36h Rear Rim

I need a new back wheel for my Pitbull mainly because the engagement on my Hope Mono just isn’t fast enough. I've got an old hub lying about which I plan to use but its a 36 hole hub so I'm pretty limited on rims. Ideally I want to get a wide drilled rim but I'm not sure what to get. Any ideas? Onza Hog is so far the only thing I've found.

Thanks, Mike.

koxx and echo mate. koxx do the biggest colour selection ever, pretty sure they do 36 holes, Im maybe being stupid though!

echo do a drilled rim with wider holes in them than koxx and onza, though have heard that makes them weaker but a little lighter if your that way inclined.

(Y)

Onza ronnie- strong but no colour choice

Onza hog- the same as the ronnie

dx32- even stronger but no colour choice and isn't drilled

koxx/echo- not as strong as the above rims but lots of colour choice

plus their's viz rims but i don't know much about them.

personaly i'd recomend the ronnie :P

i would go for an onza ronnie my self koxx rims are made of a really soft metal which doesn't seem to like holding grinds and the breaks generally weak and from what i understand (i'm not sure if its right.) the onza hog rim is basically a koxx rim i'm on my second ronnie now seems pretty much identical to the BMF iv gone for undrilled also if you do get a drilled ronnie you might want to sand off the burs gave me a puncture or two to start with hope some of that was helpful

ben

i had a ronnie, there good rims dont get me wrong but hey are thinner than the hog and echo rims but they are a strong rim and can hold a grind very well, i hve now moved to a hog rim and ok if i had the right sized spokes it waould be cool but i dont so :angry:

the alex rim is also a good choice but i thought u could only get them in 32 hole.

i would go for the hog, bit more money but its a wide rim and strong

I'm sure this hub you have "lying" around wont be as good as the Hope, dont bother changing, im sure you can't tell that much. And if you can your a gimp :P and a pretty big one at that ;)

And if the hub is better than the Hope I suggest either DX32/Planet X BMF/X-LITE PHATSO or Undrilled Ronnie. They are both strong enough..