode it, so theres deffo no bb rise, youve seen it so the 06 monty definately wont be a pr, and youve seen dani comas so he must use spacers in every bike. oh, 2004, graz 2005 monty. he had no spacers (Y) and the bb rise, have you seen the gemotry? no you havent your just going from what you feel and see and you cannot tell a few millimetres difference with your eyes and you wont feel it cause its a totally different frame.

Agreed.

love you gaz :wub:

Ben B)

But emm, you can kinda get an idea if you actually lookin' at a bike what it's bb rise is, it's not hard to create an imaginary line between the axels under the bb and guestimate the distance between that and the BB.

Looking at a picture on the otherhand, not so accurate really unless you get a shot from the side, which we don't really have.....

It's only a bike lads, don't get worked up about it, no need to call each other names or anything like....

just cause youve seen it does make me a f*cking idiot for posting a reply like this.

Edited by chrishayton

*sigh* i dont even know why i bother sometimes, some people on this forum must share a family brain cell. i know it is only a bike but its the fact that you cant judge a book by its covers, for all we know thatd could be the new t-bird just some people think theyre better then others n it pisses me off

*sigh* i dont even know why i bother sometimes, some people on this forum must share a family brain cell. i know it is only a bike but its the fact that you cant judge a book by its covers, for all we know thatd could be the new t-bird just some people think theyre better then others n it pisses me off

Wow. Took the words right out of my mouth :P . Hence why i said, in an earlier post, that i hate speculation!! :angry: Certain people go off on one trying to guess the geometry, and i really want to know... WHAT IS THE POINT?! :S

Joe.

no, there is NO bb rise, i no this because i asked dani!

and what do you mean about the 06 being a pr, the 06 221 ti is the 06 221 ti and always will be!

its like sayin, the 04 t pro is now a 05 t bird! it doesnt change!

and dani does use spacers in his bikes, because he is hooooge. and powerful as fook!

:sleeping:

I would guess that no bb rise is 26 divide by 2 = 13 - 10 = 3 inches,

which is 75mm, which sounds too high...

Assuming that "no bb rise" for a mod is the same as for a stock

So my guess probably isnt right...

Edited by adamtrials

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Jun 20 2006, 07:54 AM)

Wow. Took the words right out of my mouth :P . Hence why i said, in an earlier post, that i hate speculation!! :angry: Certain people go off on one trying to guess the geometry, and i really want to know... WHAT IS THE POINT?! :S

Joe.

Agree, is'nt it how it rides the most important bit. :P