A Bit Of A Question?

hello people i'm just wondering witch sort of tyer pressure is better for trials?,(Hard,Soft,Medium?).i'm just asking this question to see what everybody thinks and whats better for riding natural or street at the moment i run my pressures soft on the front and softish on the back.If you think i should change this why and will it help me?i no that the heavyer you get the harder the tyers should be so you don't rim it

please help me

cheers danny :)

p.s i'm not a dum ass i just want to no what everyone likes :-

Edited by Danny Swindlehurst

I have my tyres Medium/Harsh, just so that i dont rim it :P

On the front its normally softy-ish for me cos it just feels better.

I ride street by the way..

Edited by BeNNy

i usually run about 12 psi in the back and 15-18psi in the front

that's with creepy crawlers

it keeps the bike nice and stable - which is handy cos i have absolutely no sense of balance - and makes it really bouncy - which is handy for um, bouncing

i'd run lower pressures if i didn't have to ride to spots - once you get under 10 psi you're better off carrying the bike over any distance.

Edited by poopipe

I keep it hard enough on the rear so I dont rim it, but not hard enough so im uber bouncy.

The front however I keep hard because I can't stand the tyre feeling unresponsive and folding over when I turn.

p.s why the interest in our tyre pressures? I hope your not eyeing them up so you can judge how easy its going to be to knife them :S

Edited by Scopse

Theres no right or wrong just personal preference. I find it harder to balance with soft tyres so run mine a quite hard. Also depends on what tyres and tubes your using because if your running any tyre with a thin sidewall then pinch flats become an issue at lower pressures. If this is the case its better to use medium-hard to eliminate pinch flats as best you can.

yea you also have to take into account what rim you are using, old school d521 or somthing like that then tyre pressure is gotta be harder even if you have the heavyest tube or thew thikest side walled tyres. i run mine medium hard because mottos dont grip too well on wet natural :lol: . echo or tryall rims cans be used with lower pressures i think because the wont fold the tyre as easy but are a little more like chocolate than a down hill rim.

Under 20psi, with a Creepy Crawler on natural tends to lead to issues. The sidewalls on them are just shit, it's like trying to ride a bucking bronco - just throws you off everywhere. I run my tyres about medium I guess, usually around 30psi or so. I'd say "hard" compared to most, but Olly "Exploring the limits of mod tyres to see just how much psi they can take" Capes would come and operate some sort of smack-down on me. I prefer riding with them harder though, just makes it more predictable and seem more responsive almost. If I can't be arsed doing sidehops or gaps properly though, dropping the psi a bit so you can get a little bit more spring's fine. Generally though, I'd rather just do it better :P

On natural, depending on the conditions you would really want to ride with a low or medium presure and street it doesn't really matter. Its all down to the riders personal preferance although you can ride with a hard pressure in street because you rairly lack in grip.

Thanks

Ian B

i used to have to run my tryall on the rear, really flat as i used to struggle to get alot of spring out it, I have a maxxis on the rear now and i run the pressure alot harder than i used to and prefer it balance wize. going to make my front alot harder as well.