Db T10? Good Or Bad?

Willsey

I made a few of these when i was working at my local bike shop... there very light and a smooth ride from what i felt... but what are your comments on them? the only thing that put me off them was the name DiamondBack lol..

there is one on ebay atm here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DB-Diamond-Back-T-10...1QQcmdZViewItem

we was selling them for £444.. so you would be lucky to get that under £200

so what do you guls n girls think?

go or no go?

looks cool is it handmade if so (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

er, no.

it's not handmade.

it'll be mass produced in a taiwanese factory like all the other diamondback frames have been for the last 20 years.

diamondback have never made completely shite bikes - even their £120 bmxs from 10 years ago were really good value.

the main thing you want to worry about is the geometry - find out about the angles, lengths etc and compare them to some bikes you know are trials specific.

They arent too bad, but not really that great either.

Wasnt John Shrewsbury or someone riding one really well not too long ago?

One slight thing is the brakes are hs11's, not hs33's so arent that great really, and the rear hub wont last too long for serious trials use. You wont get much better for sub £200 though.

i ridden one for a year until i died, (im 13 stone so alot of stress was put on the frame whilst i learned...) was a good ride for the first few months, but as i improved it started feeling too short and gave me back pains... probably because i had it in a stupid gear. when i got my new bike i felt the difference straight away, i could ride more freely, felt more flicky and less sluggish, but with a different bar and stem, different forks and a hs33 with good pads its a beast. and about the hub... i used the formula hub for a year without servicing it once... and it never skipped... :- and i did use some force over technique back when i had it :P

I got one of these 2nd hand a while back and never really liked it. I still have the frame but don't use it.

In my opinion the back end was longer than my T-Rex which made it feel less stable and I think the down tube is ugly (N) .

It came with a very short stem, I fitted a longer one but it just didn't feel right to me.

(Y)

I had one of the older models, the T1, and i must say, despite all the hate of them on here, i did enjoy it over the 4 months i had it. I had to change a few things to suit my needs, longer/higher rise stem and a decent set of bars, but after all this, i learnt so much more than i previously had on my old saracen mad. Everything so much easier on that bike to any other. Might have just been me who liked the bike, but i'd say go for it, if you can get it cheap enough (Y)

Ben

Does anyone else get the feeling that its stolen by a chav who has no idea what hes going on about?

I can't think of any examples, but like the way he made a magura sound like an original thing that only that bike is equipped with :S

Someone ask him if its stolen

Hi

My friends got one of these bikes and hes my view on it.

When my friend first got the bike, the brakes were not very well set up so I sort that. But still the mounts flexed. Then I had ago on the back wheel the bike seem very heavy and hard to handle. So we tried a longer stem which made it feel much nicer (sorry cant remember the size). Then about a month after him having the bike the forks crack on one of the legs near the top and he never fixed it.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

ok girls and guys thanks there is alot of mixed views on the bike then, but most of them are bad..

i have an onza t rex (very short ) and a mission reefer atm, but im going to move onto something else like a zoo pitbull or maybe an Adamant A1! i love Adamants i want one soo bad!

thanks alot people i just wanted a insite on the bike as i didnt really get much time on it.. thanks :)