Hello To All From A 40 Year Old

Hiya.

Just thought i'd do my first post, as 2 hrs of the simpsons is doing my head in !!

Very new to trials...... i don't even have a bike yet, but i have been biking on & off for 35 years..... had an origional raleigh chopper he he !

I'm looking for a wee bit of advice.

What bike is best for a novice ? I have looked at a few websites & its all greek to me .

Is there any good places to "play" in East Lancs ?

Are there any tricks that an old stiffy like me could learn easily ?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

Dave.

This website looks really helpfull & i think i might become a regular.

I presume you are looking for a 26" unless you are a midget (no offense if you are )

In that case I would probably go for an ONZA T-REX they are probably the cheapest but still good.

It all depends how much you want to spend.

Hope this helps (Y)

I presume you are looking for a 26" unless you are a midget (no offense if you are )

In that case I would probably go for an ONZA T-REX they are probably the cheapest but still good.

It all depends how much you want to spend.

Hope this helps (Y)

Thanks for the info Cred, i'll have a butchers at them. I gather that the 26" is frame size or wheelbase ?

Thanks again mate.

Mods are alot more controlable also, but for an average sized 40 year old you would just dwaf it, so yep stick to a 26 inch bike. T Rex is probaly your best bet not much else out there begginer wize unless you want to go straight along the lines of a ZOO!/Echo?

ohhhh OHHHHHH BURNLEY!!!!!

its the BEST town I have ridden for street! ohhh, I am going there again soon

haha burnley is suprisingly awesome, pretty varied too. just realised after ali said something that im from east lancs lol. backcowm quarry in rochdale is rather good. not as good as blackstone edge though. nothing can beat that place. add me to msn if you like and im sure youd be welcome to come for a ride with us when you get a bike

You've knocked lego off the grandad spot you know :P

Seriously though, it's nice to see other people picking it up later in life, I didn't start with the trials til I was 25.

Don't listen to all that garbage about big people dwarfing mods, I'm 6'1 ish and ride a mod fine - if anything I'm considering getting a shorter one.

Base the decision on your favourite wheel size - not how big you are.

Head over to trashzen.com for tutorials etc. The basics (pedal hops etc.) are all there.

anyway

good luck :)

You've knocked lego off the grandad spot you know :P

GRANDAD ?? dunno 'bout that ! :lol:

In saying that, my oldest is 16 in a few weeks.....youngest is 2 :S

I've bought a T rex stock from Aire Valley & hopefully pick it up tomorrow, so i'll probably be in A&E by tea time :$

Thanks again for all the suggestions guys (Y)

Good choice. Let us no how your first day riding is. You will probably find that riding a trials bike is alot different to anything us. Having extremely wide bars always felt strange if i didnt ride for ages. But use trashzen as mentioned above. Its a good website. good easy and to understand. If you need any help with anything at all. Dont be scared to ask on here. There is always someone around to help at short notice.