I Couldn't Resist Sawing The Seatpost Off !

$IL3NT.

You may all remember my gimp shogun as i have posted it in a previous topic. :ermm:

But now i have took off the cheap stickers, cleaned it up ( shiny ). tilted the handle bars up and chopped off the seat post ( did it my self ) :P

i dunno why but it feels better to ride, and u gotta admit it does look far better looool :D

BEFORE !!!!!! :(

IPB Image

AFTER !!!!!!!! :D:o

IPB Image

what do you guys think ? :D

what did you use to pollish it up

lol i dent exactly polish it :ermm: i got a tea towel and scrubbed the whole bike till i could see no dirt lol i think its that shiny paint on the spokes that was just covered by the dust and dirt lol. i also think that the flash from the camera made it shine more :D

thanx for all the compliments guys :D some people were saying dont do it because ill ruin the bike but i went with my instincts and it turned out great lol :P

josh glad u liked the video i still think the best part is where i fall on my ass :o looool

i dont think it will make the frame weaker because it not sawn off near the main joints on the frame :ermm:

oh i also took off the reflecters lmao !! :P

Edited by $IL3NT.

Yea must admit it does look better (Y) But surley doing that will have some effect on the strength of the frame ?

Dan

I wouldn't imagen that taking the seat post off would make much off a difference to strength, i may be wrong but i doubt it would. And taking the stickers off and polishing it defiantly wouldn't

I wouldn't imagen that taking the seat post off would make much off a difference to strength, i may be wrong but i doubt it would. And taking the stickers off and polishing it defiantly wouldn't

i didnt polish it lol i just cleaned it and also the stickers looked crap and i like the plain look better :P

i aggree with u about the seat post not affecting the strength of the frame :P

if parts brake ill just save up and get better parts. I dont need warranty though im never gonna take it back "Trials For Life" :D

Edited by $IL3NT.

lol i wont saw any more parts off.

glad u like it :D

and u might not be able to tell because its only a small pic but i used my fishing knife to cut XXXXX around the rear rim :D

made the brakes a little better. But im using tar, now i have got some, makes the brakes great :P

Edited by $IL3NT.

i dont think its that bad although i would definatly change tose plastic pedals for some metal ones.The frame looks better without the seat post (Y) good job!

lol ye i broke the pedals last night, now i took the plastic pedals off my other bike to use untill i can get some metal ones. :D

MikeCottTrials if u think my bike is like looking at a car then u need to go and see an optician :P

Edited by $IL3NT.

Go down to your local arts and crafts shop and get some self adheasive felt. Then cut i nice shape out and stick it over the hole. It's what i did with mine. If there's just plain felt, get some double sided sticky tape and put the two together.

(Y)

Not sure how you got the nerve to do that, I wouldn't dare take a hacksaw near my bike...and that horrible feeling of cutting through a frame that feels like butter and thinking 'oh f**k, too late now'.

Scrap the 'gimp' sticker personally...what the hell were shogun thinking?