Zona Or Zoo! ? (20")

Hicksy

Use the search, there is a fair few topics about both frames. I think the zona is just a wee bit shorter than the zoo short but the cls version is a lot longer than the zona. Use the search and you will find out.

:huh: The Zona has the same wheelbase as the Cls Python which is 1045.

What else is different is that the Zona has shorter chainstays than the python which is meant to make it feel more flicky? Correct me if im wrong.

Also with the Zona you can run a bashplate but if you prefer a bashring get a python (Y)

Thanks

Mitch

ive found that my cls python is alot better on the back wheel than a zona of the same length. the chainstay (which is the same length makes a little bit difference when side hopping. it might just be my preference of my python but i think the little bit more money makes the difference.

:D

ive found that my cls python is alot better on the back wheel than a zona of the same length. the chainstay (which is the same length makes a little bit difference when side hopping. it might just be my preference of my python but i think the little bit more money makes the difference.

:D

Chainstays aren't the same length. zona's are 362mm and Pythons are 375.

for me the main difference is weight the zona is a super strong frame and as far as i'm aware no one has snapped or cracked a production model one yet. the zoo on the other hand is made using slightly thinner tubes which make it lighter but more snap happy.

but for god sake if you do get a zoo make sure it does'nt have cls's name plastered along the side of it because

there is no point in having someone else's name plastered all over the side.

for me the main difference is weight the zona is a super strong frame and as far as i'm aware no one has snapped or cracked a production model one yet. the zoo on the other hand is made using slightly thinner tubes which make it lighter but more snap happy.

but for god sake if you do get a zoo make sure it does'nt have cls's name plastered along the side of it because

there is no point in having someone else's name plastered all over the side.

the zoo may be more likely to snap, but you can barley call it 'snap happy' :ermm: the zonas dont tide nicely and they look un preportioned.

If it was me - I'd go for a Python. You hardly ever hear about people snapping them or having any problems and they've been around for ages! But I've seen two messed up Zona Zips (bent headtube :S and someone cracked one on the bash mount). B)

:cheers:

hello i have a zona and it rides really nice i think. It is the same wheelbase as a zoo that is 1045, the reason why i got a zona is that they are cheaper so close to being the same and it has a bashplate on it.

What i would say is to try and have a go on both of this bikes that have different specs like 2 zonas and 2 zoos so that you can get a go feel for them.

hope this helps

hello i have a zona and it rides really nice i think. It is the same wheelbase as a zoo that is 1045, the reason why i got a zona is that they are cheaper so close to being the same and it has a bashplate on it.

What i would say is to try and have a go on both of this bikes that have different specs like 2 zonas and 2 zoos so that you can get a go feel for them.

hope this helps

my pythons wheel base is 1055 with my forks B) not bent i swear :shifty:

you should go four the zoo becouse the zona is basically just a reproduction of the zoo and you can get the zoo in two different sizes and cls graphics which i think don't look very nice but thats just my personal opinion you could go for the zona if you were a bit short off money and just stick some zoo stickers on it no one will notice the difference but you should choose which ever frame you prefer becouse afterall it is your bike and only you now what you like and what you don't like have a nice time choosing a frame :D

brendan

you should go four the zoo becouse the zona is basically just a reproduction of the zoo and you can get the zoo in two different sizes and cls graphics which i think don't look very nice but thats just my personal opinion you could go for the zona if you were a bit short off money and just stick some zoo stickers on it no one will notice the difference but you should choose which ever frame you prefer becouse afterall it is your bike and only you now what you like and what you don't like have a nice time choosing a frame :D

brendan

when you say a reproduction. most frames are made in the same factory now with the exception of monty. and i believe the frames are picked out of a catalogue. zoo have the choice whether to with hold the frame from goin in the catolgue ( with a price obviously ) and if not another bike company can use the design and make a few slight changes such as a zona. so really it doesn't matter if the zona is a reproduction it should still be just as good. correct me if im wrong though. and zoos are no longer available in 2 sizes, only if you can pick up an 05 one.

i do believe also that zonas are 1040 not 1045

id say if your not bothered about a bash plate and have the cash anyway get a zoo. first of all though ride both bikes, and try to find both bikes with similar stems as that will change how a bike rides. the only problem is that people who ride a zoo will say get a zoo and people who ride a zona will say get a zona. so just go out and ride them.

Hmmm well i would go for the zoo , zoo python , great bike. strong and looks veryy nice. Abit on the expensive side though, if your looking to spend less then go for the zona, also if your just starting out go for the zona and then move up to a better and more expensive bike. Hope this helps (Y)

Id go for the zoo (Y) There great to ride, maybe a little bit long but i loved my python. I found the python easy to control and easyier to do things on. Also the python offers alot of strength, its made from the ultra 6 alloy and it has alot of cnc parts, which looks good aswell as strenthens the bike out. The python is also light considering the amount of cnc parts....

Abdab