Front End Is Low

Tom_

my front end feels really low, i'm reasonably new to my trials and this style of bike. My friend said that the front is to low, however when i look at complete bikes they seem to have similar front end hights. I have a Base ta26 with a low rise stem and 1 inch rise bars, with no spacers (as the steerer is to short) any help and veiws on this would be much appreciated

cheers

Edited by tom132

As the others said - if you like it, keep it.

If not, Stem from Supercycles.co.uk

It's the stem that comes on Onza T-Pro's and T-birds. A very good stem, I think, for £12.50.

It's got a lot of rise on it, so it'll bring the bars up if they're too low for comfort.

And they're black... when I read CroMo, I thought it'd be like chrome, the silver type. :- Just incase you wanted to know :lol:

Flipp

dont put a mod stem on a stock your bars would be stupidly high sounds liek the bars would be low to me ride other peoples bikes see what you like i used to have about 4cm of steam stackers 15 deg stem (110mm) and some 2 inch rise bars liked it now i like the front end a bit lower though as they say its all down to prefrence have a go on otherpeoples bike or get some forks with a nice long steer tube and mess around with stem stackers.

ben

I've got the same problem on my bike. It's personal preferance really, I'm going to get a higher stem after riding a mates Koxx. Hes got massive rise compared to me and I found the bike to be a lot more controllable than mine. Just buy a 2nd hand stem, that way if you dont like it then you will probably be able to sell it on without making much of a loss. Nothing to lose!

Mike.

I was looking at the Monty no. 2 post and noticed that he is running a monty urban stem with a nice looking rise. I found the stem at clean bikes, was just wondering what experiences people had had with them (delivery etc.)

cheers